We stayed here for 4 days in late March. It was great. The hotel was in a nice area of town. You can see Lake Union right across the street. The main lobby was very nice and the staff very friendly. Our room was on the 3rd floor, which was great because that was the floor with the breakfast buffet. The buffet was awesome, waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, coffee, juice, fruit, and sweet rolls. It was very filling. And the view was beautiful. We had a king size room. It was very spacious. No complaints. We used the pool & hot tub on the first floor. It was excellent. Really good after a day of walking around museums. When we went, there was no one else there.
The main plus for this hotel is the complimentary shuttle service. We did rent a car but we never had to drive it around town. We used the shuttle everyday. It goes the three main areas downtown, the Space Needle, Pike Place & Pioneer Square. The drivers were very fast and really talkative. We only had one instance where we had to wait for the next shuttle but the driver was so nice, he dropped us off at a restaurant we were eyeing on the way back. Great guy. We gave the drivers $2-$3 per ride as a tip.
The only bad thing I can say about the hotel is here were some spots in the hallways where you could see some wear & tear of the hotel like some stained and scraped wallpaper. But there aren't many spots like that.
Overall, this was a great deal and I'm really happy we chose this hotel. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union