We were looking for a motel in Seattle that would be in a convenient location for sightseeing, on a public transit line to avoid need to drive downtown, offer free parking, be near a lot of things to do and be affordable. We found the Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union thanks to all the reviews on Trip Advisor.
We stayed three nights and loved it there. There was a good selection of restaurants in walking distance and we found ourselves pleased with the seafood and chowder at Duke's Chowder House. In fact, we did not even have to use our rental car from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. We could walk a short way to the streetcar which whisked us downtown within a short walk of the Pikes Place Market, Pioneer Square, the ferry docks, the monorail and much more. Seattle is a very big and spread out place with a lot to do. The Inn let us get a feel of life in Seattle as an urban dweller. We shall have to return and spend more time and we will use this inn.
The room was comfortable, hot coffee in lobby upon arrival, nice breakfast in an excellent dining area with a view over Lake Union. We could walk along the piers and sidewalks by the lake just across the street from the inn. The Center for Wooden Boats - a wonderful place to see - was a 10 minute walk by the water. All in all we had a great time. The staff was helpful. The check in process was fast. The inn met our needs.
And, when we departed for Port Edmunds we were already North of Seattle so that was easy. There are a lot of walking trails and parks within a same day's driving distance to the North and East.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union