“My family and I loved our stay here!”
Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #15 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The next time someone needs a place to stay in Seattle, we'll suggest one place: the Georgetown Inn.

I got a job unexpectedly in Seattle, and my family and I needed a place to stay while I started work, we looked for an apartment, and we learned our way around a new city. The Georgetown Inn was the hotel that was closest to my work and was the most affordable place with a kitchenette, so we took a shot. Man are we happy we did.

The staff was top notch. Every one that worked there was extremely friendly, accommodating, and considerate. One of our first nights there, we spent about 20 minutes talking with Richard and Tony, and they gave us a wonderful overview of the neighborhood, restaurants, and places to go with our three year old. They pointed us to the park across the street where our son loved playing; to Via Tribunali (amazing pizza); and to other restaurants, shops, and places of interest. It was great. Plus, we loved that Richard knew local business owners by name. The fact that he was so invested in the neighborhood was truly attractive to us, and made our stay so much more fun. Compared to the hotels where we stayed on our drive out ("Um, there's an Arby's by the interstate") we were so happy and felt that we got to know a wonderful neighborhood that we've already gone back to a couple times just to hang out.

The facility itself is nice. We don't stay in hotels much, so we don't have much in the way of expectations, but the Georgetown Inn was great. It was super clean, well decorated, and in a constant state of updates. During the two weeks we were there, there were minor (but not all all inconvenient) updates to the lobby which we thought looked pretty good to begin with. Also, furniture from various rooms was being updated, and it looked like beds were being changed out as well. Also, there were more amenities than we could have asked for: free laundry, sauna, exercise room, continental breakfast (Costco Muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, juice--way more than our usual bowl of cereal at home, so we were quite happy). Also, they had great coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day.

The cherry on the cake of our visit was this: A few days into our stay, and after talking with Richard and Tony, I got a call at work. We were offered the opportunity to move to the suite (at no additional cost) because Richard felt that it would be easier for my family and I since we were there for such a long time. It's the first time we've been offered an upgrade of any kind, and it was so worth the wait. The suite we moved to was great for us: it had a great kitchen, a large bath, and separate bedroom so I could work in the room after our son went to bed.

We can't recommend the Georgetown highly enough. We needed a clean, safe, functional hotel, and we got all that as well as a wonderful staff and an introduction to a wonderful neighborhood that is supporting local artisans/businesses. Great great great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Luke A
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Georgetown Inn. Although we are not a particularly elegant hotel we do have the opportunity to help our guests feel cared for and appreciated. I have shared your comments with the team as I want them to know that what they do is noticed and appreciated.

We are proud of our people and we are delighted to hear that we will be seeing you around the neighborhood in the future. We all wish you the best in your new position.

Please call on me if I can be of service.

Thank you!!

Richard Moffitt~ General Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2011

My wife and I traveled to Seattle the first of December and stayed at this property based on a recommendation from a local small business owner. We extremely please with the comfort of the rooms and their cleanliness. At first we were not sure what to expect because the rates were so unbelievably reasonable. The beds were very comfortable and the staff friendly. Richard the General Manager introduced himself to guests during continental breakfast and seemed genuinely interested in our lodging experience. We will definitely return to this property on our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel very much! The Staff was fanastic, the room spotless and very comfortable. The bed was great...I slept like a baby! Thanks to ANTHONY at the front desk for being so gracious! I am returning to this Hotel again later this week. I highly recommend the Georgetown Inn!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank suzy224
Reviewed 9 November 2011

-rooms were clean, until about 20 minutes after we showed up.
-staff was very friendly to a drunk friend who decided to lay on the lobby floor while i went and got my slippers.
-The only "good" food was across the street at our local shell station with bomb @$$ chicken, and the "freshest" food in town... which had been apparently sitting for hours. Nothing else was open and or would not deliver to us, sadly!
-Complimentary breakfast included bomb sunny delight, minimal cereal selections, and toast with no jelly.
-Beds were reasonably comfortable, until you stick the biggest one in the group in the middle! But even then you cant complain.
-Jacuzzi bathtub was nice to look at, but not used. (located across from the bed, NOT even in the bathroom doesn't leave much for privacy)

