“Overall pretty awesome”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here with my 3 teens for 3 nights.

PRO:
The front desk staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.

The hotel is not downtown, but I knew that from looking at a map prior to booking. There was however a very convenient monorail just a couple block away that took as right to the downtown area. The hotel is right next to Seattle Center and we found a lot to do there. There are hundreds of restaurants within walking distance, and all of the staff suggestions were just as good as they promised.

CON:
We had to do some laundry and the dryer on the 4th floor was so awful we had to pay for 3 drying cycles and the clothes were still damp.

We had a 2 bedroom suite for the 4 of us. The sitting area did not have anywhere we could comfortably hangout together, it was built for 2 people.

Breakfast was awful, only looked in there 1 day but did not see anything edible.

Parking still gives me nightmares.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sillymeow
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This Hampton Inn has a perfect location, as I have reviewed this hotel before. Now it is even better, judging by the recently renovated 6th floor room we stayed in this week. The bathroom had a large shower, no tub, and plenty of vanity space. Clean and comfortable room. Great restaurants within walking distance, and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rick L
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This Hampton Inn is one of the bet I have stayed. It is in a great location just a couple blocks from the Space Needle and the transit. Staff is EXELLENT and lots of places within walking distance to eat or grab a cup of coffee. The lobby and breakfast area are quite large and comfortable making this a nice area to just relax outside of your room. I will definitely be back for work or pleasure.

1  Thank Linda C

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This location has completed a major renovation 2 years ago, and the rooms are great. This is an excellent location for access to Seattle Center and the Space Needle, and therefore easy access by monorail to the downtown area. Within a short walking distance of a number of restaurants and a QFC grocery store (Krogers). Excellent helpful staff. I have stayed at this location on all of my trips into the Seattle area.

2  Thank rrpd
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I would stay here again, Staff was great. Close to downtown. Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was good and they gave me great ideas for eating out each evening. Parking was secure. Overall no issues, speedy check in and check out. D. Spencer

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I found this hotel for the Pac 12 conference Women's BB tournament, last year, I had a great experience so I returned again this year. It was better than last, not sure how they did it, but it was a wonderful stay. It is close to the Key Arena, and super convenient. I love that we are not nickeled and dimed. You have fresh fruit, water and coffee/tea all day. The hotel is immaculate. You have free internet service, rooms are comfortable, my room was 5th floor and quiet. Breakfast is full of variety and quality is good. I love the waffles fresh and fruit, but there is plenty to choose from--eggs, yogurt, pastries, etc. Very nice. If you are in a hurry they pack little snack bags, and also have cookies in the afternoon. I felt spoiled. I asked for water and they offer free bottled water. I was greeted and treated nicely, warmly and with attention and respect. The staff is very hard working and customer care driven. I will return, they are awesome! This is rare in this business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I booked a suite for the AWP Conference two weeks ago. The room was clean, comfortable, and much bigger than I thought it was going to be. I actually felt like I was in my own home. But that's not the best part of my stay at this hotel—the best part is the staff. Everyone was incredibly pleasant. The people at the front desk were incredibly helpful with directions, calling cabs, and recommending some of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The Housekeeping staff all greet you with a good morning, and the breakfast staff are efficient and very clean. Mrs. Choy was always willing to help with food and was always ready to clean a table and offer mints. Everyone at this property made my stay in Seattle a fun experience I will never forget. THANKS!
Also, the location is perfect for those wanting to stay close to the Space Needle, and across the street form the hotel is a food store open 24 hours for complete convenience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business