“Pleasant surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairfield, Iowa
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

From the moment we arrived I felt taken care of. The people at the front desk were always more than accommodating of my needs with a friendly informality that made me feel at home. The room was lovely and bespoke of a much more expensive venue. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good including local organic whole grain bread of all things.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim B
MrGeorgetown, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hey Tim, thanks for the kind words... We look to go organic whenever we can. The bread, the coffee, the tea, often the bananas, the soy milk and the honey are few examples. Even our bath products... I hate the idea of farm hands working in a field full of chemicals and pesticides...Not something I would want to do...When we buy organic we create a market, where there is a market the industry will grow...Heck, I can even get organic whiskey here is Seattle… I’ll drink to that…Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cheshire
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had 2 visits in September to this wonderful friendly place. Everywhere was very clean and the bathrooms were spotless. Comfortable beds,crisp cotton sheets and a good nights sleep! The buffet breakfast was more than adequate with fresh fruit muffins , the most delicious multigrain type bread and a good selection of individual packets of jams to go with coffee/ tea.
What also makes this such a good place to stay is the staff. Helpful and obliging and are very willing to help out with eating out recommendations. Tom deserves a special mention as he enthusiastically shared his opinions on where to go/what to do and was such a delight.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that was as quiet as possible and we were allocated one
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
MrGeorgetown, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
We may be a fantastic little hotel but you are an equally fantastic person... Really, you are! Some people find things to love and some people find things to hate...Reminds me of the Cat Stevens song...

“Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are”

And you, my dear, are fabulous. Cheers!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Because of the high recommendation on tripadvisor we had to check out this hotel. And we Loved it. It was a ladies' shopping trip and from the moment we arrived we knew we had found our place to stay Every Time in Seattle! There were four of us, and a baby and they gave us the royal treatment. Great shower pressure, clean and comfortable beds, I can't say enough about this place. Coffee nearby, great location near to downtown, awesome.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarJackola
MrGeorgetown, The Main Guy! at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Wow is right! That is a crazy awesome review... Don't know what to say...Thank you and Cheers! How's that? Hope you stay with us again...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The Georgetown Inn was a great value for money. Not the best location because a little bit outside of Seattle downtown, but close to the hotel you got a direct highway to be in Seattle in 10 minutes. We had a room with Jacuzzi tub and we appreciated it when we came back from the windy city. The room was a little dated but clean and comfortable. No issue with the breakfast, simple but healthy. We liked the hotel and we’ll definitely come back for our next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Georgetown Inn was great and we will be back. Great value for money. It's a little bit outside of Seattle downtown, but there's a few bus routes nearby and easy access to the freeway with 10 minutes to the city and parking. The rooms were a little dated but very clean and comfortable. Staff were excellent and very friendly. The free continental breakfast was good, better than I've had in other hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
spokane, wa
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'm frugal, not cheap. I'm always looking for the best I can get at the least price. Georgetown Inn is a great find and I'll stay here whenever I'm in Seattle! Free, secure parking. Good sheets and towels. Very clean room. Dry Sauna and Exercise Room. HBO. Thought put into the soaps and shampoo. And the breakfast features both organic bread and Costco muffins.

Besides all that, Tom upgraded my husband and I to a King size bed and a Jacuzzi Tub. Feels like they strive to create a boutique hotel aura. It's working!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank guido1spokane
MrGeorgetown, The Main Guy at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Wow! First the Seahawks win the Super Bowl (Can I use that term?) and now we get this awesome review... This is my week! Thank you & Cheers! Go Hawks!!!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am an Interior Designer & have been staying at The Georgetown Inn for many years because of it's close proximity to the Seattle Design Center. I was pleasantly surprised to experience the newly updated Georgetown Inn on my last business trip to Seattle. Matt was so accommodating...the vintage photos were so interesting...the newly redecorated rooms were comfy...the coffee & breakfast was yummy & convenient...plus, my fave music on Pandora! Kudos, SV

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SybilDuma
MrGeorgetown, The dude at the front desk.... at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
You had me at "Fluffy clean white linens"... You complete us... Thank you! Cheers!