“Road trip stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Van, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

After reading all the bad reviews, I was needlessly worried. It was a nice place. Clean & comfortable and the staff was very friendly & helpful. I was disappointed that there was no microwave in the room. I didn't have a car & had to walk 4 blocks to the nearest place to eat (Arby's). I was just slightly nervous as it wasn't the best neighborhood. One other thing. I read a lot of reviews praising the continental breakfast. That was a let down. It had the basics: something toastable, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee. Nothing special. But overall, I was quite happy with the place. I would stay there again & would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: It's hard to rate these catagories as I only had one room and nothing to compare it too. I don...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank boifloy
Seattlehotel, Concerned Citizen at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hello world! I would like to clarify a couple things brought up in this review: We are ranked in the top 25% of Seattle (City Limits) hotels. We have 89 reviews rated “Very Good” or “Excellent” and 6 rated “Poor” or terrible”. Also, the bad reviews are all from before June of 2010 when previous management was in place. Just Sayin’. Additionally, we have no less than 25 restaurants closer than Arby’s, (BTW, I would walk 100 miles to avoid an Arby’s) serving a variety of Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Vegetarian, 24 Hour Diner, and Pub Food. We prefer not to have microwaves in the rooms as the hotel would soon start smelling like reheated pizza and popcorn. We do provide a microwave in the common area for your convenience and we also have 8 rooms available with kitchenettes available at your request. Webster’s definition of Continental Breakfast: “A light breakfast, as of rolls or toast and coffee.”. We offer that and a bit more. We are located 4 miles from downtown Seattle and our rates run about $50. to $200. less than other hotels in the city. Free parking too…Thanks for reading… Have a Great Summer! Cheers! Ps. My wife told me not to post this…I just could not help myself.
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was really pleasantly surprised by this hotel, since the reviews are mixed. We stayed here on our last night of an 8 night visit to the Pacific NW, and this was the nicest place we stayed during our entire visit. The staff were all very friendly, were very flexible with us as we needed a little extra time to check out. They provided a really yummy, healthy breakfast and good coffee. Our room was clean, very comfortable, and tasteful There was a big cushy chair & ottoman, and a nice desk too. It was the perfect place for us to end our trip at, after staying in some pretty lousy hotels. The car-ride to downtown Seattle took less than 10 minutes. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 308. The view wasn't great, but it was remarkably quiet considering its proximity to...
1 Thank KD_Spring
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We've stayed at the Georgetown Inn several times & found it to be an excellent value in an interesting industrial neighborhood. The building itself is a pretty standard three-floor hotel, but it is nicely decorated & very clean. The beds are excellent, & we had plenty of room in our king bed room. The free breakfast includes a decent selection of cereal, fruit, breads & delicious muffins. There is free on-site parking. The hotel is close to I-5 & also a quick ride to downtown via nearby 4th Street. The Georgetown District where hotel is located is undergoing a bit of a renaissance, & you can walk to some interesting restaurants, bars & shops & also admire some beautiful old brick buildings being rehabbed into artist studios. Front desk staff are always very helpful & pleasant. The only drawback we've found is lack of a guest computer for printing out boarding passes, but there is a Kinko Fed Ex right across the street.This hotel is a great bargain for pricey Seattle!

Room Tip: King bed rooms are good size.
3 Thank Rita M
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I just compled a four day stay at the Georgetown Inn in the Seattle neighborhood of the same name. The hotel was affordable, very well located for travel to the south or north into the City. It is only about 15 minutes north of SEA airport. It is in a interesting neighborhood with several restaurant/taverns within easy walking distance. Richard Moffitt, General Manager, and his staff were very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable regarding driving directions, restaurant suggestions, activities (take the ferry to Bainbridge Island, just for the ride alone). The facility is comfortable, well maintained, and puts on a tasty Contineltal Breakfast. We sill stay here again on our next trip to the Seattle area.

4 Thank JohnHemer
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Found this absolutely cool place to stay while on business in Seattle. Great rates and super-clean, well-appointed rooms. Neighborhood is industrial but with a great selection hip restaurants, a brewery and colorful locals. Couldn't have found a better spot, a snap to downtown and reasonable rates are a bonus.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank WallaceW51965
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We decided to stay here because it is reasonably priced, the rate includes breakfast and parking is free. It doesn't look much from the outside and it is located in somewhat an industrialized area but we were pleasantly surprised when we entered our room - it was spacious, clean and adequately furnished. Hubby loved the location, easy access to the freeway and when there is no traffic, you can be in downtown Seattle in 10 min. Breakfast is ok, lots of fruit and most of the selection looked healthy. Coffee available all day long. Everyone we met was nice and friendly. I barely heard our neighbors but outside noise can be loud.

They do have AAA rates, you just have to ask for it.

Would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank rdlc
Seattlehotel, Just one of the Fella's at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. These most recent "Outstanding" reviews by you and others mean so much to me and my team. It is for you that we do what we do in providing a simple, clean, no fuss, no frills place to lay your head at night. When we are on holiday we expect to get a good value for our hard earned money too. We love it when we feel valued, appreciated and treated like friends. We hope sincerely hope to see you again... Cheers!