I had looked at the Silver Cloud on line, but chose a cheaper hotel closer to downtown. The other hotel was less than expected, so we called and switched. We were pleasantly surprised at everything. Parking was included. The pool was indoor, heated and nice. Breakfast was wonderful with lots of choices and in a very pleasant room with a great view of the lake and the seaplanes, looking toward the picturesque hills across the lake. The room was a little larger that a standard hotel room and the chair converted to a single bed, making the 5 of us very comfortable. The TV was a large flat screen - nice. Our view was just of the buildings behind, but if you get an upper floor on the lake side, the views are gorgeous. We took the hotel shuttle to a Mariners game - very convienent not to have to drive. I wish I had known how much we would have enjoyed our selves here and stayed longer.
I think on the map, the location looks far from the center of town, but that really isn't the case. We found some of the streets downtown to be a little seedy, so unless you are on the waterfront directly, or at one of the pricey boutique hotels, avoid the cheaper rooms a few blocks from 2nd St. A few more blocks and you are at Lake Union, just behind the Space Needle, actually very close and with the shuttle service, you won't have to worry about finding parking. Then just relax and enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union