“Nice place”

Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This is he second time in this hotel . I really like the first time . Over looking the lake and the boat yards are great . But the other side you look at nothing and it is very loud with traffic probable off I 5 . Room was clean ,but not the bathroom . Not really the fault of the cleaning Crue I am sure the woman in the room before us did her best to hid it in the sower curtain before she left . Over all I will stay here again but only if I can have a room over looking the lake

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bigfarm

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Over to Seattle to see my daughter. So many choices with hotel stay. Taking my girlfriend who has never been to Seattle or the ocean, so I wanted something special. Location Location Location. Since I lived here 30 years ago many changes have happened and a almost double in population. Anyway wanted something close to downtown as my daughter lives downtown. Chose the Silver cloud inn at Lake union as I wanted a view of Lake Union, close to downtown, free breakfast and internet and the all important free parking. Room was super at 200 a night with taxes, view was wonderful, breakfast was very good, internet fast and secure. Parking is a little tough as the spaces are small so if you drive your Suburban or Pickup good luck. Anyway staff super nice. Free shuttle to downtown, Pike place, seattle center and pioneer square. Just call them when you are done and they come pick you up where they dropped you off. Will stay again probably not get the view again as thats a extra 20 a night, who knows.

Room Tip: No restaurants in walking distance or on site. Have to travel a bit
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wantabird
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My family travelled to seattle for a portion of our group to attend Comicon. The rest of us went to the zoo. This hotel was nice and centrally located. The rooms were big and beautiful and the staff very attentive. Our only complaint was the parking. it was free which was appreciated but the spots are tiny and our vehicle was a van. Very difficult.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Provided just what I needed for my business trip to The Kois Center on Lake Union: breakfast, great service with a smile, shuttle bus to tourist sites, pool. As soon as I reported a slow drain maintenance was on top of it. This is my third visit and if I come back to Seattle I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay extra for a lake view ask for one of the side rooms that still have par...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed a lot of the amenities including free breakfast and free shuttle to downtown. My room was a very nice size with 2 queen beds, a couch and desk. The only downside to this hotel is 2 of the receptionist in particular, both skinny dark haired girls. On arrival, they did not tell me where the elevator(s) were or anything about the breakfast. After asking about the breakfast hours, I received a very snippy answer. When asking about the shuttle they acted like I was bothering them and gave me the minimum information possible. I was told that the shuttle leaves every half hour and I just need to show up. When I showed up the next morning, I was told (this time by a nice receptionist) that I needed to sign up for the shuttle as there was limited space. Would have been nice to know beforehand as I was headed to the airport and needed to get their early. I do like this hotel and would stay again, but believe that these girls in particular need some schooling in hospitality management. The other staff at the front desk and the drivers of the shuttle were great to converse with and were very good at their jobs.

Room Tip: The street traffic is very noisy so choose a high floor and use a white noise app on your phone.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Very happy with our stay. Rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good. Beautiful views of the lake. Parking was convenient and free. Great price, especially for that area. Also really great that there is a shuttle to the downtown area. Pool was closed for renovations when we were there, but look forward to using it in the future (and is open 24/7)!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this hotel because of the free parking, but the very competitive price combined with a fair all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet (eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, waffles, fruit, yoghurt, muffins) free in room wifi (which was fast and reliable), an indoor pool, and a convenient location makes this hotel a real winner for me. Definitely the first choice for me on future trips. Rock was large, bed comfortable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family