Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
“Great”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

You book the Hampton and Hampton is what you get the room was very big and the Hotel is very big, but front desk helped describe how to get to the room, so that it was of ease for me to find. All i can say is that it is worth the money to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike L
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We chose this hotel for a one night stay in Seattle before taking grandchildren back to SeaTac for their trip home after visiting us for vacation. The location couldn't be much better! It is walking distance to the Space Needle, Duck Boats, EMP Museum, Chihuly Glass Garden, Gates Foundation, monorail and several restaurants. They have parking on site, so you are not worried about your vehicle. The interior of the hotel is very clean and nicely updated and maintained. The breakfast offering has everything adults or kids need to start their day in a relaxed way. I can't say enough about the wonderful desk staff, who were all so very helpful and knew the answers to any question I put to them about walking distances, attractions, and locations to eat. Kyle is an especially friendly and patient fellow and I thank him for his great advice to visit the Chihuly exhibit in the evening when they illuminated the sculptures! I had VERY good phone contact when I called before making my reservation, as well. Book early!! This place fills up, and there is good reason.

Room Tip: Our room on the south side had a view of the Space Needle!

Chicago
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is what you would expect from Hampton -- clean, friendly staff, no surprises. A bit expensive but the location makes up for it. It is a short walk to the Space Needle, Monorail and other attractions at Seattle City Center. The QFC supermarket (excellent selection of items) is a block away if you want to stock up on food and drink while you are staying there. It is also convenient to the cruise ships -- they will book a shuttle to the dock for you ($7 per person) but make sure to book early as the shuttles are popular.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Steigenberger592

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We were is Seattle for our 20th anniversary cruise and stayed here prior to our departure. The king room we had requested had been overbooked due to online or corporate issues so we were given a suite for the same price. Our room though street side and level was exceptionally quiet and was immaculately clean and well kept. We were within walking distance to many attractions such as the Space needle (3 blocks) and Pikes Place Market . (10 to 15 blocks ) Be sure to wear good walking shoes. The staff at this hotel was top notch, friendly and professional. Would definitely stay again!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert P

Waynesboro, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I wouldn't chance staying anywhere but the Hampton Inn on 5th St in Seattle. The staff is professions, the free breakfast is a great value and the entire hotel is super clean. I travel 3000 miles from Pennsylvania to Seattle Wa to visit my daughter in college and know the Hampton will always be the best value in the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Sue J

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here a night prior to our cruise. We arrived early in the day and a room on the first floor was available. I was concerned about the noise but wanted to get out stuff in the room prior to exploring the city. The room was the first one from the reception area. It wasn't too noisy for the most part. The room was very clean. The breakfast staff was very nice and the area was clean (breakfast is complementary until 10 a.m.). It was cleaned right after breakfast, thus the lobby looked pristine all the time. The Space Needle is a short walk from the hotel. Pike Market was further out, about a 25 minute walk. (10 minute walk is a great pizza place, Bambino's!) We left on Sunday and the post-cruise crowd was huge! They were all trying to check in when we left.

1 Thank LRosemary1

California, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hampton Seattle offers a great location for accessing city sites. It is walking distance to the Space needle and monorail. The Hotel staff is friendly and easy to talk to, and will assist with parking if they are full. Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. Morning Breakfast offers a nice, light variety to get you started for the day.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton