“Frugal Traveler Gets Impressed!”
Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #15 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'm frugal, not cheap. I'm always looking for the best I can get at the least price. Georgetown Inn is a great find and I'll stay here whenever I'm in Seattle! Free, secure parking. Good sheets and towels. Very clean room. Dry Sauna and Exercise Room. HBO. Thought put into the soaps and shampoo. And the breakfast features both organic bread and Costco muffins.

Besides all that, Tom upgraded my husband and I to a King size bed and a Jacuzzi Tub. Feels like they strive to create a boutique hotel aura. It's working!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank guido1spokane
MrGeorgetown, The Main Guy at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Wow! First the Seahawks win the Super Bowl (Can I use that term?) and now we get this awesome review... This is my week! Thank you & Cheers! Go Hawks!!!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am an Interior Designer & have been staying at The Georgetown Inn for many years because of it's close proximity to the Seattle Design Center. I was pleasantly surprised to experience the newly updated Georgetown Inn on my last business trip to Seattle. Matt was so accommodating...the vintage photos were so interesting...the newly redecorated rooms were comfy...the coffee & breakfast was yummy & convenient...plus, my fave music on Pandora! Kudos, SV

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SybilDuma
MrGeorgetown, The dude at the front desk.... at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

You had me at "Fluffy clean white linens"... You complete us... Thank you! Cheers!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I am so glad we chose the Georgetown Inn the breakfast was wonderful, the staff was great very helpful. The exercise, steam room and laundry area was the best. The distance to every attraction was perfect. Everything is great. I will be back in June.

Room Tip: I can't say anything bad every location of the rooms was good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chefdesire
MrGeorgetown, Richard Sherman is my Brother!! at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We are so stoked that you chose to come the the Georgetown Inn in Seattle straight out of Compton! See you in June my friend! Cheers!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Four of us were on our way to Portland and decided to break the trip up by overnighting in Seattle. Our usual go-to hotel was full so I turned to a well known hotel aggregator website* to locate an alternative--that alternative turned out to be the Georgetown Inn--a motel I wouldn't have otherwise considered because of its location. We're normally sans vehicle and prefer to stay more centrally but our stay at GI may well have changed our minds for future visits. The neighbourhood is great--I think I gained five pounds--and we liked it so much, we stopped back on our way back from Portland.

On the motel: Clean, friendly staff (thanks for the restaurant recommendations!), free breakfast (but we pigged out at the diner around the corner) and free parking. If you're looking for posh amenaties, look elsewhere. If you're looking for character, great service and comfortable beds, then stop here.

This place is great--actually, better than great. Thanks again, hotel aggregator website--and thanks Georgetown Inn!

*not sure I can mention the website but it starts with a "b" and ends with a "g"... :-)

Room Tip: Not sure--our room was quiet and overlooked the interior courtyard (I think)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank VanTiki
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed at the Georgetown Inn for six days over Thanksgiving weekend. We could not have had a better place to stay in all of Seattle! The funky Georgetown neighborhood is awash in cool and friendly restaurants, bars, shops, artists, architects, musicians. It's not scrubbed-clean Pioneer Square --- it's the real thing: tattered, vital, edgy, up-to-the minute. Our corner suite was bright and airy; the living area had plenty of room for visiting grandsons, comfortable chairs, a well-lit desk with free wi-fi; the bedroom was clean, comfortable and uncluttered; the bath had a spa tub and separate walk-in shower and featured every conceivable emolument; and our kitchen had an oven big enough to cook a turkey! It's true that the upholstery was a little tired, but the service was outstanding, and the value couldn't be beat.

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and airy---and very inexpensive!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Samuel A
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at the Georgetown while in town to see a Monday Night Football game. The hotel was about 4 miles from the stadium so the location worked out great. The help was great and informative, Tom went out of his way to give me directions to the stadium and also pointed out some local eateries. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms along Corson tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Service of the staff was superior and they were incredibly pleasant to deal with. The room was a good size and quiet. Cool neighborhood (tho' a little tattered) has a variety of shops, bars, and cafes within walking distance. In a city with sometimes agonizing rush hours, the location is close enough to all the major sites, I-5, and I-90, that the drive is a non-issue. I can see myself staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business