“Highly recommend - very close to Space Needle”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I did a lot of research to find the best hotel for our trip to Seattle and changed reservations several times before settling on this hotel. I was extremely pleased with my final selection. The hotel itself is within two blocks of the Space Needle and our room had a fabulous view of it. We stayed in a suite room that was very roomy and had a full kitchen. I had read a comment that the hotel was difficult to find but we had no difficulty finding the hotel. The hotel has a few parking spaces outside but the majority of the parking is in a garage. The cost of parking is reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. We had no trouble obtaining reasonable transportation downtown and to all the sightseeing areas. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Seattle.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

I am a FIRM believer in Hampton Inn's and try and travel as much with them. This was the first time I've been charged for parking, which from what I can gather, is the norm across Seattle, but was not overly impressed with it here. Maybe my Silver VIP status would have had it wiped off, but I guess not. If you are not comfortable with tight parking garages, then you might have to take your chances parking in the street. Bfast was good, great staff working here. Nice city view from our room as well!

Reviewed 12 October 2010

First time at this facility, and I was very impressed. Before anything else, I have to mention the front desk folks -- they were fantastic! I have never seen such a combination of cool, professional competence and warm, friendly attitude. Really, I just can't praise them highly enough.
We had a suite, and the one complaint I have is that the a/c unit was in the bedroom section, so it was quite difficult to control the temperature in the living room/kitchen section when connecting door was closed. That's a problem, but not really a major one.
The place was clean and quiet. Everything you could want was provided. There is a fantastic upscale supermarket a very short block away, which even includes a Starbucks inside it.
The location is great, a short walk from the Space Needle.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed here with my spouse and another couple for a football game. We had a 2 bedroom suite. It was perfect for us. There is a a grocery store quite close. The place was clean and comfortable. The bed was also comfortable. Staff friendly and accomodating. The price great for a suite in downtownish Seattle. The only thing that was strange was no A/C in main living room. In the bedrooms only and it got a little warm. The bedroom A/C was loud but drown out other noise.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We travel quite often as a family and my spouse travels on business weekly.
We have stayed in many Hampton Inns in the Pacific Northwest and this is why we felt it would be a good choice in Seattle. Boy were we wrong!!!
We had reserved 2 rooms 1- king and 1 with 2 queens
The king had a portable AC unit that was so noisy you couldn't sleep with it on and it was too warm to sleep with it off. On the second morning I had to hunt for the coffee pot they had put it in the dishwasher-- so not terrible but annoying.
When our kids went to check into room 2 at 4pm they were told that their room wasn't ready so they were given another room. Not 2 queens but a king and a sofa bed, not the best for an adult but we weren't gong to make a big dead out of it. Their unit also had a portable AC unit but it wasn't hooked up called the front desk they sent someone up they hooked it up but left the window above it open when asked how they were going to close it off they were told pull the curtain. so much for efficient use
Then they opened a drawer in a dresser and discovered it was full of someone elses clothes!!!! Now how well was the rest of the room cleaned when they hadn't even checked the drawers..
Over all for rooms at $220 a night we were very disappointed. They did refund 1 night but it still didn't make up for the experience .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KarenK35
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in August for vacation. It was very typical of most Hampton Inns. That is a good thing. The rooms and property are well kept and comfortable and the breakfast is as expected...hot home made waffles, a few hot items, and breads, muffins, fruit, cereal, etc. The breakfast room was crowded but they provided a meeting room for additional seating. The location is excellent for Seattle Center tourist attractions and we drove downtown in less than 15 minutes. It is also about 5 minutes from the I-5 freeway so it is easy to get out of town & explore. They do charge extra for parking, but parking in Seattle is ridiculous everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in a 1 bedroom King Suite. Really expected more from the reviews. The room, while being a nice size was dirty and unappealing. The decor is probably 7-8 years old and looks it. Sofa has stains on the arms. Ceiling must have had some stains on it which were painted over in paint that did not match. Holes in the walls were poorly patched.
Location is nice.. coming from the airport we took the light rail line to downtown, then the monorail to Seattle Center.. from there it is just 2 blocks.
Breakfast was ok.. the usual high-fat, high-carb items but I guess that's what most people eat.
I really wanted to like this place, and paying for a suite we certainly expected something a little more luxurious. Felt more like a cheap, run down apartment. Staff was very friendly though.
Fitness center is tiny and had rather outdated equipment. Internet access, both wired and wireless, was extremely slow as others have stated.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business