“Great service, great location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great service, great location”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel was well situated very close to the Space Needle. It has a full kitchen with all the amenities. There's an awesome grocery store less than a block away. The service from every single staff member we came upon was friendly and helpful. Definitely will stay with them again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and extremely kind words. This means so much to us and we really appreciate it. We were very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to see you again very soon on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was our first visit to Seattle and to the Hampton. The staff were customer service oriented, courteous and friendly. They assisted n bookings for the tours and ground transport. Having laundry facilities were definitely an asset. Great maiden voyage and will surely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 5 October 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable and room was always made up quickly. Complementary breakfast always well stocked and fresh. The hotel was centrally located and a short taxi ride from everywhere I wanted to go.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Israel
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel is conveniently close to Seattle downtown and water front. Within walking distance of the needle.
Staff was very friendly, recommending restaurants - there are plenty within walking distance.
Parking is $15/day and usually not a problem unless you arrive late at night and all spots are taken.
The room is very spacious and nicely decorated. Free Wi-Fi OK, not great. Gym is relatively good for a small hotel.
Breakfast is not great but I am not much of a breakfast person so was happy with the coffee and selection of cereal.
I would definitely stay again when in Seattle.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank natori
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 30 September 2013

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We just spent five nights here and loved it. We were there for the Komen 3-day walk for the fight against breast cancer and this hotel could not have been more perfect for our needs. Just a block or two to City Center (the space needle ) there are good places to eat and have happy hour. Try the NEW York Pizza across the street from the hotel. It is great. The room was large enough and very clean. We enjoyed the breakfast and the late afternoon cookies. We would go back. This was a great value. The staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor to avoid any traffic noise....I didn't have any noise up on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tom V

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We only stayed one night (two rooms) (travelling with family) as we were set to depart the next day to Alaska. However, I always review the hotels I stay at as I am an loyal Hilton hotel user. This hotel was the closest Hilton hotel to the pier I found.

Small corner hotel, grounds looked clean and nice.

Check in;

Note: I normally always write down the names of the staff I interact with, but I did not this time. So If my names are wrong, that is my fault.

I believe Gary checked us in. He seems a little unsure of himself, not sure if he is new. I provided my cc and id at check in and advised Gary that we are checking out early, and that we do not need the incidentals turned on, to please shut them off and I do not wish to have a hold on my cc for the incidentals. I was advised that he couldn't do that. It said he "thought" it was hotel policy. I advised that he could turn them off, I am familiar with the Onq system Hilton uses. He said he didn't know and that there has been "damage" to rooms.

An associate should not use that type of verbiage with a guest to suggest that I would "damage" a room is offensive. Simply put a better use of words would be, Let me speak to my manager and I will follow up with you to see if we can do this for you. Not that the $50 incidentals hold is a big deal to me as I had two rooms and was travelling, I just know we NEVER use them, and there is a reason that is in the system. When you have a valid cc on file, you can charge later if there is damage. However he was nice

Second, I should of been greeted by acknowledging my Hhonor status. it was not even confirmed, nor my rate, nor my room type. I don't think the Hampton offers anything to Silver members that I know of, however it would of been nice to be acknowledge on my Hhonors.

Third, No review of amenities on the property at all.

Fourth, (see photo) The rooms were nice, I liked the décor. However the post it note on my headboard I was not sure how to take. The NOTE said, that my duvet covers and sheets were clean for my arrival. ???? I kinda of like it but didn't. Hilton standards I assume wouldn't allow for a handwritten post it note, and most travelers would assume that their room is clean already and that could create a sense of uneasiness as it did with me. I thoroughly checked my bed. Did it mean the rest of my room was not cleaned? or do they not lander their sheets and covers daily?

Fifth, Dust, the room was not thoroughly dusted. See photos.

Sixth, This was the most disturbing to me, but the average traveler probably would not of see this and the average housekeeper probably would not of either. Hard to capture in a cell phone camera, however it is probably still there so go look.

I sat down in the chair next to the window and some light was shining in behind the curtains. The walls are Orange and wallpaper. I could clearly see spots on the wall near the switch that appeared to be semen! If I had a blacklight I would of used it. I tried to take a photo of it but it is hard to see. The one thing that hotels don't do enough of is use blacklights and clean walls. I have never seen a hotel clean their walls, ever. so beware.

Seventh; I found the front desk associate, a young pretty African American lady very friendly, helpful, vibrant and seemed to really enjoy her job. I believe her name started with an "A" Anisa? maybe. I apologize if I did not get that right, as she is due credit for her service.

Eighth, The breakfast. Its been awhile since I have stayed in a Hampton, I believe the last time was in North Carolina, however the breakfast was just "okay". No meat at all. I was disappointed in that as I clearly remember at least bacon or sausage being served. The rest was normal free breakfast stuff.

Ninth, We booked a shuttle to the pier for the next morning. $5 a person. The driver arrived early, which is good. Not so good on his English which for other travelers would probably be a little confusing. He was nice, helpful but did seem to have a little bit of problem with loading the luggage so my husband helped him.

Tenth; Take note there is a TOURISM TAX on your bill. My was just $2.00, and I really didn't care, but some people may.

Eleventh; The bathrooms were nice, hot, and I like the in room amenities. There is a coffee maker underneath the sink, but I didn't care for the coffee. I do not like those little creamer/sugar packets wrapped in plastic. I would rather have half and half liquid packets.

The showers were nice and the tracks in the sliding glass door were clean! I like the tracks since there are just spacers in there and it allows you to clean them easy it appears and not have gunk build up. Good job there!

Overall it was an "okay" stay for one night for two rooms. Its close to the Space Needle and a grocery store one block down. there is a couple restaurants a block up, however I do not recommend them. The one on the corner, literally has 5 things on their menu ( The crow I think it was called) and the Hampton only provides a limited list of restaurants, I assume because they word on referrals as most hotels do, so your best bet is to pick up a city paper or use an app to find what you are looking for. Overall my interactions with the staff were good, pleasant and helpful.

#82715224 Room 420 was what we were in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Zowie717
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest very detailed feedback. Negative or positive, we are always appreciative. You shared some very interesting opinions, that I will take the time to share with my team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

racine, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This Hampton had a great locatiion close to the Space Needle and Chihuly Gardens. It was very walkable to restaurants and things to see and do. Because there were 5 os us we needed something to accommodate all. We had a 2 bd/2bth suite with a pull out in the living space. And even though we only stayed the one night we thought the htl was great---especially Ed at the front desk! Thanks for making our 1st night in Seattle sleepful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends