“Best Customer Service EVER”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed only one night, but everybody from the front desk to maintenance to the employees in the breakfast area to the management went over and beyond to help me. I was travelling alone and everybody helped with my luggage, etc. Every time I passed someone in the hall, someone said hi or asked if I needed anything. I didn't explore the area because I was leaving the next day, but it seemed like a pretty good spot to get to the Space Needle and other attractions near that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 518nickiv
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Thus means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. We were very excited to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn. It's in a great location; very walkable and safe environment. Plenty of attractions near by. Cruise terminals are just a couple of miles away and the front desk can arrange transportation. Nice buffet breakfast. The staff was outstanding. You will not be disappointed !!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank William V

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My second stay at this Hampton. All that you'd expect, and friendly staff with the usual Hampton amenities. Great location near the space needle and easily within walking distance to Pike Place for the able bodied. A 24-hour Kroger (Branded as QFC) is less than a block away and is a nice mix of Whole Foods and a traditional grocery store. (Also a Starbucks on site).

This trip I thought the rooms were a bit pricey at $229 per night but that's simply a reflection of supply and demand at this time. I would expect that seating for breakfast is in short supply when this hotel is sold out, given the "please vacate your table when you're done eating" signs, but I had no problem.

And, keep in mind that the third floor is really the first....you'll have to experience it to get it.

All in all, everything you'd expect from a in-town Hampton Inn and a great base from which to launch Seattle activities.

Room Tip: A higher floor (top floor) would have been nice as I think they booked a 300 pound drum major who in...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HoosierTravelers08
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This means a great deal to us as we continue to develop and look for ways to improve. I would like to gain some additional feedback if possible. For your stay, we were veiwed as average and or typical Hampton. This is a big area of focus for us, so your timing is perfect. If possible, could you share some items that would have made us above average or not your typical Hampton. Is there anything that would have WOW'd you and stood out. This is where we want to sit in the eyes of our guest and would love some additional feedback if possible. It would be deeply appreciated. Please feel free to respond directly to my email at james.oneal@hilton.com. I eagerly await your response.

James O''Neal

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel both pre and post Alaskan cruise, two nights before and one night after. On arrival I found the staff to be very helpful in arranging transportation to the pier. The cost was very reasonable at $7 per person. The hotel is located in the middle of the cultural district, within walking distance of the Space Needle and the many museums and attractions nearby. We also discovered several very good restaurants close by. The hotel provides a very handy list of eateries with a helpful map. You will find fare for every taste and budget. A very adequate breakfast is provided each day with coffee and tea 24 hours. When we returned after our cruise, the staff ordered a car to take us to the airport at 4am in the morning. I definitely would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank larn796

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn & Suites for vacation each year for more than 36 years. It really is a terrific spot to recreate, you can't beat the free breakfast and their positive team work makes guests feel valued and recognized. The suites are lovely - full kitchen, living room, bath and bedroom - very spacious and lucky for us, we got to look right out our bay window at the Space Needle - pretty day and night.

The Hampton beds here feel brand new - so comfy and staff clean everything with a very organized and detailed approach and of course, fresh bedding is all included.

This hotel is a 5 minute walk from Seattle Center, the Rock and Roll Museum, the Monorail, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, etc. Very convenient to downtown Seattle and Pike Street Market. You can't help but have lots of fun. Make sure to reserve early as this place sells out.

Room Tip: First floor is easy to reach the breakfast buffet, computer work spaces, newspapers, etc.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank elaine s

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. What you have shared (the details) are totally appreciated and extremely gracious. I am so excited to share this feedback with my team. This is just what we needed as we start our high season.
You are a valued guest and again we are so grateful of your continued loylty, confidence and commitment to our property. We look forward to your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here for a week for the RNR Half Marathon. The location was perfect for the race and sight-seeing around the space needle. Public Transportation was also convenient (Bus, Cabs and Monorail). The entire hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. I really loved the fresh cut fruit each morning at breakfast. It was about a 30 minute train ride from the airport, which beats the 50 bucks for a cab! There were many restaurants and bars within walking distance, as well as, Kerry Park.

Room Tip: 631 was a nice room, quiet and nice night view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank asumrall

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We were extremely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We came in a day before our cruise so we could see a little bit of the city. As everyone says it is a two block walk to space needle etc. We took the monorail and walked to Pike's Market. The hotel is very clean and everyone working was very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was a little disappointing. I did not care for the egg selection of the day and the waffle machine was not working. It is just the run of the mill breakfast that all the hotel chains offer. I just thought for the price of the room it could be a little bit more upscale. They did have a shuttle set up for transportation to the pier for only $7 per person which seem like a good deal. The cab from the airport to the hotel was $50.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce11351
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014