“A True Home Away From Home”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A True Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I booked a suite for the AWP Conference two weeks ago. The room was clean, comfortable, and much bigger than I thought it was going to be. I actually felt like I was in my own home. But that's not the best part of my stay at this hotel—the best part is the staff. Everyone was incredibly pleasant. The people at the front desk were incredibly helpful with directions, calling cabs, and recommending some of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The Housekeeping staff all greet you with a good morning, and the breakfast staff are efficient and very clean. Mrs. Choy was always willing to help with food and was always ready to clean a table and offer mints. Everyone at this property made my stay in Seattle a fun experience I will never forget. THANKS!
Also, the location is perfect for those wanting to stay close to the Space Needle, and across the street form the hotel is a food store open 24 hours for complete convenience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Phillytravelwriter
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

First off, I am a germophobe and dirty bathrooms give me the willies. I am so happy to say that our room was exceptionally CLEAN! I was so grateful to the housekeeping staff for taking pride in their work and for providing me with a room I could enjoy.

We had a king suite with a sofabed and television in the living room. The kitchen was also spotless and the suite was very spacious. Our room 354, faced a gas station with a convenience store attached, so not much of a view.

The breakfast was very good and the ambiance in the dining area was great.

The front staff was EXCEPTIONAL. From the person who checked us in well after midnight, to the person who said goodbye at 4:30am a few days later, everyone was very pleasant, polite, and professional.

My one complaint is the air conditioning. Why ruin such a beautiful room and wonderful experience with such an out-dated contraption that sits on the floor and sounds like a fighter jet? It was so loud that it was impossible to sleep through. The vents blew directly into the bottom of the dresser, which didn't help cool the room. What's worse, there is NO air conditioner at all in the living room, so we suffocated in the warm, stagnant air. We called the front desk and were told to open our balcony doors to air the room out, which we did. However, with the balconies so close together we were not comfortable sleeping with the doors open all night, so once we closed them it was back to sauna time. We were up and down all night opening the door for air, closing it to get a couple hours of sleep, then getting up to open it again. Ridiculous!

I know it would be an expense to fix this problem, but I really think management should bring the hotel up to date in this manner. Again, why ruin such a beautiful experience by having outdated cooling and heating systems?

All in all, I still give the service and the cleanliness five stars because none of the fine people who took care of us control the construction of the cooling systems.

Great stay. Thanks for lending us the umbrellas. It was such a special touch!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor.
1 Thank 1WorldTraveler49
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us. Please rest assure that I will follow up on the items that you pointed out. Overall, we were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and deeply appreciate the specifics that you mentioned that added to your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Othello, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This was a great hotel in a great location! Nice little restaurants and pubs nearby and close to the Space Needle activities! Easy Taxi access too! Loved this spot! We were in town for a wedding and this was a great central location. Great lobby to hang out with all the people we were there with! Super friendly and helpful staff. Awesome cookies in the lobby every night! What a nice touch. Really nice breakfasts and complimentary! We highly recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Debbie P

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

the rooms were comfortable and clean and our one bedroom suite was very roomy. The staff was so helpful and courteous. My favorite was Bruce as he was very professional and helpful when our room had a slight hot water issue. Bruce was able to resolve the issue and made our stay very comfortable. The breakfast was fresh and varied every morning and the coffee was great! I have already recommended this hotel to my friends who are traveling to Seattle in the summer and we will definitely be staying here again!!

Room Tip: stay in a one bedroom suite, it has a full kitchen and is very comfortable for families..

Memphis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spent an entire week at this Hampton so was able to use the fitness center, business center, free breakfasts, and WIFI. All were terrific! The fitness center has weights, treadmill, and eliptical. The two-bedroom suite had a fireplace, so we enjoyed push-button fires each evening. The staff was very friendly and the hotel itself was in very good condition (perhaps remodeled within the last year or two?). The location was ideal as there were restaurants and a QFC grocery across the street, or within walking distance. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Hampton Inn!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Randy W
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 12 March 2014

Farmington, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here two night for a business/leisure trip. The hotel is quite large, and I was upgraded to a king suite using my Hilton Honors points. I had a nice two-room suite with a huge walk-in shower. The bedroom was gigantic, and the bed very comfortable. My only complaint were: 1) the suite faced busy Fifth Avenue N, so at times, the traffic noise was annoying, and 2) the heater unit in my room kept coming on during the night and sounded like a freight train (I'm not exaggerating) was coming through my room. I finally just turned it off - which meant I had a very cold room in the morning, but the bed was warm! The breakfast was great - one of the reasons I love Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Stay on the interior, away from Fifth Avenue N!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen I
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us. Please rest assure that I will follow up on the items that you pointed out. Overall, we were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Clean comfortable rooms with great beds and nice, clean bathrooms. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful.

Within walking distance of a number of great sights - The Space Needle is just a few blocks away, as are the EMP Museum, the Chihully Gardens, and the Seattle Underground Tour. Lots to do within walking distance. Take a quick cab ride to the Pike Market and visit the original Starbucks.

Breakfast was very nice and area kept clean.

When leaving for a cruise, simply ask the desk to sign you up for the shuttle to the port. This worked out really well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C K
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 9 March 2014