“Excellent Hotel for value”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Ogden, Utah, United States
“Excellent Hotel for value”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Was in Seattle for a couple of days, Hotel was clean and staff was awesome!! Will definitely stay there again!! The location is away from major touristy places but cab fair was reasonable.. Hotel rooms have fridge and microwave. They also have a gym, I did not use it but it looked nice.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank scarygirl13
HotelNexus, V.P. of Operations at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear scarygirl13,

We are looking forward to your return. Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind words. I can’t wait to share your comments at our next huddle with the team. Also, I hope you were able to use our hotel shuttle service to travel to some of those touristy places! If not, we will be happy to save you a little cab fare on your next visit.

Safe travels, Shawn Walker, V.P. of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 4/20/13 to attend an event at the University of Washington (about 3 miles away.) I booked our room on Hotwire for 78 per night.
The room was fine, nothing fancy but not bad either, average bed. It was clean and small but had a mini-fridge and good continental breakfast.
I had two complaints but they weren't the hotel's fault. The first was Northgate is very busy traffic wise, so plan accordingly. The 3 mile drive back to the University district took around 30 minutes. The other was the people staying above us (we were on third floor) must have had children because they were very loud and you could hear them running around the room all the time. We didn't call to complain.
All in all, the price was good, the location was good, the breakfast was good, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would take a room on the top floor to avoid hearing people above you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheyenne M
Dear Cheyenne,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent event and the University of Washington. I am happy your enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about your experience with our Seattle traffic. On a side note, we do offer shuttle service to the University District and that can be less hectic and stressful then driving your own vehicle. Also, please do feel free to let us know about any issues during your stay (including sounds from the little ones) and we will be happy to take care of you.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the University.

Sincerely, Shawn Walker - V.P. of Operations
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We've been staying at the Hotel Nexus every time we come to Seattle. The two most recent trips were for cleaning out my late brother-in-law's condo. The staff went overboard to help us out including a late check out the first time and getting boxes the second time.

Front Desk Personnel Jon and Lorena were very observant and asked if we needed anything that they could help us with. Raja procured extra boxes for us for packing up the items in the condo.

All of the staff including the breakfast workers made an otherwise miserable set of trips to be less challenging.

The Nexus has been and will be the primary place we stay in Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mls17
HotelNexus, V.P. of Operations at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear mls17,

Thank you so much for both staying with us during your trips to Seattle and for your kind words regarding the staff! We appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience at the hotel. Your comments will be shared with all the hotels team members who always take pride and appreciate feedback from our guests. I do have to say, your comments brought a smile to my face as well. What you described is the reason we all started in this business, “make a guest feel like they are in our home, genuinely care about their experience”….thank you again.

Shawn Walker, V.P. of Operations
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This was our first time staying here. We enjoyed it very much. The bed was comfortable, but I believe it was a full size and not the Queen that was advertised. My boyfriend is paraplegic and depends on a wheelchair for mobility. The room was very accessible, in fact one of the best accessible rooms we have stayed in regardless of price. The only inconvenience we had was the location of the wheelchair accessible parking. We were in room #132 and had to park on the other side of the building. The only wheelchair spot on our side was down a small hill and did not have an access aisle to load and unload wheelchair. The Indian restaurant next door was amazing! Thank you for a great nights stay!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank AFRH6488
Dear AFRH6488,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nexus and for taking the time to comment about your stay. We truly appreciate having you as our guest.

I have had other guests ask about the mattress size. I think it’s due to the additional height of the pillow top combined with the fluffy duvets, but please rest assured it is a queen size. I am happy you liked the room but do apologize that the accessible parking near your room was already occupied.

Isn’t the Saffron Bar and Grill great! I just ate there (again) last week and love it every time.

Thank you again, and please let us know if we can be of service when your travels may take you through the area again!

Shawn Walker, V.P. of Operations
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just finished a weekend long stay here . after booking but before arriving I had read a mixed bag of reviews on the place and had some trepidation about are stay I'm happy to say my stay was excellent the rooms were clean and comfortable the bed was better than my one at home and I have to rave about the Japanese hydrotherapy bath .at 6'5" it's hard for me to find a hotel bath of any stripe that fits comfortably but this one was great we were both able to soak in the tub together fairly comfortably. The staff has all been courteous and friendly even when we went searching for a bottle opener at midnight. All in all I highly re commend this place it's a fun funky place to stay

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kanrin
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Thank you Raja, Rose, Ricky and Jon. You made my stay very enjoyable. Hope to be back soon. For you, complaining about the hotels age, bla bla bla, you have always the Four Seasons option at $400/night. Cost benefit for this hotel is very good. If you want to call it a Motel. I am fine with it. Probably the best Motel on the west coast. Can not forget the free parking and breakfast. Thank you Raja.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Carlos B
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Be aware that the weather will hit you in the face each time you open the door. This is a motel, complete with concrete floors covered in carpet (the floors are cold, so you can easily tell). The mattresses and pillows were both lumpy, and there was hair in the bathtub when we checked in. The furnishings are laminate and/or plastic, and your room will not be cleaned, nor will the towels be changed, unless you ask several times, for the duration of your stay (unfortunately ours was 4 days, with 4 people in a room...ick). The breakfast was ok, and the lobby was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JayRo32

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels