“What a great deal”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ocean Grove, NJ
“What a great deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were visiting family in Seattle and were looking for a reasonably priced hotel. My cousin suggested we check out the Georgetown Inn ( neither of them had stayed there but they saw good stuff online). As we checked in, we scoped the place out. This is not a fancy hotel; the furniture was utilitarian but spotless. There was coffee on with biscotto all day The check-in was a breeze and the staff was very courteous. Our room was very plain; a counter in the bathroom and one below the TV. There was a panel TV, cable with cable (HBO only) but had a refrigerator, great for stashing drinks. Again the room was spotlessly clean. The bed was the best feature; a big queen size bed with a duvet that was really great to sleep on and I have a lot of back/neck pain issues. There is a continental breakfast with the usual things; pastry, cereal, english muffins and a toaster. The best part were the trays; I could bring stuff up to the room. The area looks like it's trying to renovate itself; some empty stores but good restaurants and the SUB POP ( an indy band festival ) was within walking distance. If you're coming to Seattle and want a good, inexpensive not-far-from- Seattle-sites hotel I heartily recommend the Georgetown Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AlmaSOceanGrove_NJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I am in my 60's and rarely stay in cities outside of Oregon...my son was playing a gig at the Royal Room in Columbia City. I found out about this Inn from AAA--from a nice woman who said that AAA should rate places that don't have amenities, because so many people want lower priced, basic lodging. She found Georgetown Inn by going to tripadvisor. Her choice for me was right on. Georgetown is clean and the staff (with no exceptions) were very helpful. Tony and Trihn were on duty a lot of the time I needed info or help and they were particularly gracious. Tony went on Mapquest for me, printed my route to a foreign (to me) part of Seattle, made sure he tweaked the route directions, and followed me out to be sure I knew how to get on the freeway more directly than Mapquest had suggested. The location is ho hum, but who cares---it's so close to the art museum and so many things people might want to visit. Really the only thing I suggested to him was that they use WD40 in the keyhole to my room and there was immediate response. The total cost of my room was $113.00 with a AAA membership. Trihn even filled my water bottle with filtered water! I noticed a mini gym as I was leaving--maybe they should remember to tell people when they come in, but to be honest, I was exhausted and probably wouldn't have traveled too far on the treadmill!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was in the Seattle/Tacoma area for three nights, primarily to visit old friends. I wanted a place that was easily accessible to i-5, had free parking, internet, and breakfast, and was affordable. Of course I would prefer a beautiful view of the Space Needle or waterfront, but I was on a budget. I was skeptical of the area at first, but this was an excellent place to stay. I always felt very safe, and right down the street is a very cute area with small bars and places to eat. The bedroom (room 308) was exceptionally quiet; quieter than any other hotel I stayed at on this trip. The view is pretty much nothing, but I was there to sleep. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The bed was comfy, there was a nice chair and desk, refrigerator, and the bathroom was pristine (and I'm picky). It took about 15 minutes by car to get right downtown, and there is a bus you can also take right down the road. I actually never had the breakfast, but I did use the microwave in the lobby, and the muffins looked very good. I was very happy with my 3-night stay there, and if I were coming to the area to visit friends again, I would stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is quite basic -- very plain furniture, an average bathroom (with not so good products), a motel like atmosphere -- and it is set in an industrial area without much in amenities nearby. Yet it lives up to expectations set by the positive reviews, and I would certainly recommend it.

The area is not so pretty, but it is fine. The neighborhood does not seem unsafe, but there are a few sketchy types around. Just don't walk alone in the area at night. Apart from that, the industrial feel is kind of interesting. There are some promising restaurants and cafes nearby (we didn't try them as we were always out and about). There is a Starbucks across the street. And with a car, you are just a few minutes from downtown or West Seattle. Seatac airport is fairly close too.

What I really liked: The lobby / seating area is comfortable enough, and there is free wifi (even in rooms) and free parking. The breakfast is quite basic but free and of good quality (decent coffee, toast, cereal, fruit). The staff was very nice and helpful. And the price was great.

The room was clean, but very boring otherwise. It got a bit noisy as we faced the street, but it was fine at night when we were sleeping. I liked having big windows with good light. The bathroom was disappointing. And forget about the "gym" -- it has one machine more or less.

For the price, this is a good deal. With a rental car, you can really see a lot of Seattle -- I recommend getting over to West Seattle and up to Fremont and Ballard.

This is a solid option if you are fine with a very basic hotel. At least it is clean and the staff is very good. All "motels" should be like this.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street sides are noisy but bright. The interior rooms are probably quieter, but I coul...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

The hotel is close to lots of attractions and food. The manager and staff were very helpful. Our room had a little kitchenette and was very clean. They had to do maintenance on the tvs and the manager was very apologetic, though it was no inconvenience at all. I'd definitely stay here again. Rates were even lower for us once we got there than was expected. Close to airport, but we didn't hear any planes.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The staff (Toni) were very friendly and helpful. The location was ideal for access to the motorway. We enjoyed the continental breakfast, which was plentiful. Our bedroom was comfortable and quietly situated. It suited us ideally for our one night stopover.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kobe, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I spent two nights at the Georgetown Inn and came away completely satisfied with the experience. The location - in the industrial area of Seattle - is a little odd, but there are excellent services, including good restaurants, within walking distance. The hotel employees were very polite and knew the area well, and the facility was kept clean. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo