“Great Value”

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Spent 4 nights at the Georgetown Inn in late July as part of a road trip around WA and OR. What a great find! We had a family suite which was large and very comfortable - had everything we needed. Kitchen, dining table, sofa bed, separate bedroom with king sized bed (and very comfortable mattress), LCD TV's in living area and bedroom. The bathroom was well appointed with a jacuzzi tub and an excellent shower for hotel standards. The staff were great, with a friendly welcome and always willing to help. The continental breakfast in the morning was of a pretty good standard and set you up for the day.

Georgetown is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Seattle, and sure it shows it in places, but the area is being revitalized and there are numerous trendy bars and restaurants all within an easy walk of the hotel - we had one of the best pizzas ever at the nearby Flying Squirrel! Access to downtown Seattle is easy, a 10 minute drive or about 20-30 mins by bus - there is a nearby stop just across the street. Bus route will take you right by the baseball, football and soccer stadiums. The hotel is also a short drive from the Museum of Flight which, in my opinion is one of the best attractions in Seattle.

So if you are looking for a comfortable place to stay and you're not worried about all the bells and whistles of a downtown Seattle hotel, then consider the Georgetown Inn. It's simply great value and we would definitely stay there again.

3  Thank arh73

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It's a great spot. The staff are friendly and genuine. The rooms are clean and well appointed. If you're a Holiday Inn / hotel chain type of person, meaning you like a known entity, then this might not be for you. However, if you are more the Airbnb type, like to travel and experience some authenticity, then this place is certainly for you. Georgetown is a really interesting little neighbourhood which offers some great eating spots. Bonus is the Stumptown coffee and great bread in the morning.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite (there are two) with our children. Seriously felt like an apartment. The kitc...
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here 4 nights to visit Seattle again. Not much to add to the many previous positive reviews.
I did smell Marijuana strong in my room the first evening. Having read a review I thought it was coming from a Medical Bldg nearby so didn't figure it was neighbors having a party. Next day though I mentioned it to staff and was told the building next to Inn is for growing Marijuana only. Okay, but I definitely smelled it and smell lingered in bathroom most of night.
I went to a Storm, a Mariner game, and Ballard Locks and had no problem with buses. My truck didn't leave parking lot from time I checked in to time I left. I did go to check it first evening and staff met me wanting to know who I was. They have cameras on site. Told him I was glad he was checking and he said they'd keep eye on it.
I didn't mind the planes at all. Prior to 9-11 if I had to meet someone at airport I used to like to get there early watch planes. But security after 9-11 ruined that.
I did do a load of laundry. They have one washer and dryer. And they give you soap.
I enjoyed my stay and it was easy getting onto I-5.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We frequently come to Seattle for Mariners games. We have tried several hotels all over the Seattle area. We tried Georgetown Inn and will not try anything else. Good rates. Friendly staff. Close to town. And a great continental breakfast to get your day started. Stayed 1 night in July and will be back for 3 in August. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I chose this hotel for Seafair Friday 2014 because:

a) The location - near to the Museum of Flight and a short one-bus ride away.
b) The unbeatable price. Other hotels in Seattle would charge TWICE what the Georgetown Inn does.

On that note, sure you might have to go downstairs to use a microwave oven or a coffee machine in? But are you willing to pay an additional $100 for the in-room amenities?

Sure the Georgetown Inn room I stayed in - namely a Deluxe Queen - was a bit small. But I'd rather save the money and spend it on a helicopter ride over Seattle - I recommend Helicopters Northwest.

Finally had great, professional customer service. Room was clean, bathroom w/ shower was very nice, front desk was professional - although the overnight bag I asked them to hold smelled a bit like smoke according to both me and the taxi driver who picked me up, and I certainly want to come back.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for three nights at the Georgetown Inn. I can say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff were. Our room had a kitchen which was a bonus. The room was comfortable and the bed quite nice. Its not fancy, but had everything we needed. We did look down on the recycling center, but they closed plenty early and the windows actually blocked out almost all of the sound. The hotel has a free laundry which made it easy as we were half way through a trip. They printed boarding passes for free. The desk staff were friendly and personable. The Georgetown area was interesting. We enjoyed walking nearby. We did not have a car the last two days and the bus into downtown really was convenient and cheaper than driving and parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MrGeorgetown, Owner at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Holy sh#t! What an amazing review!!! We love you man...Until our paths meet again... Cheers!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Don't judge this hotel by what you see when first arriving. Love it for the service, proximity to all you want to see and do in Seattle, and for the unique neighborhood it's in. Go to the Gtown brewery--a must!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the recycling center