“Quality Staff”

Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Anchorage, United States
“Quality Staff”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We requested a early check-in, 1:00pm, we got there at 10:00 am and our room was ready! You don't find that in too many hotels. It made for a relaxing day All the staff was courteous and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great, especially the waffles!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Maureen V
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Location was fine, I like to walk and it is nearby to the space needle and other exhibits. Safe area, $15 to park but that was reasonable for the Seattle area. Nice rooms, pleasant staff. Breakfast in the morning was a typical Hampton Inn breakfast of toast, fruit, waffles and eggs. Great way to start the day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank atlagunabeach

CT, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had no problems at all during my stay. The rooms were large and fairly nicely furnished. There is free WiFi which is great as it is becoming rarer and rarer these days. The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the Space Needle (if you go to the Space Needle definitely check out the Chihuly Garden and Glass-it was great).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Kapolei, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Awesome staff! Room was also excellent.

Pros:
-Free Breakfast
-Free Wifi
-Free Cookies in the evening.
-Very helpful staff
-Close to public transportation (used the bus system to go to Pikes Market Place)
-Decent restaurants nearby (New York Pizza across the street was a good quick bite to eat with some beer)
-They will also hold your bags for. We utilized this since were going up to Vancouver on the Amtrak for a couple of days then coming back to Seattle. They were nice enough to hold our larger luggage so that we only had a small day bag for the short trip. Awesome!

Cons:
-A little far from the major spots like Pikes Place but accessible by bus ($2.25-$2.50 one way). Close to space needle though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HMoney08
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel it was close to the Seattle Centre, and I was able to walk to the Centre nd use the Monorail to get to downtown. It was close to a supermarket so i could get beer and wine as well as snack for th evening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Stephen M
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The bed was big and comfortable - just right for me with a firm mattress. The toilet (washroom) and shower were great. Very helpful and friendly staff. Warm cookies on reception at around 5.30 pm - very nice! Location was just right for us - walking distance to the Space Needle, EMP Museum, etc and not much further to the waterfront.

The breakfast offers a wide choice, but generally not very good though I liked the muffins and the coffee (which along with other hot drinks is available round the clock).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We were very happy to hear that we met your needs in many ways and that overall you had a great experience. My interest would be in your comment in regards to breakfast. We pride ourselves in the many choices and the variety that we offer. As compared to other Hampton Inn & Suites as well as other hotels in our fair comparison, we far exceed in our offerings. I would be interetsted in hearing suggestions and or recommendations on options that you feel we should offer. I eagerly await your response.

Hospitably Yours

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here a few times now and both times the service and stay including breakfast has been outstanding. The have renovated some of the rooms and the showers are very roomy. The only downside is the mattress need to be replaced. Our last visit we found a very springy not at all even moderately firm mattress and having asked management several times for it to be replaced, it wasnt. Staying 3 nights it nerely killed our backs and front desk was responsive with a nice gift basket towards the end of our stay but no real attempt at comping our room or expressing there was a problem with our mattress. I would think a huge hotel and chain has mattesses available to be replaced at a moments noice or at least exchange for something better than a trampoline. I would stay at Hampton again downtown Seattle but mattresses need to be replaced and or a firmer mattress should be available upon request for people who suff with a bad back who need a bit more support.

Room Tip: find a good mattress and dont settle for less!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We truly appreciate this. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay but had a challenge with our mattress's. I have shared your feedback with my team. I your case we did have alternatives. Not another type of mattress, but what we have done with other guest who suffer from back issues, is utilize a firm bed board to go beneath the mattress. This has helped everyone in the past and I am convinced it would have improved your experience. This is something that we will keep in mind for your future visits. You are a valued guest and we hope to see you soon.