“Cheap and convenient...but super loud”
Review of Marco Polo Motel

Marco Polo Motel
Ranked #83 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Cairo, Egypt
“Cheap and convenient...but super loud”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

This is a difficult one to review because the price and location were both right, but each night we stayed there were parties going on until 3 am and we barely slept. I thought the managers might say something, but nothing. I was a bit surprised they were put next to us since there didn't seem to be many people staying in the hotel. IFFFFF there weren't those parties and I was able to sleep at night, I would give it a much higher rating since the price was great, easy access to downtown, but more importantly easy access to Fremont and RoRo BBQ... ;)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Older motel, probably from 60s, but great place to stay if you're looking for a friendly and convenient place to stay in Seattle. Easy drive to downtown. Within walking distance of Fremont neighborhood. Easy to get to I-5. All in all a great place to stay if you want to be in the city and very good rates.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2010

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay within Seattle city limits, this should be on your list. It is a bridge away from downtown Seattle and the universities so while travel time to all the fun things in Seattle is short, you do need to contend with the city's crazy streets. It's located on WA-99 so easy access to the 5 and 405. Plenty of free parking and coffee till 11 so yay for those things. Again, cheap place in Seattle and this should be on your list.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank lzldmb
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I searched this one on Trip Advisor and gave it a shot. Bad decision. We pulled in late, after 11. Parked, unloaded and went to bed. Room was very old looking but tidy enough. A strange smell which we never did identify punctuated our stay. I got up early, as i usually do, and went out for a walk to find a coffee and just scout around a bit. Wow. Across the street, almost like a bad movie; very run down motel, old white rag top Caddy in the lot with two other old Caddies parked as well. Two very obvious street walkers were out selling what their momma gave them and a guy came out of one of the rooms and yelled, and I quote", Get your a#$ back in here right now B*&^h!". This was 30 seconds into my walk. I was solicited twice in my short, unsuccessful walk to find a coffee, one for sex, the other a soft attempt to try and rob me. I walked back and booked the Space Needle Travellodge for almost the same price at 730 am; when I told them where I was, the lady said," OMG, get out of there, we will find you something immediately". Run, don't walk away from this one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CurtKemp

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We were coming to Seattle for a show in Fremont at the Nectar (the Skatalites .. it was awesome!!!) We needed cheap place to stay but that wasn't going to be horribly scary which most motels on Aurora are. Most places charge by the hour. I had read some good reviews from posters on TA so I took a chance. The man who took our reservation, well, english was not his first language and he INSISTED that we check in first. I understand, it's Aurora Blvd. You want to see the people that are staying at your establishment. When we checked it another man (night manager) was there. He was super nice. The room was by the main office, that made me feel better but ... it is AURORA. The room was decent. The shower was a bit sketchy but after a night of dancing, I didn't really care, I needed a shower. If I see another show at the Nectar, I will definitely stay at the Marco Polo. On a side note, I love the neon sign!! Classic.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AFischer72
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 14 July 2009

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I was surprised to get two rooms for the price.

My TV in the room didn't work, but on my second night they brought in a different one. It was late at night when I discovered that the television didn't work, so that is why they didn't replace it immediately. I wasn't visiting Seattle to watch TV anyway. I wasn't in my room for most of the time I was in town.

It was clean and comfortable, however I thought the towels were too scratchy. They should either get better towels or use fabric softener.

It is walking distance from Archie McPhee's and several bus stops. I walked to the Fremont area in about 15 minutes. The staff recommended a good restaurant for me too.

I would stay here again. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for low cost accommodations.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Methow Valley WA
Reviewed 10 November 2008

We stayed in one of 2 suites first. Was clean, and nice with frig, micro, and couch for $75 plus tax a night. The next time we came they were black topping the parking lot so we stayed at a couple other places in the immediate area. There are some really SCARY, cheaper places on Hwy 99. We were delighted when we could get in the parking lot again!!! This time we got a regular room at a weekly rate of $350 plus tax. It was just as clean, one bed. table w/ chairs, frig, micro, wifi, HBO. The difference from the other "cheap" motels is only a few dollars but they treat you like a guest, not afraid to leave your clothes etc. in room, nothing is missing from rooms such as garbage cans, toilet paper holders, door or window knobs/locks, and the towels are thicker than rags. This is the place we'll come when working in Seattle from now on.

• Liked — Having the benefits of staying in a great motel at a great rate.
  • Disliked — Road noise, but it wasn't as loud as most places.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tradeshowworker