Bacon Mansion
  • Pool
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Seattle(Seattle)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrose roomcapitol hillb bcarriage houseyogurtcapitol suitevenetian rooma quiet residential areathe main housegreat locationseattle neighborhoodearly riserscommon areasbed breakfastsingle nightother guestswithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2010

As a past resident of Seattle, I know the city well and have high expectations for a place to stay when I visit now for business or pleasure. The Bacon Mansion exceeded my highest hopes in every way. Darryl made every effort to make my stay comfortable. I hosted business guests on the patio, and they were charmed with the quiet, redwood environment in the heart of the city and the beautiful interior decorations of this old mansion. The commute by bus or taxi to my work meetings every day was easy. Capitol Hill is a great, centrally located place to stay, and Bacon Mansion is the best.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The location was great and we did not have a problem finding parking in the neighborhood. The Bacon Mansion is on a quiet street in a beautiful neighborhood. It is close to restaurants, cafes, shops and it is also close to all the sights in Seattle. The house is well-maintained and our room was comfortable. Free wi-fi is available. The breakfast was basic: fresh fruit, muffin, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, milk, cereal/granola. Daryl was helpful, but not overfriendly. The other gentleman who checked us in was more personable and friendly.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Capitol Hill is a great neighborhood, with a wide variety of restaurants, cafes, vintage shops, etc within a few blocks walk. You can catch a bus downtown every 15 minutes or so, or take the long but pleasant walk. The house itself is just a block or two from a large commercial area but is on a quiet residential street and a few blocks from a large park. It's a beautiful old mansion in a neighborhood of historic homes and lush gardens. The owner has done a remarkable job decorating and maintaining the building and the Carriage House, where I stayed.

The suite on the first floor of the Carriage House has a private bath (shower only), and a dining / living area separated by a folding screen from the bedroom area. My mother slept very comfortably on the main bed, but I found the pull-out sofa to be nearly intolerable.

Breakfast was tasty and adequate, but not remarkable. Fresh fruit, granola and yogurt, cereals, and hot muffins were plenty for me. There was a good selection of teas and tisanes, and decent coffee (though if you're serious about your coffee, go to Cafe Vita or Vivaci just down the road).

Deryl was kind and helpful, but not overly chatty or friendly.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Stayed here once before in the mid-1990's and loved it then. We were very pleased to find the same excellent quality of lodging experience this time with the same ownership. We stayed in the Rose room on the second floor. It is a warm and cozy room with a window out on to the garden and patio below. Staying at the Bacon Mansion is a little like stepping back in time. The mansion was built in 1909 and is lavishly furnished with period pieces and accessories from that era. Daryl, the owner, welcomed us when we arrived and he and his staff treated us as family during our stay. They gave us great advice and help on getting around Seattle and restaurants the locals frequent. The mansion sits in a quiet residential neighborhood and an evening walk down the street is like walking through a garden. All of the houses have terraced gardens in front with the houses sitting high up on the properties. This is the perfect, quiet and relaxing place to come back to after a day of doing all the Seattle "tourist" things. We highly recommend the Bacon Mansion.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2009

My East Coast family came to Seattle for a couple of days and I wanted a non-hotel environment to stay. The Bacon Mansion was an excellent choice! We had 4 rooms between us, including the Coach House which was perfect for gathering outside between activities. We had Whole Foods cater food one night (too small a group for the Bacon Mansion to cater), set up on one of the tables outside, and had a great time.
We were a short walk to Broadway, which has good restaurants & interesting shops. Access to UW and downtown Seattle was quick & easy either driving or using the Seattle bus system.
Daryl was a great Innkeeper - always available when we had questions, and very accommodating to our family gathering. Thanks to him and the Bacon Mansion, my family had a great time and has thanked me several times for picking an excellent choice for a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family