“Ipad stolen plus 2 chargers”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #67 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Left our room after a brief rest to see the Space Needle. On our return we noticed our ipad and 2 chargers gone. My husband filed a complaint and was told the managers will have a meeting the next morning. I went to see some other reviews and read about the same things, missing electronics. Management should be more careful with the employees they hire. Seems like this thief is getting away from stealing. We have stayed in HI all the time in different places and this is the first time we have experienced such thing...disappointing!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank dette27
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear dette27,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very guest friendly hotel.
In spite of late arrival due to stormy weather the desk staff were very helpful suggesting close-by restaurants which would be open,
Complimentary hot breakfast had a good variety of offerings suitable for my gluten-free diet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

First thing we noticed was the smoke smell thru out. As we got into our room, Carpet needed to be vacuumed the door to the bathroom is delaminating from water damage due to fact the shower curtain was falling apart. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The big plus was it was nice walking distance to the space needle & other attractions. The other bummer was a lot of construction around in the area, the road to the west was closed and a lot sidewalks where closed as well. your standard deal. I would stay again price is right and location is great. The location make this place.......

Room Tip: upgrade to the west room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

lnfette,

I regret you did not find our hotel to your liking. We are in the process of upgrading our hotel. I invite you to see us once the renovations are done and it is my hope you will find your experience memorable.

Gerald Garcia

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have traveled a fair bit this year with work and Holiday Inn has won the title of my go to accommodations. Holiday Inn Express Seattle was conveniently located to everything. The monorail, the Needle, and the Pink Elephant the most photographed site of Seattle or so I am told.

This facility was clean, friendly and service oriented but most important to our account department reasonably priced.

Thank you to all the staff that made our visit a true enjoyment. I will not need to look for other accommodations on my return to Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade from front desk because if it is possible they will make it happen.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were only there for one night but we were very happy with our choice to stay at the Holiday Inn Express at Seattle Center. Room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is an okay property. Rooms are sufficient, regular HIX breakfast spread, nice view of the Space Needle (on upgraded west-facing rooms).

Be aware parking is tight and there is a charge for it (as this is city center).

I wouldn't rule out staying here again, nor am I itching to return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

demaileron,

Thank you for the review. I do admit parking is rather tight here in the city. It is my hope we at least met your expectations during your stay and hope you see us again after our renovations. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Gerald G.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here recently when we came to watch the football game. I've stayed at several HIX and you know what you get with them. What separated this property from the others was the service in the breakfast bar. Amazing job by that team.

I didn't like the location from the point that is was right at the start of the freeway so it was a bit noisy at night and was a bit tricky to get to the first time we arrived. Earplugs did the trick though.

I would stay there again for sure.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family