“Great place to stay before a cruise”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Launceston
“Great place to stay before a cruise”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here the 2 nights before our AlaskanCruise. It was great. Loved the breakfast, the cookies, the service and how friendly the staff were.

Our room was comfy and clean. The front desk ordered us a taxi and even checked where it was when it was late and we were waiting.

Lovely place that we would happily return to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and extremely kind words. This means so much to us and we really appreciate it. We were very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to see you again very soon on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Made this hotel my home base while in Seattle to help a family member move into an apartment in the U-District. I found the location very convenient, the staff very friendly, the free breakfast plentiful, and my room spacious if a bit musty-smelling. It didn't bother me; I was only there to sleep. Many of the other guests were there prior to a cruise and were very self-absorbed in the breakfast room...dawdling at the coffee counter and obstructing others, but that's no reflection on the hotel, just an observation. I had rented a medium-sized SUV and definitely agree with the other reviewers who criticized the parking garage. The spaces marked for SUVs are only big enough for a normal car and the spaces marked for compact cars are really only big enough for a Smart car or Mini Cooper. Forget the garage and park outside if you are back early enough to find a spot there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 20 October 2013

Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Other than its proximity to Seattle Center, this property in downtown Seattle is an average stay at best. The entrance to the hotel sneaks up on you and there's very few places to park until you get checked in and are allowed into their underground, gated garage. The lobby is extremely small. In fact, I wasn't even sure it was the main lobby when I first got there. After checking in and making my way to my room, I was met with a very strong smell of Febreze in the hallways and the room itself. That's never a good sign, because it usually means they're trying to cover up some other smells. At one point during the stay, I needed a sewing kit. I asked the front desk, who checked and said they were out but they would bring one to my room. That never happened. The one good thing I can say is that, while there was no bacon or sausage at breakfast (only eggs, biscuits and gravy, and all the typical cold fare), the cook was happy to cook me some sausage patties which were great. There are no views from the rooms of this hotel either. It's too short to be able to see anything of Seattle and the windows are small. I'd look someplace else when staying in Seattle. There are literally hundreds of other options.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback and opinions. We deeply appreciate your time, as it is whether negative or positive we grow from what is shared. Mr. Ebel, you are a valued guest, we appreciate your business. Your comfort is our highest priority and we completely understand if you choose another Hilton brand property to stay during your visits to the Seattle area. We wish you pleasant and peaceful future travels.

James Oneal
Montreal
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Was in Seattle for a few days over last weekend, both on business and for personal reasons. The location of this hotel was perfect for my meetings at the Convention Center, and it was a pleasure to stay there. The staff was helpful and friendly, all areas of the hotel are clean, my room was spacious and pleasant, there is a work-out room on the main floor, and the breakfast buffet (included in the price) was good and plentiful, open from 6:00 to 10:00 AM, with coffee available all day. Wi-fi in the room is free for Hhonor members and, in addition, there are two computers, printers , etc. in the lobby for the use of guests. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 19 October 2013

Union City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed for 3 weeks while in Seattle for work. The staff was very friendly. One time I walked past a meeting of maids and each one greeted me in turn. It was like a receiving line. Room was always clean, and I always had way more towels than I needed. The suites are fantastic and a great value. I really liked the little touches like the gas fireplace. Bed was very comfortable and the walk in closet was fantastic. The gym facility is very good with 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and 2 stationary bikes, some floor space, and a weight station and machine. They also have tons of channels in the gym so I enjoyed watching out of town hockey there. They provide a shuttle to various offices and the driver was super friendly and made it very convenient. The free breakfasts were also very nice with a roating selection of hot items, a waffle bar, plenty of cereals, baked goods, and fruit, and pretty decent coffee. They also have to go bags for breakfast with an apple, muffin, and cereal bar which were very nice for the mornings when I was running late. A great experience and it made my long stay in Seattle better each day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Washington
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Hampton Inn was in a good location for visitors to downtown Seattle. It was within walking distance of the Space Needle and Seattle Center where you could catch the monorail to Westlake Center and all of the things to see in the center of the city. When I checked in I found that I had been upgraded to a king suite which was great! The room was very large and included a full kitchen, living and dining area and a separate bedroom. The bathroom could be reached from both sides and was very large. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. Since I only stayed for one night I didn't utilize the kitchen much but it looked very well equipped. There was a nice balcony area with a couple of chairs. The staff were all very pleasant. There are plenty of restaurants in the area within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: For quiet room ask for one facing the inner area away from the streets.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013

Provo, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Everyone was more than helpful and kind with our three little children, VERY impressed with hotel and would look to stay at a Hampton hotel again if the opportunity arose. Great and comfortable room, nice variety of breakfast options over several days.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton