We live locally and frequently travel to Seattle for the great restaurants there and for special occasions. This is going to be "our" hotel whenever we visit. The hotel has many great things going for it. It's clean, the staff are friendly and professional, and it's not far from downtown. Many rooms have at least a partial view of Lake Union. They have a pool and hot tub. Best of all, it is priced more reasonably than many other hotels in it's class. Seattle's general hotel pricing is really excessive, in our opinion, for families of modest income. Parking in the city is also at least $25-$40 PER night. IMO, the parking costs are insane! With the already high cost of hotels, who often have their own parking garage, it's criminal to charge hotel guests to park a car. The Silver Cloud doesn't charge you for parking or for internet connection, another service which should be free with your room. They also give a few real "extras"....like a free newspaper and a free full hot breakfast with a large selection of food to choose from. AND they offer a free shuttle around town. (Be sure and sign up for your shuttle early or it can be full. It's a very popular service). We park our car when we arrive and don't use it again until we leave town. That relieves a lot of stress of even finding the expensive parking spots in town!! We save at least $80-$90 per night for these services.
On our recent stay, for our anniversary, the hotel surprised us with a bottle of wine and chocolates in our room when we returned from dinner. That was an unexpected nice touch. This is why the Silver Cloud continues to be our choice when staying in Seattle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union