“Great location”

Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Des Moines, IA
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

Stayed for 3 nights in late April. 7th floor, non-lake front view. Room was what you expected, overlooked the busy street below. Could use a noisier air conditioning/heating unit to drown out the noise. Next time, I will pay a little more for the lake view. More than anything, great value for type of room and location. Central to many different areas and easily accessible by car. The free parking was awesome and saved another $30 per night compared to other hotels. Nice, small business center with free internet access- thank you. Great restaurants close by: Blu Water bistro, Duke's Chowder House and Chandler's. Our favorites were Duke's and Blu Water. Free shuttle to Space Needle and Pike Place Market. We used it a couple times. Driver was not very friendly or helpful (seemed bored with his job) so we started driving places and found Seattle to be very car friendly to our surprise. Would stay again but would get a ake front room and bring a fan for noise.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CycloneJoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

Our hotel room was meticulous and we even had a view! The location was perfect and the hotel staff was on point. Kudos to the front desk staff...they were consistently helpful will all of questions...ranging from where to eat...to how do I get there... The breakfast was one of my favorites...love the waffles. Keep doing what you are doing!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

This hotel is in a great location, love love love the free parking, free internet, free breakfast, free laundry wow I've never seen free laundry before very cool. Can't you tell I love free stuff!! Fitness facilities way better than I've ever seen before too plus a pool. Breakfast was nice. Big, very clean, room with fridge and microwave. Overall great great place and I would totally stay there again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Tigard, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

I will re-state up front that this hotel was a horrible experience- for us. I think other people would be happy with it. Anyway, here's why it was a nightmare for me and my family.

We stayed in a king suite with a view over Lake Union. The room was very clean, spacious, and quiet, That's the good. Now here's the bad.

Internet wi/fi- sketchy during the day.

Sheets. Is there a written or unwritten rule in the hotel industry that states all sheets must be stiff and scratchy? I think there is. This hotel is no exception. My daughter ended up sleeping with the blanket next to her and the sheet on top.

Bed. Is there also a written or unwrotten rule in the hotel industry that states all hotel beds must be stiff as a [---] board? This hotel is no exception.

Hide-a-bed. Typical bar-in-your-back variety.

Refrigerator. The fridge in the room was barely cold at all.

Environment. It is mid March.. The temperature outside dips in to the 40's at night. So will someone please tell me why the hell I have to run the NOISY air conditioning at full tilt to keep the temperature DOWN in the room??

And while we're at it, can someone please explain the mysterious invisible barrier that prevents the cool air from passing from the living area into the bed area? Living area is colder than the refrigerator, while the bed area is roasting. WTH???

Needless to say we literally got no sleep tonight (I'm posting in real time from the room on 3/22/10). We were supposed to stay here for two nights but there's no way I'm going through this uncomfortable nightmare again. My wife is upset, I'm upset, and my daughter is cranky as hell this morning.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank ironbar
LakeUnionManager, Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union, responded to this review, 23 March 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you encountered with our room comfort. I am sorry we weren't able to address your concerns while you were here. Our staff is committed to your comfort and happiness. All guest reviews - positive or negative - provide an excellent training opportunity for us. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

We like staying here. The service has been very consistent, the rooms are admirably maintained ... it's quite efficient, but has a low key vibe. The views are outstanding ... and the location is perfect for taking short jaunts downtown, to the University, Fremont or Ballard Districts. It's just a dependably nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

stayed with my husband and 2 kids at the Silver Cloud Inn, Lake Union in Seattle and had an wonderful stay. The deluxe suite was perfect for my family of 4 (2 kids and husband) as there was privacy in the large, efficiently priced suite, pool for the kids, free breakfast, free parking, and the dividing door between the kids space (pull out couch to comfy queen bed) and my room with my husband was perfect. Great Lake Union view from our room and directly across the street from a variety of restaurants. We chose Duke's Chowder house as there was a great choice for the kids and us adults.

I highly recommend this hotel. It's not downtown but mins by the free shuttle, or by car and with the wonderful lake view and awesome price point and comfortable, clean accomodation you can't beat it!!!! If you're visiting Seattle, simply choose this hotel. I esp. appreciated Lashonna's expertise in helping us with our reservation and answering our questions about the area and helping me to find the best place to celebrate our weekend in Seattle.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

Free shuttle, free parking, great location, and the rooms are clean and well laid out. Restaurants just steps away. While the pool and hot tub area was nothing fancy this hotel offered so many conveniences I would definitely recommend it. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family