“A great hotel, reasonably priced”
Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lockport, Louisiana
“A great hotel, reasonably priced”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We enjoyed Georgetown Inn. The beds were comfortable and cozy, rooms were nice. A really nice continental breakfast is provided. We had a rental car. From this location, everything we wanted to do was in easy reach. The money we saved on a pricey downtown hotel paid for the car, and we were free to visit so many things that would have been otherwise hard to access. Rooms have A/C and on site parking is complimentary.

Room Tip: When I booked, I was looking for a room with two beds, so my choices were limited in making other re...
1 Thank Angie L
MrGeorgetown, Owner at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Angie Darlin' ~ you are a dear....too kind... we sincerely appreciate it...Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Add me and my husband to the list of satisfied customers who stayed at the Georgetown Inn. All the reviews I read were spot on. The friendliness of the staff, the reasonable price and the cleanliness of the room and lobby more than made up for the (slight) inconvenience in location. And I do mean slight; we were able to drive downtown within minutes. The continental breakfast was satisfying and serving areas were spotless. One thing not mentioned in the reviews I read was free wi-fi, which is always appreciated. We'll be able to enjoy Seattle more often knowing there's a pleasant place to stay that doesn't cost a small fortune.

Room Tip: There were reviews that mentioned the smell of weed from the medical marijuana clinic next door. If...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MrGeorgetown, Owner at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Kelly, Kelly, Kelly..Will you marry me? Oh wait, you're already married and I know why... Because you are a kind and generous soul... You found in us something worthy of a 5 star review... You understand we are not a "5 Star" hotel but that is not what these reviews are about. Heck, a Hot Dog stand can get 5 stars if they rock the Wiener...If you get my drift...Please hit me up the next time you're in town... I'll have a growler of Manny's with your name on it ready for you...Cheers! Rich
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Booked one night for a job interview in Seattle. Politely asked online during booking for "top floor, quiet room" and the super professional and friendly staff member that checked me in read my request out loud back to me and said he was happy to find me a very quiet room. I was so thrilled at the quietness of the room/floor in general that lacked the usual (in other hotels) all night door slamming and loud TV sounds. Room was tidy, linens nice, and other extras as promised in the room. No microwave in room but keep in mind the 24 hr coffee/tea and microwave in the front lobby area. Was without car and wanting to rest after long day of traveling so I planned on hitting the Starbucks and/or Pho restaurant across the street instead of venturing further down towards the bars/eateries. Should have checked on closing times (a bit earlier because of the industrial area) so was mad at myself when Sbucks closed at 8 pm and Pho place at 7 pm. Small thing compared to happiness with my overall stay. Breakfast was great in the a.m. and morning staff was just as friendly. Would stay again.

Stayed August 2014
New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

So another breakdown in my mobile kinetic interactive roller coaster touring the country, brought me back to Seattle and a brief fun respite near the airport as I awaited repairs. Looking for a reasonably priced (a little over $100 was good for this city) and I landed at the Georgetown Inn. Don't let the exterior looking a little like a concrete jail scare you off. This is just a wonderful hotel, impeccably clean, over the top friendly staff, nice (did I say incredibly clean) rooms and a very cool neighborhood just a 5 minute walk away. Styrofoam is illegal in Seattle. Yay! And not only does the Georgetown Inn follow the law, all the breakfast stuff is compostable down to the wooden sporks. Breakfast is minimal but good, the coffee is just dandy, various delicious muffins that never saw the inside of a plastic wrapper, great breads and english muffins, fruit, what else do you need? Walk a couple blocks to Airport Rd. and some eclectic and eminently entertaining bars and restaurants abound. Save some cash and have a great time in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle!

Room Tip: They're all small but very cozy and white comforters--that means they clean them religiously.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelhoundnyc
Shilo, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Georgetown Inn has probably the most accommodating, friendly and eager to please Staff I have ever seen. A++ for effort. Nice clean rooms. For a small town, there are lots of restaurants available with a good variety. Bus stop is very close and you can get downtown very quickly and for a very reasonable price. It doesn't have many "frills", no airport shuttle, a small gym with a Sauna, no pool, however, the staff will do everything in their power to make your stay very pleasant. You get a free continental breakfast, but it is very good. The variety of large very good muffins, the variety of toast, bagels and english muffins, drinks, Coffee, Tea, Juice were all you need to get your day started right. I read the reviews on this Inn and was pleasantly surprised that the majority of people got it right, This is a "jewel in the crown" for budget conscience people or anyone who just needs a place to stay while touring around Seattle. Easy access to highways as well.
I would stay at this hotel anytime and highly recommend it to budget minded people who do not need all the bells and whistles. We loved every minute of our stay....it is all about the service.

Room Tip: Despite being on the noisier side of the Inn with a busy street and frequent air traffic, it never b...
MrGeorgetown, Owner at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
That review is just beautiful... Not too short, not too long... A Goldilocks of a review if you will... Some people are just miserable and find misery in what may be an otherwise great value hotel...Not you and for that we thank you! We don't claim to be much...But if you compare our rates to others in Seattle we think we have a pretty cool thing going here...we care about what we do... We care about our hotel & we care about you...Come see us a gain... Cheers!
Fresno, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently traveled to Seattle for vacation. We needed a place close enough to travel around to local hotspots. We also needed to do some of our own cooking to save money on our trip. Georgetown Inn met that criteria for us. The hotel itself is nice, but don't expect a luxury hotel. Our linens were surprisingly high quality for what you'd expect from a low priced hotel. The rooms were very clean, and the staff were courteous, helpful, and for the most part very knowledgeable about the city. The location of the hotel is really the only negative part of the place. The hotel is situated on a busy street corner, near a recycling plant, and a medical marijuana dispensery. You can at times catch a whiff of marijuana in the lobby of the hotel (we never smelled it in our room), and during the day the recylcling plant made a lot of noise. The recycling plant closed around 7:00pm, so there was no problem with noise at night and we slept incredibly well during our stay. The contenintal breakfasts were great, albeit simple. The bus systems were very easy to access from the hotel, but the bus stops were a little uncomfortable at times. There are no benches and the city area is a little grungy where the stops are located. Overall we felt safe in the area, but I wouldn't recommend traveling alone to this area at night time. We had a great trip overall and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently stayed for 6 nights while we were visiting our son. Our first impression was that the lobby was spotless, our room was on the small side and the hotel was a little old fashioned still using a real key to get into the room instead of a key card. It turned out that the key was never an issue and our small room was perfect and cleaned immaculately every day. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. A delicious free continental breakfast was offered daily with toast, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, and milk. The breakfast area was constantly being wiped down and cleaned. Free coffee and tea were offered 24 hours. The hotel is located conveniently just 2 blocks from a bus that takes you to downtown Seattle. We were very satisfied with our choice of hotels.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet. Our a/c was a little noisy. We thought we were getting a room with a microwave...