All reviews space needle pancake machine room was clean free breakfast aurora avenue front desk staff within walking distance minute walk decent breakfast indoor pool the breakfast area few blocks top floor alaskan cruise other attractions yogurt king suite
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I stayed here between September 9 to Sep 15 2017. I have stayed at HI before @ Mountain View Sunnyvale and I had a great experience . With the same expectations I booked the Seattle HI - Express for my business travel. I was very disappointed with the rooms and the service. The rooms were too small, the sink/basin was placed outside the bathroom (I was quite surprised at this). My washroom did not have a bathtub which was standard across other rooms though. I requested for a change in room as this setting made me feel claustrophobic. But looks like they had no other option. I was also a IHG rewards club member but I could not leverage the membership.
The breakfast spread was good and my 2 stars is for that. But I might not pick HI- Express @ Seattle for future travel.

Room Tip: Please request for rooms that have a view to the outside.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Hello JayaBiju,

We appreciate your brand loyalty! Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Seattle-City Center, WA. I'm sorry to hear that you were dismayed with the set up of the room. If there are future enhancements to be made, we will consider your thoughts.

It's good to know that you found breakfast to your liking and that our location was a plus for your business trip. We aim to make your accommodations as best as it can be.

I hope that you will give us another chance to host you again!

Best,

Anna B

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very nice accommodations close to space needle and handy for the mono rail to down town business area. Good restaurants in the area. Nice size rooms. Breakfast was an added feature and had a nice selection.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The location is great if you want to be near the Space Needle and the attractions in that that area which includes the monorail that drops you downtown ($2.50 for a 2 min. ride - quick and easy). The two ladies on the morning shift were friendly and were 2 for 2 on good food reccomendations. There was some noise as we were facing the main street but the air conditioner kinda drowned that out. Our room had a view of the Needle. There is a Keurig in the room and free breakfast in the lobby; while not extensive is a great place to get a bite before you begin your walking for the day. Join their rewards club (IHG) to get a slightly cheaper rate.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank Benito J. S
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed here one night and it delivered what we wanted. We had a room overlooking the Space Needle which meant it was on the main road and quite noisy. Staff were great but breakfast a bit too busy with not enough tables.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hello Roger D,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the areas where we can improve, especially with the dining tables. I am sorry this impacted your experience.

I am pleased to know that you found our staff accommodating! Nothing makes us happier than knowing that they did a great job in ensuring that you had a comfortable stay.

We would be honored to have back! Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express.

Warm Regards,

Anna B

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Location is great. Rooms are comfortable. View was nice, overlooking the tower. Not to many places to eat at, close by. I should of shopped around for a hotel because there were many choices to choose from in the city area. Staff were friendly except for one, where I needed change for a hundred dollars and I was told to go walk a couple blocks to get change. I was kind of disappointed because if I'm paying around $180.00 to $260.00 a night. Why wouldn't I be able to get that service! I was very close to challenging the female front desk person. That to me is a motel answer with attitude!!! I wouldn't stay there again. They need to learn hospitality!! Greet and always have aloha! Even it is fake! That's the way your going to get a gratuity or a good write up. John Noguchi

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi A455QFjohnn,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our rooms and the view. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with one of our Front Desk staff members. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,