“Really enjoyed our stay here!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Nexus Seattle

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #72 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Nederland, Colorado, United States
“Really enjoyed our stay here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

We had a great experience here! The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly, the suite we stayed in was spotless and had the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The complimentary breakfast each morning was delicious with a rotating menu of items such as scrambled eggs and bacon (a huge hit with my entire family), sausage, egg and cheese muffins, and my husband's favorite... biscuits and gravy!. My kids really enjoyed the "do-it-yourself waffle making station" and frequented the "free hot chocolate" in the lobby several times. We felt very safe and secure (a major plus for this mom of 2 young kiddos). During our stay we also really enjoyed having access to a very nice complimentary laundry room and gym. Aside from all of the convenience, the hotel is also quite stylish and easy on the eyes with a classy retro feel (apparently it has been renovated recently... not sure what it was like before but its definitely fun and vibrant now!) We will absolutely stay there again if our travels ever take us back to the area and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, definitely go with the suite. Full kitchen including fridge, full size oven/s...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank M0untainM0mmy
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear M0untainM0mmy,

We're thrilled to share such a wonderful review about our hotel with our staff. It is our pleasure to provide you with outstanding service and we always appreciate receiving the positive feedback.

We hope to see you back soon! Joely Downing, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I've stayed here fairly often over the past 5 years, so I've seen the transformation of the hotel over the years.

PROS:
The rooms are clean and comfortable
The breakfast is good
Service from everyone is exemplary
Restaurant next door is superb
Microwave and fridge in the room -- YES!!
Room rates very reasonable for Seattle
Location is great -- just off the exit ramp from I-5, a few miles north of downtown Seattle
Elevator

CONS:
Can be a bit noisy
Don't count on having wi-fi service -- it's spotty at best, and super slow when you manage to connect. A lot of hotels seem to have this problem, so if having wireless access is critical to you, keep this in mind. They REALLY need to work on this.

This remains one of my favorite places to stay when I have concerts in Seattle. For the money, it's a good deal.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lana_in_WA
HotelNexus, Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Lana:
Thank you for being a faithful guest for the past 5 years; we’re so glad that you’ve chosen us to be your home away from home. We are constantly striving to improve our service and product; and more importantly, we make every effort to take the time to listen to our guest’s thoughts and comments. With that said, I wanted to take a moment and address concerns regarding our wireless internet service.
We have recently brought in a large 50 meg high speed connection. In addition I am excited to announce that this week we are completing phase two by significantly upgrading our wireless hardware and access points in order to improve the WiFi signal strength.
We do look forward to serving you again in the near future; please feel free to contact me at agm@hotelnexusseattle.com if we can be of further assistance. On behalf of the Nexus family, we would like to wish you a spectacular holiday season!
Warmest regards, Jonathon Shea – Assistant General Manager
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

The restaurant in front of this hotel is excellent but the hotel itself falls down in many ways. The location right near Northgate Mall may be advantageous, however the hotel has dire technical problems and some infrastructure issues too. Internet is almost impossible, and allthough the staff were friendly and helpful, they themselves could do nothing about the contract with a lousy internet company which apparently runs through December. Definitely check how internet is running before you book. The outside walkways shake when people walk on them, which you can feel inside the rooms, and the breakfast room has meager offerings which stop exactly 10am, without a second to spare. As a European guest I found this difficult. Parking sufficient and rooms clean enough.

Room Tip: Outside near the back parking lot, away from the freeway and away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dibby:
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your invaluable feedback. I apologize that you experienced some challenges during your stay especially concerning what seemed to be a very frustrating experience with our wireless internet service. I do want you to know that we really do try to listen and am excited to announce that this week we are completing installation of our new wireless hardware and access points in order significantly improve the WiFi signal strength.
I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you’re back in the Seattle area and would love to hear your thoughts on our newly upgraded system. Please don’t hesitate to call on me in the future; I’d gladly make special arrangement for your next visit with us. I can be reached at agm@hotelnexusseattle.com.
Thank you! Best regards, Jonathon Shea – Assistant General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

snohomish,wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I thought they needed more housekeepers. I was there for a week and they were really running fast and sweating. It was sad to see women having to do this back breaking work at this constant speed every day. How long can they last like this I thought. I wanted to mention this really nice maintence man- Raffeal. He came to fix a door lock, went immediately to fix the drapery rod uasked and asked if there was anything else I needed. What a gem.Later I saw him help an older lady that was having difficulty shutting her door. Jo in Snohomish.

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Dear Jo:
Thank you for your kind words concerning our staff; often times it’s the people that work in the background that deserves the most recognition. Our housekeeping and maintenance crew work very hard to keep our property in tip-top shape and take a lot of pride in making sure that our guests are well taken care of. I will certainly pass on your high praises to our Chief Engineer, Rafael. Please feel free to contact me at agm@hotelnexusseattle.com if I can be of further assistance to you.
Kind regards, Jonathon Shea - Assistant General Manager
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

The Nexus has a lot of great free stuff and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Great price for a Seattle hotel, nothing fancy but was everything you would need. Close to a mall and lots of restaurants. Their restaurant, the Saffron was very tasty. We will stay here again when we return to Seattle.

Room Tip: We paid a little more for a Hydro Spa room, wish I could take the tub home with me.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Nexus. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff and all the hotel has to offer. We are also glad you enjoyed the Saffron!! We are lucky to have such a popular and delectable restaurant on site. Hopefully you will be able to return to the Nexus soon!
Joely Downing, General Manager
Pacific NW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

We used the Hotel Nexus because we were taking a cruise out of Seattle and needed a place to stay the night before we left and also wanted a place to park our car while on the cruise. Hotel Nexus was a perfect spot for us. It is not super high end, however, it was very clean and staff was very friendly and they have done a good job restoring what looks like an older motel. The price was fair, for what it was. The location is just north of downtown, by about 15 minutes or so. However, they have a free shuttle to go pretty much to any of the tourist areas. I do suggest scheduling your shuttle pick up in the hotel BEFORE you depart. They took my husband and I downtown the evening before we left on our cruise, and to the pier 91 for the cruise and picked us up after the cruise also!! We did tip the driver a small amount, but didn't see too many other passengers do so. But, we figured a small tip is still cheaper than a taxi. I would suggest if you want to go to Pikes, not to go to their recommended drop off of (I believe it was 6th), but to go to the Pier 66 stop (I think that was the stop), and walk up to Pikes, vs. the 6-8 blocks that they recommended. The pier 66 stop seemed closer!! But both were fine. The breakfast was decent, beds were comfortable, staff friendly, good shuttle. I would stay here again without a second thought!! I didn't notice any traffic noise, but our room was located on the back side. Starbucks was right across the street (fairly busy street), and it shares a parking lot with a restaurant, which we didn't get to try to our dismay! It's also just across the freeway from a mall and movie theater, which we did catch a movie too. Very nice stay!!! Hope this helps if you're considering Hotel Nexus!

Room Tip: We stayed in 310...traffic noise wasn't an issue.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HairGalNW
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Nexus and got to take advantage of the free shuttle and explore Seattle. Hopefully you had a great cruise!!

We hope to see you again in the near future! Joely Downing, General Manager
Bellingham, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I agree with previous reviewers that it's an old property that is trying hard to be upscale. Still looks like an old motel, where you park your vehicle in front of the room. Nice effort on sprucing it up though. I liked the lobby's fancy lighting behind the desk clerk. Kind of interesting that the same swirly pattern was in the elevator. Still looked like an old elevator, but it was a nice touch.

The rooms are accessed via walkways that on a windy day would leave you pretty wet, they must work their butt off if it gets icy out. The room was exactly what I was looking for since I was there to take a 5 hr test at a testing center. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I enjoyed using the big desk-like table that was part of the room. It had nice access for plugging my laptop in, etc. It smelled like old BO, when I first went in, but that rapidly cleared up when I fired up the AC. I masked it myself with some popcorn. I like it when they have a microwave in the room. Tub had a big gouge in it, and the tub faucet dripped, but I didn't notice until the AM. Still, a very clean bathroom.

I was overall pleased with the room/hotel. It was old, but they have tried hard. The other options in the immediate area didn't look that great on tripadvisor.

BUT, after reading the recently posted review which must have hit after I booked the room, I have my luggage quarantined since one reviewer had a bedbug problem. I did NOT have any problem, and I know that even the best hotels can get infected. Knock on wood, no evidence of any bites, and I hope no stowaways.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the residential area in the back of the property, not a room facing the busy r...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 82nd_Airborne
Dear 82nd_Airborne, We definitely appreciate you taking the time to share on Trip Advisor your experience with us! No matter what age the hotel is, the staff should take pride in keeping it as clean and comfy as possible. I know our team has appreciated your comments.

P.S. We hope you did well on your test… Joely Downing, General Manager