All reviewsspace needlepancake machineroom was cleanfree breakfastaurora avenuefront desk staffwithin walking distanceminute walkdecent breakfastindoor poolthe breakfast areafew blockstop flooralaskan cruiseother attractionsyogurtking suite
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Location is great. Rooms are comfortable. View was nice, overlooking the tower. Not to many places to eat at, close by. I should of shopped around for a hotel because there were many choices to choose from in the city area. Staff were friendly except for one, where I needed change for a hundred dollars and I was told to go walk a couple blocks to get change. I was kind of disappointed because if I'm paying around $180.00 to $260.00 a night. Why wouldn't I be able to get that service! I was very close to challenging the female front desk person. That to me is a motel answer with attitude!!! I wouldn't stay there again. They need to learn hospitality!! Greet and always have aloha! Even it is fake! That's the way your going to get a gratuity or a good write up. John Noguchi

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi A455QFjohnn,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our rooms and the view. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with one of our Front Desk staff members. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The hotel seems a little older but it was clean and comfortable. Our fifth floor room had a nice clear view of the Space Needle a few blocks away. We were about a mile walking distance from the Public Market. The hotel was a little more expensive than I thought it should be. We also had to pay $19 for parking. The location is not exactly in the city center, but is accessible to it. Breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express. Those cinnamon rolls are always so good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rusky1415
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We just needed a room for the night before getting in the ferry the next morning. Clean room, easy check in and friendly service. Since a breakfast was included, this hotel was a great deal. I accidentally left a hat in the room and when I returned a few days later, they retrieved it! Easy walking distance to most tourist destinations downtown. Be ready for uphills & downhills & lots of interesting sights.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Arrived early after long rail journey from Vancouver approx 5 hours.
Reception staff stated no rooms ready but would be available in 1 hour , after two hours of watching Cruise ship passengers allocated rooms approached reception again and eventually was offered a room , slight downgrade from King to Queen bed but accepted.

Room OK , nothing special, did not have time to use the pool or take breakfast as early flight the following day.

Not a disastrous stay but not particularly pleasant, the hotel appears to concentrate proving good service to their cruise passengers and give them priority.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear whitedavejohn,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is nice to know that the room received was at par. However, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience experienced during your check-in and with the room type received. Your comments are highly valuable to us and have already forwarded this to the hotel management as this will assist us in our continuous efforts to improve the service level we aim for.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Good choice for Seattle. The quality that you expect from every Holiday Inn.

Good breakfast too, and helpful people at the reception. It is located near the center, in walking distance from some restaurant.

There is a swimming pool, but it is not really big - so more of a dip than a swim.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business