“Reasonable price, friendly staff and central location”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #72 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Olympia, Washington
“Reasonable price, friendly staff and central location”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

If your goal is to have a reasonably priced hotel to use as a base while you go out and explore Seattle this hotel is perfect. It's not a resort. It's not fancy. I've stayed here a number of times while visiting my daughter and we find it works great. The price is reasonable and breakfast is included. Parking is free which is a plus also. A big plus is the Saffron restaurant just across the parking lot. Great food and you don't have to trek out again after a day of sightseeing or business. Front desk staff are very friendly.Sign up for the hotel newsletter and get a discount / internet price. It's not sent out often so your inbox isn't flooded!

Room Tip: I've not noticed noise as a problem but if you are concerned ask for a room on the backside of t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Indiesblue
, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Dear Indiesblue,

We are glad that you enjoy your visits to the Hotel Nexus and are able to visit your daughter! We work hard to provide value to our guests with our complimentary breakfast, parking, Wi-Fi, shuttle and accommodating staff. The newsletter is a great tip along with your recommendation of the Saffron restaurant.

Thank you for being a loyal guests and look forward to seeing you again soon. Joely Downing, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Cannon Beach, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I read all the rave reviews, and thought I'd try it out when going up to visit family in Seattle. As a regular business traveler, I can tell you it's just okay. A spruced up Motel 6 with a decent bed, nice carpets, and real tile in the bathroom. VERY small rooms, plasticky furniture, quite close to the freeway. It's noisy. Lots of kids. Breakfast is about what you'd expect at a family motel. The shuttle service is nice, and the parking is cramped but free (similar hotels in Seattle charge about $30 per day). I read all the raves about the staff and was expecting something more than front desk staff talking on the phone to friends. It's not a bad place, but it's nothing special at all. Definitely not on par with a Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn, which are about the same money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are a bit quieter than rooms on the front.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cmac555
indiana
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We were visiting my son in Seattle over the holidays, but had to stay at a hotel with my mother who requires handicap facilities. The staff at the Nexus couldn't have been more accommodating. From the moment we checked in, to checkout 8 days later, they helped make our stay comfortable. All requests were quickly filled. The hotel is not overly pretentious, but it provides the traveler with all the comforts that make guests happy. The rooms were clean, simple and well appointed. Bathrooms were recently renovated. They were clean, modern and attractive. The hotel offers a free laundry on site, as well as a workout room. The breakfast is always busy, but food is constantly replenished . Free newspapers and computers in the lobby, are always available, as is coffee 24 hours a day.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gobluebeatbucks
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for the kind words about or staff and the Hotel. We are glad you found us and that we were able to meet your needs and expectations over the holidays!
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future…

Joely Downing, General Manager
Liberty Lake, Washington
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I stayed for a couple of nights. Our heater in our room was not working at full capacity. I spoke to the front desk staff. They were so nice. They sent the maintenance person up ASAP and it took him 15 minutes to get it working. Thank you so much for the wine and chocolates as well!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Arthur S
Dear Arthur,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay. I apologize that the heater in your room was not working properly upon your arrival. I am however glad that the team here at Hotel Nexus was able to assist you in a timely fashion. We want all of our guests to be warm and comfortable here at the hotel!!

Cheers! And we hope to see you again sometime soon…
Joely Downing, General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2011

The stay was good, hotel staff wonderful and friendly athough the rooms could have been cleaner. We had booked the room as a package with a bunch of people for the seahawks game. The package was PRE-PAID in advance. Upon arrival they had asked for my credit card for incidentals and anything extra and said that's all it would be used for. When I got home I realized they had charged me for the room on my credit card, but returned the charge when I left. BUT the problem is I'm Canadian and because they charged my card and returned it, I lost out $20 in the exchange rates. You always get back less because the exchange is worse when it is put back on the card. I called to let them know that it wasn't that big of a deal but wanted to make sure it didn't happen to anyone else. The girl stated that she didn't know how and why it happend but that she would call me the next day after she talked to a supervisor. THE CALL NEVER CAME....NON-RESIDENTS OF THE USA, be aware of this and make sure that they don't do this to you!!! I even asked them before I gave them my card what they would do with it, and they said they would not be adding anything unless I had upgrades or additions to my stay.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank katamos
Dear Katamos,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our staff and that you got to enjoy the Seahawks Game Package. I apologize for the confusion and lack of communication regarding your credit card and our authorization policy for incidental charges. This is the first time anyone has mentioned that an exchange rate caused them to lose money based on the release of thier authorization. I will be looking into this and training the staff as needed. We get many Canadian guests and the last thing we want is them losing money from this policy. Please feel free to contact me at gm@hotelnexusseattle.com so I can discuss this with you in person.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future! Joely Downing, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2011

16 co-workers and I booked a Seahawks group package from the Hotel Nexus. For a very reasonable price we got a nights stay, tickets to the game, 2 free drinks from the restaurant, shuttle service to the stadium, and non stop ice cold fermented beverages on the shuttle and breakfast the next morning. The hotel is close to the north gate shopping centre and theres a starbucks and a mcdonalds across the parking lot. They even gave us a free ride in the shuttle after the game to the micro brew at the mall as the on-site restaurant closed at 10pm. Top notch customer service, everyone was really friendly. The rooms were not anything special, but they were clean and the bed had lots of pillows. While I wouldn't say this is my favourite hotel in Seattle I would stay again particularly for another sporting event package. Well done Nexus!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank JD778
Dear JD778,

We are so glad you and your co-workers enjoyed the Seahawks Party Bus package here at the Hotel Nexus!! The ice cold fermented beverages are always a big hit…We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Go Hawks! Joely Downing, General Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 5 days and not a single one was unpleasant. Its very close to both mainstream shopping (like, walking distance close) and just a short drive from downtown or some the more interesting areas like Fremont or Queen Ann. The morning breakfast was fairly good and the free access to a gym and laundry was a big help. Will definitely be staying here again next time im in Seattle. P.S, do be warned, they dont have wifi but free to use computers in the lobby, so if you have a computer stuck to your hip most the time, it may be an inconvenience, though there is a Starbucks right across the street.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank supertramp94
Dear Supertramp94,

We're so glad that you enjoyed your 5-night stay with us and that you especially enjoyed the location as well as the complimentary amenities here at the hotel. I would like to apologize that you were not informed about our internet services upon check in. We DO have complimentary WIFI in all the guest rooms as well as the lobby so I am not sure where the miscommunication occurred. I hope you'll be back soon so you can enjoy our internet all the great things Hotel Nexus and Seattle have to offer!

We hope you had safe travels back home and hope to see you again on your next visit to the West Coast. Joely Downing, General Manager