“Consistently excellent hotel -- rooms, services and staff!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #20 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
“Consistently excellent hotel -- rooms, services and staff!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This Hampton combines warm welcomes with high standards The beds are clean and very omfortable, the lobby inviting, and the breakfasts satisfying. They offer a variety of juices, eggs, cold cereal and cooked hot oatmeal with not only brown sugar, but dried fruit and nuts, too. We enjoy the smell of the bacon or sausage but partake of the fresh fruit and yogurt. You can walk to the Pike Place Market or take a bus from across the street. Ethnic and other restaurants are close by along with grocery stores, cultural and sports events at Seattle Center. We walk there to the opera and plays, and feel secure returning at night to the hotel. Morning papers, evening cookies, a great location and all day hospitality make this hotel the perfect place for our Seattle visits.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

4 Thank 358lucillel
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My mother and I stayed here for a brief 2 day sightseeing trip to Seattle. The front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful, and we had something different each day. I am a student and I asked to interview one of the managers to get some information for my paper on waste management for hotels, and the lady I spoke with was more than willing to share the excellent environmental practices of this property. I am sorry that I forget her name... but if her boss is reading this, she needs a high five :) Two thumbs up !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rw10uw

Cottonwood Heights, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great hotel not quite in the heart of downtown Seattle but close enough to walk to the space needle and hop on the train to get there!!! I overall enjoyed my trip while I was there great coffee shop called the Citizen right across the street

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Joshua D
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 20 February 2014

Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased. The staff was very friendly and the room was spotless. The exercise room was spacious and had a nice variety of equipment. It's in a good location with easy access to EMP, Space Needle, Duck tour, etc.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edmonton_mom

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Here for a two night stay to meet friends over the long weekend. I have no complaints about this hotel, right from the warm welcome at check-in, to the well-equipped fitness room and the well-stocked breakfast.

The room was comfortable and clean, reverse cycle air-con unit by the window, cable TV available. They even took account of my room request made prior to check-in.

Hot drinks were made available 24/7 in the lobby area, so you didn't have to head straight back to your room to warm up.

It's a little outside the downtown area (it's more Belltown/Queen Anne) two blocks from the Space Needle (which is also recommended), about 20-25 minutes walk or 10 minutes drive to Pike Place. Decent connections to public transit too and not far from the I-5.

Eating out in the area was possible (a few nice bars/restaurants around 5th & Cedar); pizza, Thai cuisine, standard bar food and also fast food outlets close by.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are generally much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JJ-DJay

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was a great "home base" for a quick weekend getaway in Seattle. It's not in the heart of downtown, but it was less than a 10 minute drive from the waterfront and downtown attractions. And it was only a few blocks walk to the Space Needle and Ride the Ducks tour. Plus, not worrying about buying breakfast everyday saves a lot of money! It was super clean and comfortable. $15 a day for parking, but that's not abnormal since it's in the city. No pool, but it had a fitness center. It also felt like a safe location.

The only downside was some obnoxious guests in the middle of the night, but that's just the luck of the draw.

1 Thank 5CC5

Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We did a quick weekend-train trip to Seattle and chose this hotel in large part because of how close it is located to the Space Needle and EMP museum. I was very happy to find that the hotel itself was just as great as its central downtown location!

Front desk staff were cheerful and helpful. Room was clean and modern. Had a large shower only and no tub which was a bit of a let-down for my wife. But other than that the rooms were good and the beds were comfortable.

Breakfast great - but crowded....Excellent coffee!

I would certainly stay here again.

1 Thank I_Roam_AB
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 18 February 2014