All reviewsspace needlepancake machineroom was cleanfree breakfastaurora avenuefront desk staffwithin walking distanceminute walkdecent breakfastindoor poolthe breakfast areafew blockstop flooralaskan cruiseother attractionsyogurtking suite
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I found it nice and comfortable. Breakfast is good enough, nothing fancy. And the rooms are nice. Elevators are old and slow but they work. Swimming pool is small but warm. It is a shame I was not able to use it (it closes at 11:00 p.m).
Hotel is very close to Space Needle and Seattle downtown. But you will have to walk a little bit depending where you are going.
Rooms are very good actually with a nice coach and desk. Wi-fi is ok.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Am staying this hotel is located near city' mall me and my all friends are enjoying in this hotel .the all facilities are awesome .
Food was so jummy mr sameer is nice parson is so poilt man is providing me and my friends excellent hospitality
Thaks mr sameer

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Lindsay H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi Sona S,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at our Hotel! We are so happy to hear that the staff met your expectations, and that you enjoyed your time in Seattle.
We hope you will visit us again soon!

Thanks so much,

Lindsay H.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Great location to the shore and public market! Walking distance to the convention center and space needle as well. Paid $350 for a 2 queen room and it was severely over priced. Nothing special in the rooms to make it worth that much! No shuttle unless you want to pay more than an uber ($9 for an uber to the shore for 3 people, and they want $8 per person for the shuttle for less than 2 miles. Must have cash to pay the shuttle driver direct.) The rooms smelled extremely heavy of cleaning supplies and air freshener. There is absolutely no ventilation. I know there was a huge convention in town, but a $200 mark up is just insane.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi Alix B,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to know that you found our location to your liking. However, we are saddened to find out your dissatisfaction with our pricing. I have shared these with the management for review. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

We value you as our guest and hope to get another chance to give you a more pleasurable stay should you be in the area again.

Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We had a suite room for one night before the cruise and two nights after the cruise. The suite is facing the street with view of the Space Needle. I would prefer the room on another side without the view. On the last two nights, we had to make a call to front desk at night. Our sofa bed had no sheet, blanket, and pillows. It took them half hour to bring it. I have to agree that the night staffs was not up to speed as the day time staffs. The room was clean. I have to say that the hotel has a nice hot full breakfast. The room price for this hotel is less expensive than another hotel in the area. Location, the hotel is on the good location from the attractions, foods, and transportation. The hotel has pay van/car to the pier(cruise ship) and Airport. Check the price before. $6/PP to the pier and $40+ for the trip to the airport. I would call the hotel directly (in a daytime) a day or two before to confirm your reservation. Make sure you write down the name of person you spoke with. I did.

Room Tip: Room away from street noise, High floor, away from elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tekathronv
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Hello tekathronv,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that our location worked for your travel needs and that you found the room clean and you enjoyed breakfast. However, we still failed to make your stay 100% satisfactory due to the level of service you received. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have faced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Good clean rooms. Within walking distance of most places depending on how much walking you are able to do. Staff was friendly. Check in check out was easy using the app. Stayed here because we were meeting friends who had already booked using points. Was very surprised at how expensive it was. If it was my choice I would have stay at the now sister chain Kimpton which has 3 hotels in the downtown area and were only about $20 more per night with many more amenities and better locations. Gave this 3 stars based on value. I have read managements' comments that they charge what the market will bare but that is the same argument as justifying paying premium price for regular fuel. At $50 less per night would have earned another star. Good place just too high priced for what you get.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello E P,

Your stay with us is appreciated. I feel unsettled that you were dismayed with our room rates. There are different factors, including the competition, that help our hotel determine prices. We want to deliver great value for our guests, and we understand your sentiment. Be assured that your comments will be considered when making future pricing strategies.

On a lighter note, I am pleased that your room was spotless and that you had ease checking in. I hope that your future travels bring you back to our hotel!

Best,