“Located in a highly congested area”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #68 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Located in a highly congested area”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked at this hotel because on the map it seemed to be close to important places -Seattle Center and Pike Place. Its location is the point where over seven streets converge! THe whole place is like a maze. The traffic is incredibly high. We had no choice but to leave our car in the garage and walk long distances. Even crossing the road is hazardous.

The staff was congenial. The lobby is spacious and well-furnished. The breakfast was average and adequate. The room was clean. Corridors were narrow and the dark carpet made it even more forbidding. Elevators worked just fine. There was no view from the window. The staff let me park my car there for one day longer for extra 10 dollars. That was nice of them. All in all, it was a hotel, which I would rate at 2.5 stars.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any room better than the other!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Prabhakar K,
My apologies that the map made it appear we were closer then you had thought. I am curious did you confirm our proximity to the sites you were interested in? We are usually very consistent in informing our guests how far the local attractions are in relation to the hotel. I will agree that Seattle can be confusing in general. We are located in a high visible area and during peak traffic times can be busy. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you for the feedback, we depend on these from our guests to ensure we understand were our guests are coming from.

Gerald Garcia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great room, great view of space needle. room was clean and we felt very safe. After a wonderful dinner atop the space needle we walked back to the hotel and went for a swim in the pool. Pool was nice and pool area was clean and looked well kept. Bed was confortable in fact I selpt through my alarm! Breakfast area was large but we timed it wrong and it was almost full when we got there but it was very good and a large selection. Parking garage a bit tight and really glad we did not drive our pickup as sure it would not have fit in parking garage. Would haved loved to have had a few more days in Seattle.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My purse was stolen out of my room. The manager told me I must have lost it somewhere else. The purse was found in the hotel and turned in. They called me, and since the purse was still in the hotel they had to agree it was stolen from my room but told me they took no responsibility of items left in the room.
Lots of emails and phone calls. I never got a human to talk to me about what happened, just telling me I shouldn't have left my purse in my room
???? Why is there a key then??

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have no belongings.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Laural90210
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Laural90210,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I am concerned to read the troubles that you had during your stay with us. Whilst it was quite a relief to hear that your purse was retrieved before you departed, we deeply regret the inconvenience the situation has caused you. Guest security is of utmost importance to us, as such, your comments will be used to consider updates and improvements where possible.

Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and safe accommodations. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

shrewsbury, MA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Holiday Inn Express was clean, convenient and a safe place to park our car, while we walked to Pike's Market, the Space Needle and enjoyed the monorail. After a long day of travel to reach the hotel, our family deemed these the most comfortable beds ever and we had a great night's sleep! The breakfast was very good and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank backpacker021
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
backpacker021,

This is indeed a compliment! I am very proud you and your family found our beds "the most comfortable". I am also happy we were convenient to the local attractions. If you return to the area please look to us and see the completed renovations. I can't thank you enough for this review.

Gerald G.
Milton, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This property is being renovated a bit at a time. Overall, the building is a little worn. The staff were quite nice. The breakfast room was clean and kept well stocked with the usual fare. The hot cinnamon rolls were better than many others I've had. Each day had a different variation of eggs and meat. There is a pancake machine, breads, bagels, and muffins, toasters, cereals, yogurt, milk, boiled eggs, and juices.
The location is a short two or three blocks walk from the Space Needle and city center.
There are several bus stops a block or so away. We walked downtown more than once and to Pike Place a few times with no problems. Sometimes we rode the bus back.
My only complaints were the slow elevators (which may have been due to renovations) and the pool being out of service our first three days. Each time I inquired about the pool I was told there was a minor pump repair and it would reopen in a few hours.
We stayed in two rooms. The top floor was a little louder with plumbing noise but had a vaulted ceiling which I prefer. The showers were always hot and had great pressure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie D
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Stephanie D,

Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear you found our location convenient to the sites. As for the renovations, I do apologize for the nuisance. The elevators have been rather slow however, we did just install a new motor. That should help. Other than that I appreciate you taking the time to provide us your comments.

Gerald Garcia
Cowichan Bay, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We booked a 2 night package through the Victoria Clipper. This hotel is conveniently situated being a reasonable walk to the Space Needle,Chihuly Glass Museum etc. The rooms are reasonably spacious with comfortable beds and a selection of firm or soft pillows. We were two friends travelling together to attend a concert at the Key Arena. The sink and vanity area separate from the bathroom worked well for us. Our room was clean and well maintained. Front desk staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. Convenient to have access to a computer in the lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Sure a convenient location: at walking distance of the Needle, EMP, Glass Garden and hop-on-and-hop-off trolleys. You should ask some directions at the front desk though, for one has to cross highway 99 and starting off in the wrong direction might result in a stiff march. The desk was efficient and absolutely friendly and helpful. Parking space is widely available at very reasonable rates. (We even got it for free as welcome for our first Seattle visit). The room was clean and, although a bit aged, well maintained. For diner and breakfast, there is an independent restaurant in the same block. We’ve had a decent breakfast twice. Diner facilities are very ‘basic’: limited menu, long preparation time, due to a small staffed kitchen and a ‘fastfood atmosphere’ (e.g. the bartender constantly discussing the football shown on the TV-screens with certain clients at the bar). Overall: a convenient and affordable place to stay for a visit of Seattle.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family