“Nice hotel, good location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
California
“Nice hotel, good location”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We took our son to visit UW-Seattle and chose this hotel. We were happy with our choice. Our room was nice and quiet; it was close to all the places we wanted to go; the free breakfast was good; the free wi-fi was good. The staff were very helpful; we arrived in the morning, they stowed our bags and let us check in as soon as a room was ready. My only small complaint was that the spaces in their parking garage are quite tight; it required great precision to fit our rented Toyota Corolla between the post and another car.

Room Tip: Top floor was nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OldGuyfromBay
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
LO, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed at the Hampton while on a recent business trip. Hospitable and excellent service! I accidentally left behind my Sonicare toothbrush and they found it and then sent it to my home via FedEx! Thanks so much Bruce M! You and the whole staff are excellent. We will be back.

2 Thank Pontalban

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We arrived early - not a problem! We were presented with two bottles of water, and a room was made available to us so that we could get settled. We have stayed here four times now for overnighters or weekend getaways, and love the rooms and location. The beds are SO comfortable that you almost want to stay in bed all day! The staff is always friendly and available for any questions or concerns you may have. Free WIFI, cookies at the front desk in the evening, and breakfast in the morning, and all the major tourist attractions within walking distance. Public transit is available, and taxi's are always driving by, so there is no problem seeing as much as possible during your visit.

Room Tip: We have found that noise is an issue if you are located in a room along the main hallway from the lo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cariman

Anchorage, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We requested a early check-in, 1:00pm, we got there at 10:00 am and our room was ready! You don't find that in too many hotels. It made for a relaxing day All the staff was courteous and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great, especially the waffles!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Maureen V

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Location was fine, I like to walk and it is nearby to the space needle and other exhibits. Safe area, $15 to park but that was reasonable for the Seattle area. Nice rooms, pleasant staff. Breakfast in the morning was a typical Hampton Inn breakfast of toast, fruit, waffles and eggs. Great way to start the day.

1 Thank atlagunabeach

CT, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had no problems at all during my stay. The rooms were large and fairly nicely furnished. There is free WiFi which is great as it is becoming rarer and rarer these days. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the Space Needle (if you go to the Space Needle definitely check out the Chihuly Garden and Glass-it was great).

Kapolei, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Awesome staff! Room was also excellent.

Pros:
-Free Breakfast
-Free Wifi
-Free Cookies in the evening.
-Very helpful staff
-Close to public transportation (used the bus system to go to Pikes Market Place)
-Decent restaurants nearby (New York Pizza across the street was a good quick bite to eat with some beer)
-They will also hold your bags for. We utilized this since were going up to Vancouver on the Amtrak for a couple of days then coming back to Seattle. They were nice enough to hold our larger luggage so that we only had a small day bag for the short trip. Awesome!

Cons:
-A little far from the major spots like Pikes Place but accessible by bus ($2.25-$2.50 one way). Close to space needle though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HMoney08
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014