“You Could Not Ask for a Staff that Gives More!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Maui, Hawaii
“You Could Not Ask for a Staff that Gives More!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Our experience at this hotel was, in a word, impressive. The staff, from the first contact to the last, absolutely went to every effort to make us feel welcomed, valued, and appreciated. James, who is the manager, is an amazing man. His staff speaks so highly of him--and I can see why. He goes to every effort to really extend himself, in a very professional, yet personal manner. Other people that I want to mention were Bruce (another manager) and Jason. But, they all were quite exceptional. The breakfast room staff was always super attentive and made our mornings start off really wonderfully. We will come back again if we are ever in Seattle. We will also recommend it to others without hesitation.

1 Thank drdzem
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My mother & I just spent 3 nights while visiting my sister, who lives downtown. Parking & the elevators were a bit confusing, but our room was great. Breakfast was pretty crowded, but we were able to find a place to sit all 3 mornings. The staff was helpful in answering local questions. The location was easy to navigate to and from. Parking spaces are crazily tight. There was little outside noise, and sleeping was comfortable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RevGetch

Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The facility is centrally located and the rooms are well appointed. The staff are super helpful. The elevators are a little far away from some places and the halls seem wind around. I would Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: SHOP. The room rate for the room we had was a lot more than we paid.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doug P

East Bay, CA
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here with my 3 teens for 3 nights.

PRO:
The front desk staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.

The hotel is not downtown, but I knew that from looking at a map prior to booking. There was however a very convenient monorail just a couple block away that took as right to the downtown area. The hotel is right next to Seattle Center and we found a lot to do there. There are hundreds of restaurants within walking distance, and all of the staff suggestions were just as good as they promised.

CON:
We had to do some laundry and the dryer on the 4th floor was so awful we had to pay for 3 drying cycles and the clothes were still damp.

We had a 2 bedroom suite for the 4 of us. The sitting area did not have anywhere we could comfortably hangout together, it was built for 2 people.

Breakfast was awful, only looked in there 1 day but did not see anything edible.

Parking still gives me nightmares.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sillymeow
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2014

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This Hampton Inn has a perfect location, as I have reviewed this hotel before. Now it is even better, judging by the recently renovated 6th floor room we stayed in this week. The bathroom had a large shower, no tub, and plenty of vanity space. Clean and comfortable room. Great restaurants within walking distance, and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rick L
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 24 March 2014

Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This Hampton Inn is one of the bet I have stayed. It is in a great location just a couple blocks from the Space Needle and the transit. Staff is EXELLENT and lots of places within walking distance to eat or grab a cup of coffee. The lobby and breakfast area are quite large and comfortable making this a nice area to just relax outside of your room. I will definitely be back for work or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Linda C

Rochester, NY
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This location has completed a major renovation 2 years ago, and the rooms are great. This is an excellent location for access to Seattle Center and the Space Needle, and therefore easy access by monorail to the downtown area. Within a short walking distance of a number of restaurants and a QFC grocery store (Krogers). Excellent helpful staff. I have stayed at this location on all of my trips into the Seattle area.

2 Thank rrpd
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2014