“Business or pleasure”
Review of Bacon Mansion

Bacon Mansion
Ranked #11 of 27 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here while in town on business. Next time I'm here with my wife I'll stay here too!

A total treat in every way - fresh baked muffins in the morning, immaculate attention to detail, and great guests / hosts.

Location is perfect, just close enough to Capitol Hill to access the entire city without a thought, and far with away to be quiet and feel safe.

I don't write reviews unless I'm genuinely impressed, and that's the case here. And if you are into supporting small business simply call them up instead of booking online (it'll save them on the commission).

Parking is no problem either.

Just book it already!

Jake

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 April 2014

A quaint, well appointed and friendly B&B in a great location with easy access to downtown Seattle. Great hosts, friendly breakfast table meeting with other house guests. Thanks to Darren and Darryl from your downunder visitors.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a lovely choice for Seattle. It's not far from downtown but you are in the middle of one Seattle's most beautiful neighborhoods with Volunteer Park and lots of dining options nearby. We stayed in the Venetian Room on the second floor. It's large and comfortable with a very comfortable bed and a nice size bathroom. The whole house is beautifully restored and renovated. Our flight got in late at night so our hosts left a note on the door for us with instructions on where to find the key and our room. A continental breakfast is served with delicious muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt and excellent coffee. We would happily return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dianeandstuart
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My partner and I stayed 11/5/13 at Bacon Mansion. We were about to check in at a chain hotel right by the space needle. I thought a B&B would be to far out of the way and I was tired. I looked at the room we were about to call home for the night and took my phone and called Bacon Mansion. I said do you have room I was told yes I said I am on the way.. Boy am I glad I did. The property is in a great location, rooms are awesome, Inn Keeper is AWESOME. We will be back on our next trip to the Emerald City. Oh did I mention they have parking and it is a safe neighborhood, Walking distance to food and shopping. This is also a place just like home and not sterile, noisy..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chenders12001
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Bacon Mansion for work a few times, and in October 2013 did so again with my longtime life partner and also got married there. Beautiful multi-story home with themed rooms - ours was The Clipper - and our host Daryl welcomed us every morning with a warm smile, wonderful coffee and tea, fruit and juice, and fresh-from-the-oven muffins. Daryl is a fountain of knowledge about things to do in Seattle, which he enthusiastically shares with his guests. A definite must-stay in Seattle that we'll definitely check out again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Friendly owner and staff. Rooms are diverse and all very nice. I have stayed five times in different rooms. Easy walk to Broadway and food and fun. Lighter Breakfast. Be sure to check out the different rooms for bed size and amenities before you book- or call.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We found the Bacon Mansion to be very pleasant, very clean and a great location. The décor is beautiful. Parking was not a problem in this neighborhood, but we were driving a very small car. The neighborhood was very quiet during our 5 days there. The Asian Art Museum was a great find and we probably would not have found it if it had not been so close by. The lookout from the top of the water tower in Volunteer Park was splendid.

The service was great from the moment we arrived to the day we left. The breakfast is (as many others have pointed out), very tasty, but minimal. Yogurt with fresh fruit, granola and cereal is not enough from a B&B. The homemade muffins (they were not store bought) were delicious, but that still does not constitute a full breakfast. Now everyone is different, but breakfast was served from 8:30-9:30am. That is too late for us. We like to get an early start to the day so we can accomplish things and beat the crowds. Nonetheless, we adjusted.

My suggestion would be that they should have a computer station available for people to use for small limited amounts of time. Every B&B we've been at in the past 15 years has always had computer access so that one can check email and do an online check-in with the airlines.

Please do not take this has harsh criticism. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple