“I love staying at Hamptons - apparently so does everyone else!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #24 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Love staying at the Hampton brand - I love starting my day with breakfast, and I am always happy that the WiFi is included. Breakfast was delicious, and the food was always hot and fresh (never had to ask the kitchen staff to refill anything) which was extra impressive because the breakfast area was SO crowded every day. Bedding was clean, and the comforter is fluffy and warm (so many hotel bedspreads are flat) so we were very comfortable. Great value for the Seattle area, and super-close (<5 min) to the EMP Museum, Space Needle, Chihuly Gardens, Science Center, etc. Walked past the Space Needle every day when we were out sightseeing. About a 20-25 minute walk to Pike Place Market and major shopping center, if that's what you are coming for. Would recommend to budget-conscious travelers looking to stay in the downtown area near Seattle attractions. Not a romantic hotel - a great value like the Hampton Inn is very attractive to families, and so the lobby was packed every day with people and kids, especially during breakfast. Didn't hear any noise in our room, though. No street noise, and no hallway/neighbor noise, so we had no trouble sleeping!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Write a ReviewReviews (2,071)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was nice and had a good amount of food options available. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Seattle!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Awesome spot close to the seattle centre - the site of the 1962 world fair and where the space needle is, great landmark to get your bearings back to the hotel if on foot. The emp and glass museum is located here too. Downtown is easy to get to via monorail from here as well ($2.25 each way from memory). Getting from the airport to downtown is easy on the train and was also about $2.50 each way. Staff we're very helpful, free water and snacks were great. Breakfast was awesome and hot options changed daily. Recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our family always chooses the Hampton Inn and Suites when we stay in Seattle. It is within easy walking distance of Seattle Center and public transportation if we need to get downtown. We always get a suite, which gives us a full sized kitchen. If one is inclined to cook, there is a big grocery store across the street. We are never very hungry, though, because the complementary breakfast is extensive. They even have bagged breakfasts for those on the go. Comfort, location, and value. You can't beat it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This Hampton is in perfectly situated next to the Space Needle and downtown Seattle area. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance and a QFC grocery is across the street. The hotel is neat and clean and as usual the beds are very comfortable. Parking is easy and reasonably priced at $15

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Everything was quite nice. The construction made access miserable, but we cannot blame the hotel for that. The complimentary breakfast is much nicer then I expected. The staff was very helpful on several occasions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a great hotel in every way! It's in a great location-only 2 blocks from the Space Needle and Seattle Center which hosts the Dale Chihuly museum, science museum, EMP museum and tons of other attractions within walkable distance. I was in Seattle for a conference for 4 days and choose not to stay at the Westin downtown where the conference was held, but walk there and back every morning. I'm happy to report that the walk only took 15min one way. For those who are not keen on walking, the area around the Hampton Inn has lots of public transportation that runs frequently. Also there is a 24 hour grocery store right next to the hotel which comes in handy. The hotel itself is a top notch Hampton Inn; GREAT and helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms and bed, ample and varied breakfast and the cookies...yum the cookies! :) I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It's a 5 star place. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business