We booked at more or less the last minute, due the necessity to go to a medical appointment at the University of Washington. There was both a conference and soccer tournament taking place in or near Seattle, so many hotels were filled. The room here, while just under $300 for a two Queen (King?) room with a view, was still less than others we'd considered. You can see lots of boats, and seaplanes (the noise may bother some but it doesn't occur all that often and only during the day). There was limited traffic noise from the street in front of us.
The hotel is not new or fancy, but fine. Breakfast is included. There is one free washing machine and dryer per floor. There are a few restaurants within walking distance. Front desk gives out a map. Parking is free. If you don't have a car, you rely on buses and/or the hotel's shuttle, which can take you to the Space Needle, Westfield Center or Pioneer Square (we also heard people getting a ride to the Amtrak station). You need to sign up in advance. For the return trip, you need to phone. Wait could be short or long. When we wanted to go to a downtown rental car location, driver was accommodating and took us right there. To get to Husky Stadium, where the medical clinic we went to was located, we had to take a taxi. We had gotten from the airport to the hotel by taxi, and that cost over $40.
I'd personally rather stay closer to tourist sites, but the location isn't bad. I felt the price exceptionally high for the quality of hotel, but it was very busy so prices were higher than normal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union