“Huge room, more like an apartment, great location. A bit outdated.”

and 1 more site!
University Motel Suites
Ranked #72 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I used to stay here when I was in Seattle for work. Being in the the U-district was necessary. The owners live in the building, a young couple, maybe mid-30s. Check-in isn't available 24 hours a day so if you're getting in late you'll have to contact them to make arrangements to get your key. It's not a very big place either so if you want a room around graduation, big sports events, or whatever you should book in advance.

The "room" is huge. It's really a one bedroom apartment. It even has a full kitchen. It is a bit old and dated. The whole building seems to be that way. The location is great. It's right near University Ave. but it's not so close that they noise will keep you up. They have free parking (as far as I can remember) but it's tight. There's free wifi also.

I don't stay here as much anymore because the prices have gone up and since I don't have to stay in the U-district anymore I'd rather stay somewhere else. But if you're staying near the school I'd stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gomerk

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Decor as other have stated is dated - but who cares? We parked around back which, to be honest, I wasn't sure was safer than street parking, but all went well, no issues at all, the woman at the front desk was very pleasant, we booked for a family of four/maybe five (wasn't sure if we were going to bring our infant for the weekend or not) and was told we'd get a 2-queen room. Well what a room! When we arrived we got a whole suite! Kitchen filled with dishes and pot and pans and fridge and there were two queens, plus an extra queen in its own separate bedroom! We could hear the person above us walking around a bit and some people outside a bit (it is a university area, after all) but nothing that kept us up at all. Everything worked, bed were comfortable, good pressure in the shower.... all for $105. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AllisonHyatt
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This a great place to say if you're trying to stay close to UW but don't want all the noise that University Way usually offers. Would be great for larger parties, but even traveling alone it was a great stay. You get a lot of space for your money, almost like staying at a friend's place only you don't have to sleep on the couch. The furniture, kitchen and bathroom are a little worn but everything is clean and functional. I didn't bring a car, but I heard the free off-street parking is a huge bonus. Overall, I was very impressed with my stay. As they said on the website "A suite for the price of a room", can't beat that!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

Finding a hotel room in Seattle for close to 100$ in August appears to be nearly impossible, but this place offers small apartments at a reasonable rate in the university district. The furniture in the kitchen looks tired but is functional. Housekeeping service is minimal but all in all, if you want to keep your travel budget within reason and don't mind a 20 minute bus ride trip the city centre then this is a good option.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Halibut22
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at University Motel Suites for 4 nights this week. I got the 3 queen beds suite. I like it because there's a separate bedroom which worked out great. It is an older building. Beds were comfortable. I would recommend though to have a bigger knife in the kitchen. There was only a steak knife which made it hard to cut food to prep for meals.

The couple who's managing the place was very nice and easy to deal with...however, the cleaning staff is not very efficient. Our beds were not made 2 days. The comforters were still on the side of the room. Gave us fresh towels but did not clean the rest of the bathroom. I had my cellphone charger plugged and they removed it one morning and have no idea how they bent the tips.

Didn't have problem with parking under the building...but didn't feel safe parking there late at night...as the parking lot is in the back from a smaller alley and its wide opened. When we got back 1 night, there was 4 guys hanging outside the parking area and we had to get closer to them to enter the stairways. Luckily, there was 4 of us....i wouldn't know if i would have gotten out of the car if i was by myself. I would recommend having the parking lot enclosed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was so excited to find this place with 3 queen beds, a kitchen, and free off-street parking near the University of Washington in Seattle. The managers were very kind when I called and everything went well with our stay. It is an older building with dated cabinets, etc, but it was clean and large and I felt safe there. There was easy access to the freeway. Walgreen's is half a block away, and Safeway is one block away so there is no problem getting groceries or other items. The Wi-Fi worked well. The best part was that this suite was less expensive than the other options I was looking at that would have required one of our kids to sleep on the floor, and would have charged for parking. We were very happy with the University Motel Suites and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Bountiful5
Reviewed 29 August 2011

If you care more about space and convenience than decor, this is the place! It was obviously built as an apartment house rather than a hotel, so there is plenty of space and storage in the rooms. The place is old-fashioned, never was stylish and never will be, but it is comfortable and useful. There is a kitchenette and basic cookware, though we never used them.
Your first impression is not likely to be favorable - the office is down a long corridor that is the least well-kept in the place, but the staff were friendly and helpful. Parking is free but may be difficult if you have a large vehicle, since it is a tight turn from the alley to the lot. Note that there are no elevators - we were on the third floor, so it was a bit of a hike with our luggage. That said, the place was quiet and a good value, and we will certainly go back when we are next in Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family