“Pleasantly surprised. Nice staff. Good tourist location.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Phila
“Pleasantly surprised. Nice staff. Good tourist location.”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is very nice. We stayed for three nights. Didn't have to drive our rental car at all. Walking distance to Space Needle, monorail, EMP museum as well as a good variety of restaurants. Good solid breakfast with something for everyone. Cookies in the afternoon.
Rooms were spacious and clean. We were there during a hot spell and had problems with a/c.
They were very responsive and offered an appropriate accommodation.

There is a young lady at the front desk-Amina-who is the epitome of excellent customer service.
I wish she could be cloned and work at all hotel/airline/rental car/restaurant locations!!

Room Tip: Rooms have a/c units.
3 Thank Rob W
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. I would like to extend my appreciation for the details that you have shared. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London England
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Seattle hotels can be expensive. As we were travelling with our adult daughter we picked a suite as a being less expensive than two rooms. We were happy with our deal. The suite was large with fridge, cooker and sofa bed. The hotel is an easy walk to the Seattle centre, space needle and monorail. The staff were very helpful. They had organised an early check in and were very service oriented. Breakfast was OK. I would stay in one of these again. The air conditioner was quite loud and only in the main bedroom so our daughter got most of the noise and none of the cool air.

2 Thank AmershamMan

Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We always stay in this hotel when in Seattle. It is close to everything you need at the Seattle Centre and only a monorail ride from all the shops downtown. Close to the I5 when arriving by car. The free breakfast is substantial with lots of choice. The free Wifi also works well and contributes to its overall good value for money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Kirsten C

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Sometimes first impressions are not always right. We arrived about midday and asked if we could have an early checkin. We know this is not always possible and that is fine but it was the complete lack of service that surprised us. The front staff were reluctant to assist with info re Seattle or any ideas about what we could do for a couple of hours. They did offer to store our bags and said someone would come along to put them in the store room but then after waiting for about half and hour we had to remind them as no one had taken them. We went for a walk to find some lunch and a visitor centre. We were a bit apprehensive when we returned but there was no need. The staff had changed and a lovely young lady named Amina checked us in and even without asking gave us some recommendations for places and restaurants to visit. Cookies and breakfast were a nice surprise and they even had breakfast on the run bags. Location is good and having been away for nearly three weeks it was nice to have a little kitchen instead of eating out all the time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rodzy
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 30 August 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had a one night stay here and were pleasantly surprised. The room is quite large, has everything one could need minus a safe and a refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable, linens quite nice and fresh. Ample towels. In room coffee service. Complementary breakfast is nicely displayed and very ample as well. Many choices of hot and cold food. Fresh fruit and yogurts. Toasters and waffle makers. The place was hopping.
Right near the Seattle Center, Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Chihuly Garden and Glass, Duck Boat Rides. Big SuperMarket across the street. Down the block from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation too.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor. It was quiet even though we were near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susie B

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

The room is very clean and well taken care of. The staff was terrific and very accommodating. It's a little far from the action of downtown, but close to the cruise terminal. I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doris O

New York
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My son and I stayed in a suite last week and it was very nice. Clean, comfortable and the WiFi connection was terrific. Also, even though this hotel is in downtown Seattle it was quiet at night, however I would recommend an upper floor. Another perk - it's in the heart of the city and the parking is free.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
1 Thank JeanineNewYork