I will DEFINITELY be staying here next time!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

HeHello and thanks for the entertaining review! We are happy to have played a small part in keeping you off the streets during your night of debauchery~ There were and are plenty are pubs and places to get something to gnosh on in the area late but I agree that the fried chicken across the street rocks! BTW, the pizzeria delivers until 2:00 for next time. As for breakfast I sincerely apologize for the lack of accoutrements. We always provide Tropicana Orange juice along the 4 cereals. Honey Nut Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats, Special K w/Strawberries, and Granola. We also have plenty of jams on hand for you too. I will look into what happened during your stay. Our Jacuzzi rooms provide an in-room Jacuzzi tub experience. Some guests like to soak in it while watching the tube etc. On your return we’ll hook you up with a suite and those rooms come with a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Much more private if you’re travelling with friends. We hope to see you again. Cheers! Rich

Reviewed 5 November 2011

clean , staff is hit or miss some very friendly , some more stren but given the ruff area nite staff have probaly seen thier share, wouldnt go out side early am or nite , stayed here many ,many ,many times thanks to VA vists , agin clean , uncomfortable beds ( leave as sore as if slept in car) we bring a feather bed and pillows last vist kinda helped, but clean ,close to VA , but really nothing eles as far as dinning ( Arbys, and a noodle place ) but if you have to come to Seattle VA , its very close and a easy to get to we alway try to get food before we check in , we have tried other places but agin clean close and works for us ,would advise not bringing kids they would be very bored and unable to be outside ( REALLY RUFF AREA ) prostution , drugs , homeless , but we seem to come back , just lock your car and get what you need before you come , wouldnt go on a walk

Room Tip: stay inside at nite , keep your windows closed streets smell like urine and noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We go to great lengths to let our guests know about the Georgetown neighborhood but somehow we failed to discuss this with you. Georgetown has a great resource online at ‘georgetownmerchants dot org'. There you will find a map to all the great galleries, stores, restaurants, pubs and live music venues. Georgetown is Seattle oldest neighborhood and has much to offer. Regarding the beds, we have about 80% new beds and in the balance of the rooms we have installed fluffy, pillow top pads. We have many deluxe rooms that you can request (although not through the VA as their negotiated rates do not include these rooms) to be sure you have a fresh new bed we purchased just this summer. As for kids, it is not particularly "kid friendly" but many kids stay here and they are well cared for. To describe Georgetown as filled with prostitutes, drugs and homeless is quite a stretch to say the least. Downtown Seattle has far more to ofter these types and we do not have any issues or concerns with these elements. Fairly priced, very clean, good value, close to downtown Seattle and in a great neighborhod. Considering all these things I say we are worth 5 stars but hey, we're just happy to have you! Cheers! Rich

Reviewed 22 October 2011

Not too far from downtown Seattle, great place to stay over night. Showers were hot and the water pressure was reall high. Check out by 11 and head back to Seattle for our weekend trip. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Mezquia
Reviewed 5 September 2011

If you need to stay around boeing Field in Seattle you could do a lot worse. This Inn provides a continental breakfast and is located in the Georgetown area of Seattle.Ll rooms are second floor or above with the lobby on the main floor. I stayed on the third floor and the wifi was week but present. Not a lot of restaurants in the area so plan on driving. There is a Shell station across the street were you can by beer, fried chicken or the occasional jojo. The room was clean but dated. There was a refrigerator in the room. The room had a nice tv and was well lit. If I needed to be located in this area again I would stay here again. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank GuyWagon
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Hey there, you know what? That's a very fair review. I would hope for 4 or 5 stars but I can appreciate your rating. Rooms are indeed a bit "dated" but definitely clean... I’ll tell you this much. What we do matters. It matters to me, it matters to my staff and we do what we can with what we have. We have many new beds, getting all new bed linens (getting rid of the comforters) and making many improvements. I sincerely appreciate your feedback. Take care and we hope to see you again. Cheers! Rich