“Beautifully renewed place to stay in a regentrified area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
PHILADELPHIA
“Beautifully renewed place to stay in a regentrified area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Only 12 minutes from the center of Seattle. I must say the rooms and baths were immaculate. The staff was extremely helpful with directions and recommendations. I would definitely stay here if I had the chance again. Place is in process of replacing the carpeting in halls. Everything else has already been updated very nicely. Continental breakfast was a treat (I've never said that before). Wonderful large blueberry or applecrumb muffins, great coffee, fresh fruit, choice of juices, croissants or bagels or English muffins. Plus very eco friendly! Well located, easy on/off access to major roads. Cotton balls and cotton swabs individually wrapped in the bathroom and of course a chocolate candy to boot. 15 minutes to SeaTac airport. Oh yeah...the price...was excellent too! I would happily stay here next time. Well done to the management and staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ferndale, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family was in Seattle for a wedding, which was being held in the Georgetown area. We rented one of the one bedroom suites, which turned out to be enormous and included a full kitchen. We didn't need the kitchen facilities, but it is nice to know they are available if one is in town for an extended stay. The large dining / living room was great for hosting extended family during the weekend. There was a pull out couch in the living room for the extra person staying with us.

Staff were friendly and helpful and check-in and -out were efficient. Breakfast was fine - nothing special, but several options were available. The coffee in the lobby was good and was kept full.

The location is easy to find, although as others have commented, there are busy streets on two sides. (Hey, it's a big city, what do you expect?) There was ample complimentary off street parking.

I would stay again if in the area.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We made our decision to stay at the Georgetown Inn based on all of the positive reviews plus the fact that they were very affordable. I’m so glad we did. They accommodated us before check-in, after check out, and all throughout our 7-night stay. Rich and all of the staff working there are so friendly, helpful, and their customer service is beyond excellent. We got into Seattle 4 hours before our scheduled check-in time and weren’t planning on renting a car. So we were able to drop our bags off ahead of time and explore the city until check in.

Upon our initial arrival, we found a fellow foodie in Rich who recommended us great places to eat around Georgetown and in the Seattle metropolitan area. I already planned out our entire vacation places to eat/see/do, but I did appreciate the suggestions and helpfulness. We did end up going to Hangar Café in Georgetown for breakfast based on his recommendation, and we’re glad we did. (We went there twice). Our room was clean, we had free wifi, the bed was comfortable, and despite facing the busy intersection of Bailey and Corson, it was very quiet. I appreciated the fact that they were replacing their carpet while we were there so you know they are working hard on taking care of this hotel. The one thing which I feel that needs to be disclosed and is completely out of their control is that they are next door to a marijuana medical dispensary, so you may occasionally smell weed in the hallways and elevator. We had no problem in our room (although I think we were located furthest from the clinic).

Anyway, they have the best continental breakfast spread I’ve ever seen and had. Their blueberry and apple/cinnamon muffins are so delicious and so was their raisin and apple/cinnamon breads. They have good looking whole grain bread, English muffins, freshly squeezed orange juice, cereal, granola, bananas, oranges, and apples. They have complimentary Stumptown Coffee 24 hours, which my husband who drinks 12-16 cups of coffee a day commented how good it was and how it was always hot.

The hotel reception staff always warmly greeted us with a smile whenever we returned from our day long adventures. They were so helpful as far as looking up which additional Metro buses we could take to get us to our destination we needed to go. I forgot all of my confirmation email print-outs for all of the tours I wanted to go on while in Seattle, and they were able to print them for me. Checkout was 11 and our flight was at 3. We originally were going to check out, hang around in the lobby for an hour and then head on over to the airport, but we saw Rich in the hallway who said we could stay a little bit longer in our room which was awesome since we were able to wait in comfort before heading back to the airport.

They are very conveniently located to 5 bus lines. The closest were bus lines 106, 124, and 60 and were about a 5 minute walk east of the hotel. The other two bus lines were the 131 and 132 and were about a 7-10 minute walk west of the hotel. The 106 and 124 were the ones we used the most since they went straight through to downtown and is about a 15 minute bus ride to get to Pike Place Market in Downtown.

I would definitely recommend this hotel in a heartbeat! I only wish I could take this hotel and their staff with me on all of our travels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hit_girl18
MrGeorgetown, Owner at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Wow ~ Thank you so very much...Not sure we can live up to that but we sure do appreciate it...I think that deserves a good song lyric..."I pulled into Seattle, I was feelin' about half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand and, "Georgetown Inn", was all he said.".. Cheers! Rich
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Georgetown Inn for one night on a quick trip to Seattle. The hotel is very close to downtown Seattle by car and was a great place for the price. We stayed in a King bed room and it was very clean and comfortable. A big thanks to Anthony at the front desk who was very helpful and answered all our questions. He recommended a great restaurant nearby which we loved. I would definitely recommend the Georgetown Inn to anyone travelling to Seattle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed only one night here but they could not have been nicer. I won't lie, when you pull into the lot, you wonder what you've gotten into, it's not too impressive. But it was clean and tidy, the staff was so helpful to strangers in the city, the cabbies knew where it was, and it worked out great. So don't be put off by the unpretentious outside if you are looking for a perfectly acceptable low priced accommodation. We would definitely go back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Cant say enough positive things! Super friendly staff, amazing breakfast,eclectic decor, clean rooms. Owner/manager personable and friendly.would stay again, made us feel at home. Needed a car to explore, some good restaurants within walking distance if you like to walk. Great value!

• Stayed June 2014
Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband, son and I spent three nights here. Our room was large and clean, and included a small refrigerator and extra sink outside of the bathroom. Comfortable beds. Great staff, adequate continental breakfast, great coffee. All at a huge savings over the pricey hotels in downtown Seattle. Although we didn't use it, the hotel offers free use of a washer and dryer, if needed, and even throws in free detergent. We'd definitely stay here again.