“Suprisingly good”

Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Limerick, Ireland
“Suprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

It doesn’t look like the most glamourous place to stay but for what I needed was actually a great choice. It really gave me everything I needed for a comfortable stay .. good in room facilities like good coffee and coffee maker, hairdryer, iron, strong wifi etc. The room was perfectly clean and really comfortable and while I didn’t have much interaction with the front desk / staff any quick interactions I did have indicated the service was great too. It is a set of suites so there’s no hotel restaurant or bar, however there is one literally next door so it’s not a big deal. The only minor things for improvement was the air con which wasn’t the best, it wasn’t a big deal for me as by the time I was travelling it wasn’t very warm or humid but I guess it may not be as comfortable in the summer. The location isnt bad, it’s about a 10-15 min walk to the main downtown area which isn’t a big deal but if you’re looking for a really central location you will get better placed hotels. Overall though I really enjoyed the stay and the big testament for me is whether I would go back .. and I definitely would.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and extremely kind words. This means so much to us and we really appreciate it. We were very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to see you again very soon on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The location was great, but I was disappointed in this Hampton Inn. I booked the room based on other Hampton Inn stays. The room was large, but a little dirty and not really up to Hampton standards. The breakfast and breakfast room were nice and the staff was helpful. I was a little annoyed with having to pay $16 for parking on top of the room charge. The parking garage is poorly designed and very hard to navigate even in a small vehicle.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We deeply appreciate it. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my team. You are a vaued guest and we appreciate your business. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Seattle, Washington was great! It is located just 2 blocks from the Space Needle and walking distance to the monorail. The room was beautiful, and I especially enjoyed the gas fireplace! The staff was friendly and helpful and always gave us good info on things to see and do and places to eat. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Seattle!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is one of the best restaurant in Seattle, specially the location, next to Space Needle, Key Arena, Fountain, Chihuly Garden and Glass, Seattle Theatre etc etc. I have stayed here 3-4 times in past 3 years during my business meets. Space Needle you can enjoy from the window itself, if your room is at the right side. Daily breakfast is always nice to have.
If you are interested to visit nearby:

Room Tip: Top Floor Rooms facing Seattle Space Needle.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I have been fortunate enough to stay in some very nice hotels. Lately, we have been staying at the Hampton Inn Suites with our boys. I love the Hampton Inns as they are so consistent!! Friendly, CLEAN, comfortable beds, breakfast buffet, evening snacks (some of the Hamptons) and in convenient locations. I will always check for a Hampton Inn now.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 16 September 2013

Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed there in September 2013 for vacation. Since this is a tourist visit and not business (as it is usually for me), I'll evaluate based on location and hotel experience.

Location:

The location was fantastic. The EMP museum (fantastic museum - highly interactive), Chihuly Garden and Glass (overpriced but beautiful), Armory Center (quick lunch), and Seattle Needle are some of the things within a 10 minute walk. This is the best selling point for the hotel. Also close to the monorail (same general area as the EMP museum/Seattle Ctr)

Cost:

The hotel was priced reasonably for the location. Parking was fairly expensive at $15/day so consider it a breakeven if you were driving to the nearby activities. Wifi was included.

Breakfast:

Pretty good. It's a very busy hotel but they had decent offerings. Usually had some kind of dead animal for breakfast as well as the waffles, etc. I stayed at 3 different Hampton Inns across WA state over a week and this one had the most stuff. They even had like.. FIVE WHOLE cereal offerings. Woo. Fancy.

Room:

Furnishings: They're ok but could use some improvement. A single chair, a small desk chair and no mini-fridge were disappointing. Prefer having a loveseat instead - it is a vacation hotel after all. And what's up with no mini-fridge? Ug.

Temperature: Unlike the two other Hamptons we stayed in across WA state, the room would stay the same temperature consistently. Finally.

Bed: Great, like all Hampton Inns. This is the reason I generally will choose to stay at a Hampton Inn.

Sound: Pretty good considering it's a very large and busy hotel. The housekeepers respected your do not disturb and wouldn't bang the hell out of your door because they wanted to finish early.

Bathroom: Nice. They went the extra mile and included the elusive shower cap and shoe polish mitt rarely seen in most chain hotels. The shower was hot, the water pressure was great. No complaints.

WIFI speed - terrible. 1.4 down and .97 up. Use your phone instead. This was the same across all the Hampton Inns. I think they try to annoy you with terrible internet performance so you'll just use your cell phone provider instead.

Room Tip: 6th floor was nice. Baht Thai just a few doors down has some great thai food.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, very kind words and honesty. We really appreciate the detail and breakdown in each aspect of your stay. This is very helpful to us as well as the future travelers. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Woodward, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were going on an Alaskan cruise and arrived in Seattle a couple of days early. There were 12 in our party and everyones' needs were taken care of. The hotel was clean, from lobby to room. The bathroom was spotless. I have never stayed at a hotel where every aspect was so remarkable. We had a newlywed couple with us. The hotel gave them a beautiful suite in place of their king room at no extra charge. The breakfast was very good and the coffee was great. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else while in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends