“Great Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #20 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This hotel was perfect for the trip we planned. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful and everyone we encountered was very nice. The King suite room with kitchenett was perfect size with a tv in each room. You could walk to the Space Needle (which is where you can get the monorail in to down town) and to many great restaurants. My husband and I felt very confortable walking around in the evening to different restaurants. After spending some time in the actual city area I was thrilled to be back at our hotel. I would recommend this hotel for anyone, and will stay there again when I go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKdreaming
Write a ReviewReviews (2,048)

Reviewed 10 March 2010

My husband and I usually love the Hampton Inn, so when we were going to Seattle, my husband booked us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle Downtown. We were very disappointed. First of all, it is not located in downtown Seattle, but outside the downtown, right by the Space Needle. The room we were given had a horrible stale cigarette smell, and you could hear peoples footsteps above your head. The night manager said only one other room was available, so we swithced. The new room was adequate. To us, not as nice as other Hampton Inns. The bathroom and carpet looked tired. The bathroom also was noticeable cold, and therefore very uncomfortable. We had to pay $15 a night parking, and there was no room in the garage. Even if there was room, the spaces were so tight you could barely fit a car in it . We ended up leaving our car in their open lot. We did a load of laundry, and it took my husband three hours to dry our clothes, as the dryer wasn't working well. As for location, I would have rather been located somewhere central in downtown Seattle. I would say that the staff seemed very nice. If I was coming back to Seattle I would definitely choose a hotel more in a neighborhood with shopping and restaurants. I was not happy with this Hampton.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oldmyst
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Most hotels in any busy downtown areas, especially those near tourist attractions, tend to be rather expensive. This Hampton Inn just north of the Seattle Center offers comfortable amenities in a somewhat secluded neighborhood just a stone's throw away from the attractions of Seattle Center (Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, Experience Music Project), and a monorail ride to the Pike Place market without breaking your wallet.

Offerings include complimentary breakfast, wireless Internet, and three small garages for parking. The layout of the hotel is somewhat confusing, with hallways that twist and turn in seemingly random directions.

The fitness center consists only of aerobic-exercise equipment (stationary bike, recumbent bike, treadmill, elliptical). No resistance machines or free-weights are available. This hotel does not have a pool.

Two PCs are available for use in the main lobby.

Overall, this is a good location away from the hubbub of downtown Seattle, but still in a location convenient to highway access and some sightseeing. Downtown is accessible by the Seattle Center monorail, running from Seattle Center to the Westlake shopping center.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crimson667
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. Check-in was quick and easy. Room was comfortable and well-appointed. Bed was very comfortable and wi-fi was relatively fast.

My only issue was that I could hear every movement of the person in the room above me, whether he/she was walking across the floor or shutting a dresser drawer, I heard it. I know this is common in cheaper hotels like Days Inn and Super 8's, but should not be an issue at ANY Hilton property.

Breakfast was ok, the western omelettes were tasty, but hotels should NEVER serve biscuits with sausage gravy. What a horribly anti-healthy and disgusting breakfast item!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ripcurled1
Reviewed 27 December 2009

Went to Seattle over the Christmas holiday for a weekend getaway. Booked at the Hampton Inn Downtown because my husband and I have had great experiences staying at Hampton Inn properties. As expected, this one did not disappoint. The hotel is a short walk from the Space Needle and Seattle Center and within walking distance to downtown, albeit about a 30 minute walk. If heading downtown and you don't want to walk, you can take the bus located right out in front of the hotel. Be advised that this hotel is not located downtown.
We got a great rate, $89/night. Our king bedroom was large, clean, had a large tv and very comfortable bed. Breakfast had a great variety of foods (a hot dish, bagels/bread, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal) and something to please everyone. The lobby had 2 computers with internet access that were free to use. The hotel was very quiet in terms of city noise, no horns honking or general commotion, though we did hear footsteps and movement in the room above us but this wasn't too disruptive. The front desk staff wasn't as informed about how to navigate the city and I would have expected but we still managed to get around with no problems. Overall, great value for the money and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvSLO
Reviewed 10 December 2009

The only hitch with this establishment was getting there by cab. It is in fact Queen Anne district, and that is very nice even for enjoyable uphill conditionals. The Inn is a stone's throw away from the Space Needle, which is a good point especially for first-time visitors, with the advantage of being able to hop on the once-so-futuristic monorail train and zip to the real downtown in a couple of minutes. Literally, which means the fare of $2 works out at a dollar per minute from every passenger - a nice little earner, methinks. Worth the ride, though, and views along the way, too. In the end we used it almost exclusively to make the transfers.

This Hampton is simply good and unpretentious, guests staying here being both visitors and businessmen. It is well run, and the reception desk staff could not be more helpful, including the greeter at breakfast time. It just cheered things up for all, and having the usual Hampton offering here was actually a pleasant experience. It felt good to read the paper, unrushed and sipping yet another cup of coffee.

Although the spacious room was facing the street, it was perfectly quiet day and night, with comfortable beds. Since there is no pretense at being a hotel, coin-operated washing machine is made available to guests, which is helpful. There is a very good supermarket just a few steps away (QFC) and local bus routes have stops nearby. Best to walk around a bit, though, perhaps across the road and browse the CD store with a huge choice of items (purchases were made). There are some attractively marginal cafes up the hill.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richteral
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Really enjoyed staying here. Two-bedroom suite was spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable. Nice large bathroom. Front desk was helpful, so helpful that they organised a town car out to the airport and organised a tour of the Boeing factory for us. Breakfast was average, but OK and certainly was enough to keep you going until lunch. Just don't expect too much. The hotel is a few blocks from the Space Needle and a 2-minute monorail ride into downtown. I enjoyed my stay here and can highly recommend it. The free internet in the lobby is a bonus.

• Stayed: November 2009