“What a great hotel!!!!”

Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union
Ranked #11 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 26 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Silver Cloud Lake Union two days prior to our cruise and one day after the cruise. The hotel was very clean, and the beds where very comfortable. The staff was very kind and helped us many times in deciding where to grab a bit to eat. The free shuttle service saved us some cash and the drivers where great. They where always on time at the locations to pick us up. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one. O ya and the price was great also. What a great location by lake Union. Very nice watching the sail boats on the Lake. The 24 hour pool and hot tub is a plus. and the free parking is great. The fire place in the room was very romantic. This hotel will be on our list when we visit Seattle. Good Job!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union

Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn on a Saturday night and were very impressed with the cleanliness, service and quality of the room. Our accomodations overlooked Lake Union where we watched float planes take off and others boating. Restaurants are near as is Starbucks! I highly recommend the king suite especially if you're staying a few days. We will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn while we were in Seattle for a wedding. It had everything we needed and more. Free internet access in every room, flat screen tv's, continental breakfast every day, free secure parking, free shuttle service to area attractions, pool, gym, and comfortable clean rooms. Everyone who worked at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The rooms were quiet, comfortable, clean, and spacious. The lake views were fantastic--you could see boats on the lake and the Space Needle. Several hours after we checked out our son realized he had left an expensive ring on the nightstand, we called the hotel and they called us back in less than an hour to tell us they had found it. So not only are the employees friendly and helpful, they are very honest too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. It was fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LLouise
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Stayed for 3 nights in late April. 7th floor, non-lake front view. Room was what you expected, overlooked the busy street below. Could use a noisier air conditioning/heating unit to drown out the noise. Next time, I will pay a little more for the lake view. More than anything, great value for type of room and location. Central to many different areas and easily accessible by car. The free parking was awesome and saved another $30 per night compared to other hotels. Nice, small business center with free internet access- thank you. Great restaurants close by: Blu Water bistro, Duke's Chowder House and Chandler's. Our favorites were Duke's and Blu Water. Free shuttle to Space Needle and Pike Place Market. We used it a couple times. Driver was not very friendly or helpful (seemed bored with his job) so we started driving places and found Seattle to be very car friendly to our surprise. Would stay again but would get a ake front room and bring a fan for noise.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CycloneJoe
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Our hotel room was meticulous and we even had a view! The location was perfect and the hotel staff was on point. Kudos to the front desk staff...they were consistently helpful will all of questions...ranging from where to eat...to how do I get there... The breakfast was one of my favorites...love the waffles. Keep doing what you are doing!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2010

This hotel is in a great location, love love love the free parking, free internet, free breakfast, free laundry wow I've never seen free laundry before very cool. Can't you tell I love free stuff!! Fitness facilities way better than I've ever seen before too plus a pool. Breakfast was nice. Big, very clean, room with fridge and microwave. Overall great great place and I would totally stay there again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I will re-state up front that this hotel was a horrible experience- for us. I think other people would be happy with it. Anyway, here's why it was a nightmare for me and my family.

We stayed in a king suite with a view over Lake Union. The room was very clean, spacious, and quiet, That's the good. Now here's the bad.

Internet wi/fi- sketchy during the day.

Sheets. Is there a written or unwritten rule in the hotel industry that states all sheets must be stiff and scratchy? I think there is. This hotel is no exception. My daughter ended up sleeping with the blanket next to her and the sheet on top.

Bed. Is there also a written or unwrotten rule in the hotel industry that states all hotel beds must be stiff as a [---] board? This hotel is no exception.

Hide-a-bed. Typical bar-in-your-back variety.

Refrigerator. The fridge in the room was barely cold at all.

Environment. It is mid March.. The temperature outside dips in to the 40's at night. So will someone please tell me why the hell I have to run the NOISY air conditioning at full tilt to keep the temperature DOWN in the room??

And while we're at it, can someone please explain the mysterious invisible barrier that prevents the cool air from passing from the living area into the bed area? Living area is colder than the refrigerator, while the bed area is roasting. WTH???

Needless to say we literally got no sleep tonight (I'm posting in real time from the room on 3/22/10). We were supposed to stay here for two nights but there's no way I'm going through this uncomfortable nightmare again. My wife is upset, I'm upset, and my daughter is cranky as hell this morning.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ironbar
LakeUnionManager, Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you encountered with our room comfort. I am sorry we weren't able to address your concerns while you were here. Our staff is committed to your comfort and happiness. All guest reviews - positive or negative - provide an excellent training opportunity for us. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.