“Good value - but know the location and facility first”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle, Washington
“Good value - but know the location and facility first”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2007

I stayed at this hotel in October for an event a bit north of downtown the following morning. It is in Northern Seattle, near a shopping mall, in the 'burbs." However, there are good restaurants nearby and good shopping.

This facility is a renovated hotel built in the 1970's or early 1980's. The halls are outside. It is near the freeway so if that noise bothers you, ask for a room away from the freeway. You will need to do that in advance. Rooms at this hotel are snapped up quickly because it is very reasonable. Washington locals like me seem to like it.

Often in the summer (yes, early October seems to be summer in Seattle) Seattle hotels are overpriced. This one is not. The staff is very accommodating. The hotel is not part of a chain and I could feel that in its positive energy. There is always coffee in the lobby which is the mark of a true Seattle hotel.

Although the rooms are very simple, they are clean and safe. The housekeeping staff is great. Again, this is not a fancy place but it is clean, safe and friendly. The energetic staff takes pride in it. They offer shuttle service to the airport too.

Especially if you have a car, (there is free parking) It is good value for the money. I'll take that over glamour any day.

• Liked — Great value for the price.
  • Disliked — Outside hallways.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
4 Thank elyette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2007

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to a conference I was attending. I would not choose to stay at this hotel if you need to do business. The wireless network barely worked. The signal was so weak that it did not work properly, even after numerous calls to the internet provider. I ended up having to buy an ethernet cord to use my laptop. Also, my phone did not work the first evening of my stay. But, if you want a clean, no-frills place, this will do. The staff was friendly enough, and the continental breakfast in the morning is pretty good. The hotel is not close to the sights, so I would not find it convenient to stay here if you are sightseeing in Seattle. There is really nothing in the neighborhood and very little within walking distance unless you want to visit a below-average shopping mall down the street. If you have problems walking, make sure you room is near the elevator, which is inconveniently located if you were placed, like me, at the end of the hall on the top floor. I ended up taking the stairs, but if you have bad joints or are out of shape, it is not convenient unless your room is near the elevator.

• Liked — Clean and continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Very poor internet access in the rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

Enjoyed my stay, room was clean, had a broken iron, but not a problem. Very busy, close to shopping, and a good complimentary breakfast, from cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs...

The japanese hydrotherapy spa was great, would def rent that room again!!

• Liked — the japanese hyrdrotherapy spa
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luneytunz
minot,north dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2007

Carpet was filthy! Our feet and socks were black within minutes of being in room. The walls in the full kitchen suite were splattered with grease or food. Our 17 month old son had to sleep in a second-hand (manager admitted they purchased used from another business), stained, dirty playpen because they do not provide cribs even though their website stated they did. Front desk was lacking. Cabs were not called when they said they would, we did not get a wake up call the morning of our departure when we requested one the night before, and the free shuttle service was slow. Allow plenty of time to get to your destination. It took one hour to get to the Space Needle from the hotel. We understood this was not a 5 star hotel, but when paying almost $200 a night, we hoped things would have been nicer. We will never stay at this hotel again!

• Liked — bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — dirty, dirty
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Minotmom
Agassiz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2007

My wife and I had to go to Seattle, where our daughter had been flown from Vancouver B.C. Canada to give birth to our premature granddaughter.

Our daughter had been staying at the Hotel Nexus for approximately three weeks and recommended the Hotel to my wife and myself.

Upon calling the Hotel to make reservations the Hotel accomadated our request for a room close to our daughters. Next door in fact. As well the staff were well informed of our daughter and her family.

Upon arrival the desk staff were extremely helpful in booking us in, and demonstrated an understanding and knowledge of what was occurring with our daughter and her family and ensured that we were informed while at the same time maintaining confidentaility in regards as to being overheard.

We found our Hotel Rooms clean, the pool was in very good condition, and the staff was excellant.

I had read previous reviews on the Hotel Nexus which were negative and to be honest I was quite concerned however as I have stated I found the Hotel Nexus to be higher rated than stated.

• Liked — Good
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RoadrunnerAgassiz
Anchorage, AK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2007

I'd already read the previous reviews so called directly and spoke to Lynn, sharing my concerns. She listened and assured me I would not have the same experiences that others had written about so I made plans to spend two nights and catch a couple of Mariners games. Upon arrival we were treated like guests, we found our room to be clean (we were even allowed early check-in at 8 AM). The Mariners game package w/shuttle service was perfect and every staff member I spoke with was very friendtly, courteous, and helpful. I can't speak for other guests, but we were treated very well, our room was cleaned and made up while we were out and about and it was a very pleasant experience. I plan to return to Hotel Nexus for Seahawks games in the future...

• Stayed May 2007
4 Thank homenalaska
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2007

What a gem! We just concluded a perfectly delightful stay at the Hotel Nexus in Seattle, WA. We flew in on a blustery, rainy day, feeling a little bedraggled by a day of traveling, and were immediately warmed and uplifted by the sparkling, personal greetings and reception of the friendly hotel staff. The lobby, and come to discover the rest of the hotel as well, was artfully and tastefully decorated with funky, eccentric, neomodern retro-furnishings, the likes of which I have not seen anywhere else in my travels. In speaking with hotel personnel, they informed me that each piece was handmade exclusively for them by local furniture crafters, and were entirely unique.

In our room, the unique and progressive design features continued, and we enjoyed the most comfortable mattress that I have ever slept on. Normally, I make it through a hotel stay with varying amounts of discomfort, but I slept like the proverbial baby and didn't want to get out of that wonderful bed in the morning.

All during our stay the staff was extremely helpful, cheerful and genuinely concerned about both our comfort and our "tourist" experience, recommending (without prompting) any number of local attractions and activities. We loved the area and we particularly enjoyed the hotel. We can't wait to go back!

• Liked — ambience
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple