“Cruise Convenience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Lowell
“Cruise Convenience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We took a cruise out of Seattle and stayed at Hotel Nexus the night before we left. The room was clean and it was conveniently located to restaurants and entertainment. We also were able to leave our car there for the entire week we were gone which really made things easy. In addition, Juan dropped us off and picked us up in the hotel shuttle directly in front of the Pier we took the ship from....it was all very convenient. When we got back, our car battery was dead and the hotel had some jumper cables and helped us get on our way! All in all, everyone on the staff treated us very nice and staying at the Hotel Nexus made our trip easy and enjoyable from start to finish!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa B
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Lisa B:

Thank you so much for your kind words. As the new General Manager of the Hotel Nexus it is fantastic to hear such great things about our property and staff! The park and cruise package is quite popular and we have received many positive comments. I'm so glad to hear Juan was your shuttle driver. Our shuttles are very popular, not only for our cruise guests, but we also drop off and pick-up at many other scheduled destinations in Seattle.

I hope you had a fantastic cruise and look forward to the possibility of serving you in the future.

Michelle Caruso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

First let me say that a multi-block wide power outage challenged the very best efforts to check in and get to my room. The contingency plan was even more challenging in a world where most working staff are ultra-dependent on powered networks and PCs. But we got through it. The room was spotless, bed and linens as well. Was able to work at a comfortable desk w/ great lighting. My room was located on the back side of the building away from the main street and on the 3rd floor - this proved to be a very quiet and comfortable location. Now oddly, upon morning of check out, the power grid again failed and check out was disabled as were elevators. Is this a Seattle kind of thing? I do not know; but I do know I will return to Hotel Nexus because of the kind and efficient hard-working people and wonderfully responsive management. Great breakfast each morning as well! Thank You Hotel Nexus crew! PS: but for the power glitches, I would have rated this hotel excellent. Maybe next stay... :)

Room Tip: High level floor (3 or 4) and back side of building is most quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Debsherlrn27:

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our property. I'm the new General Manager and it is so nice to hear my staff demonstrated “grace under duress” with the power outages. I was able to find out the power outages were due to a faulty transformer on our block, which the power company replaced after several outages. I will pass your comments onto the staff, with my thank you, for a job well done. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Michelle Caruso
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I was attending a multi-day workshop held at the Nexus Hotel, so my original choice was for convenience. Now that I've stayed there once, I will choose this hotel again when I am in Seattle. The staff were all friendly and efficient, my room was large and well-appointed. I particularly appreciate having plenty of room to move around or exercise in the room. Breakfast is better than many hotel buffets, with hot food, including eggs, plus a choice of juice. The neighborhood, despite being so close to the freeway, is pleasant, and I was able to walk around in comfort.
Being so well taken care of made my participation in the workshop easier, and the location close to the freeway meant an easy trip for dinner with a relative one evening. I hope I get to go back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DandDSanFrancisco_CA
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear DandDSanFrancisco_CA:

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words regarding the team at the Hotel Nexus. I will share your comments with my entire staff and thank them for making your Hotel Nexus experience! I’m so glad you got to utilize our modern exercise room, morning breakfast and had a successful workshop. I am new to the Hotel Nexus and am glad to hear the property exemplifies my standards of hospitality and service. Thank you again and look forward to serving you in the future!

Michelle Caruso, General Manager
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Check-in was very friendly. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped. Everything worked well and the bed was comfortable. The only down side is there was freeway noise since the property is close to the freeway.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelNexus, V.P. of Operations at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear KimKirkeyold,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the area and look forward to being able to accommodate you on your next stay!

North Pole, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

The staff at Hotel Nexus are very freindly and helpful. We stayed at the hotel while going through cancer treatment. The WHOLE staff were wonderful, they were very friendly and was very helpful. For example there was a while when my husband could not get his chest wet and the maintenance person, Rafael, changed the shower head to a hand held one, so he could still shower. All of the Shuttle personal are very helpful and we enjoyed Bruce's conversation about Seattle and what was going on. The Desk clerks, maids and breakfast staff were all very helpful and always enjoyed them very much. Everyone was very helpful to help us solve any problems we encountered. I thank them all very much.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JoAnn P
Dear JoAnn P,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your kind words regarding the team at the Nexus. I am so proud of them and promise to thank them all personally for taking such great care of their extended family! The personalized service, care and consideration you described is exactly what I know they strive for with every guest. Thank you again and I our thoughts and wishes are with you and your family.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Randall Perkins 4/29/2013 thru 5/3/2013 I have stayed here at the hotel nexus at least 40 times and the staff and just all employed there are so very helpful to me. I am in a wheelchair and they take this into consideration when it comes to putting things at a level for me to get. Also even the small things they are just so willing to do to make your stay so much beter than any other hotel I have stayed at. There are a few staff members that really stand out and they are Katherine, John and sara who works in the office. It is really nice walking in to a hotel where when you enter and they remember you and call you by your name. It really makes you feel as though you are in your second home. So thank you Hotel Nexus and thank you Katherine, john and sara!! I can't recomend this hotel enough!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the backside of hotel are much quieter but all are very clean and comfortable!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank crashman71
Dear crashman71,

First, thank you so much for being such a loyal guest and making this your home away from home. I know the team really does care, as I have had the privilege of seeing it every time I visit the hotel.

Also, thank you for taking the time to share your comments as they mean so much to all of us. I know they will always take great care of you and are looking forward to seeing you again. Best wishes from all of us.

Butte, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I did not have a vehicle while at the hotel and utilzied the hotel shuttle servie which was fantastic. All of the drivers were great and In particular driver Ivan was very helpful during this stay that was for medical purposes as well past medical stays.

The front desk staff upon arrival (Rose and Sean) were very helpful in getting a room that would work for my medical needs as well as adequate connectivity to the internet for business purposes. Unfortunally the room was great but connectiveity was not stable. Raja had Sean call IT support and they reset the system and service was very good for the rest of my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike S
Dear Mike S,

I am glad we were able to take care of all your transportation needs! It is always a privilege to take great care of our guests. I apologize that you had an issue with the internet but am grateful that you gave us the opportunity to correct it early within your stay.

P.S. Thank you for complementing the staff by name, it so great to be able to recognize them individually and as a team.

Sincerely, Shawn Walker, V.P. of Operations