“Once again, a great place to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Barrow, Alaska
“Once again, a great place to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This last summer was another extended stay here at Georgetown Inn...the personnel are friendly, courteous and great. The rooms are clean, secured and the room attendants are trustful, helpful and accommodating. The location is great for local vendors, access to downtown is easy and its just a home feeling staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Seattlehotel, Gracious Host at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for the kind words...We are humbled...See you again we hope... Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had just come from Vancouver and staying at a national chain. And let me say Georgetown Inn blew them away. The outside of the hotel and lobby are not much to look at. It looks old and they even still use a key, however the room is VERY comfortable, clean, and like other reviews I was pleased with the breakfast. It was better than I thought it would be. Service was good AND the location (if you have a car) is perfect. Very easy to get downtown or really anywhere you want to go in Seattle. We loved it, maybe our because of our disappointment with a highly rated national chain that we had just come from, but I do not think so, It is a hidden gem. However, if you are a person who needs bells and whistles this is not the place for you. But if you want a nice comfortable place that is clean at a reasonable price this is the place for you. I accidently rated the fitness room. We did go in there it is not average and it is not poor. Just a treadmill and station bike but it is something. Like I said I do not care about that, to me that is a bell and whistle.

Everson, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We took a little overnight time away to go to a presentation at the Museum of Flight and this was the closest hotel that didn't get horrid ratings. Even though there were already some GREAT reviews, we were still very PLEASANTLY SURPRISED with all the friendliness, amenities, attention to detail and cleanliness of this wonderful place. We arrived by one of the myriads of MetroTransit options after arriving on Amtrak. ($2.50, prime time). The continental breakfast was wonderful and plentiful. There is a very small exercise room and sauna and even a free washer and dryer which I thought was a wonderful touch. The room was very comfortable. We stayed in the King Jacuzzi room and it was a delight to take a luxurious bath. Complimentary shampoo and soap are located both in the shower and separate tub and other amenities (including mints!) by the sink. Would I stay here again, even if we aren't needing to stay in the Georgetown area? IN A HEARTBEAT!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is way out near the industrial park, but it's clean and inexpensive. We arrived late and there was someone happily meeting us when we arrived. Room is small but clean. No fridge or microwave.
Minimal breakfast provided- coffee, cereal, muffins and toast. Varieties of each.
Overall, if you aren't going to sit in the room and don't care about location, this is a fine option.

• Stayed July 2013
Ocean Grove, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were visiting family in Seattle and were looking for a reasonably priced hotel. My cousin suggested we check out the Georgetown Inn ( neither of them had stayed there but they saw good stuff online). As we checked in, we scoped the place out. This is not a fancy hotel; the furniture was utilitarian but spotless. There was coffee on with biscotto all day The check-in was a breeze and the staff was very courteous. Our room was very plain; a counter in the bathroom and one below the TV. There was a panel TV, cable with cable (HBO only) but had a refrigerator, great for stashing drinks. Again the room was spotlessly clean. The bed was the best feature; a big queen size bed with a duvet that was really great to sleep on and I have a lot of back/neck pain issues. There is a continental breakfast with the usual things; pastry, cereal, english muffins and a toaster. The best part were the trays; I could bring stuff up to the room. The area looks like it's trying to renovate itself; some empty stores but good restaurants and the SUB POP ( an indy band festival ) was within walking distance. If you're coming to Seattle and want a good, inexpensive not-far-from- Seattle-sites hotel I heartily recommend the Georgetown Inn.

1 Thank AlmaSOceanGrove_NJ
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I am in my 60's and rarely stay in cities outside of Oregon...my son was playing a gig at the Royal Room in Columbia City. I found out about this Inn from AAA--from a nice woman who said that AAA should rate places that don't have amenities, because so many people want lower priced, basic lodging. She found Georgetown Inn by going to tripadvisor. Her choice for me was right on. Georgetown is clean and the staff (with no exceptions) were very helpful. Tony and Trihn were on duty a lot of the time I needed info or help and they were particularly gracious. Tony went on Mapquest for me, printed my route to a foreign (to me) part of Seattle, made sure he tweaked the route directions, and followed me out to be sure I knew how to get on the freeway more directly than Mapquest had suggested. The location is ho hum, but who cares---it's so close to the art museum and so many things people might want to visit. Really the only thing I suggested to him was that they use WD40 in the keyhole to my room and there was immediate response. The total cost of my room was $113.00 with a AAA membership. Trihn even filled my water bottle with filtered water! I noticed a mini gym as I was leaving--maybe they should remember to tell people when they come in, but to be honest, I was exhausted and probably wouldn't have traveled too far on the treadmill!

Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was in the Seattle/Tacoma area for three nights, primarily to visit old friends. I wanted a place that was easily accessible to i-5, had free parking, internet, and breakfast, and was affordable. Of course I would prefer a beautiful view of the Space Needle or waterfront, but I was on a budget. I was skeptical of the area at first, but this was an excellent place to stay. I always felt very safe, and right down the street is a very cute area with small bars and places to eat. The bedroom (room 308) was exceptionally quiet; quieter than any other hotel I stayed at on this trip. The view is pretty much nothing, but I was there to sleep. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The bed was comfy, there was a nice chair and desk, refrigerator, and the bathroom was pristine (and I'm picky). It took about 15 minutes by car to get right downtown, and there is a bus you can also take right down the road. I actually never had the breakfast, but I did use the microwave in the lobby, and the muffins looked very good. I was very happy with my 3-night stay there, and if I were coming to the area to visit friends again, I would stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends