“Clean”

Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Lakeside, California
“Clean”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was great. Breakfast was a welcome surprise. Food was good and they my kept it stocked and clean. Quiet. I didn't have a vehicle, took shuttle to & from the airport, not a lot of food choices unless u like Indian food. There is a 7-11 close, a couple hole in the wall spots for Greek (if I'm remembering correctly) and Chinese, and a Starbucks across the street. The mall is within walking distance and the Azteca Mexican Restaurant was amazing! I was there for a 3 day event on the premises and the staff was very good. Beautiful trees everywhere. With so much to explore in the area and the total beauty... I suggest u rent a car. I would recommend.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Keppeler!:

Thank you so very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you recognized our staff, they strive to give each guest the "Nexus Touch" of service. I was so excited to read you liked our new breakfast! We recently changed the menu to add gluten free items, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal with assorted toppings, peel and eat eggs and mini muffins.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus for your Seattle visit and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Michelle Caruso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for 5 weeks, and have both pros and cons for this hotel.

Pros:

Clean (great housekeeping)

Staff (friendly)

Free Breakfast (Good Variety)

Cons:

Noisy (right beside freeway with motel like exterior doors, you hear traffic and sirens all night long)

Thin walls (could hear EVERYTHING my neighbours were doing)

Breakfast Area (much too small a space for number of guests, always had to eat in my room)

Disrupted (please do not disturb sign on door was constantly ignored by a male supervisor, I only had it out when my baby was sleeping, and he always knocked anyway)

Over billed (we were severely over billed and it wasn't until we insisted on speaking with accounts directly that it was resolved)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Tessa F
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Tessa F:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I would like you to know that I take all feedback to heart and use the information to improve our hotel and service. I was pleased to see that you found our rooms to be clean, our staff to be friendly and our complimentary breakfast to have a good variety. As far as the "cons", I would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to ask that you contact me by email at gm@hotelnexusseattle.com or by phone (206)365-0700 so I may clarify some issues and make sure that your overcharging has been resolved.

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and I hope to hear from you soon.

Michelle Caruso

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Checked in late... Smooth check in and they are right next to a restaurant that's awesome. The pool was closed but it was still a good place to stay .. And they have a free shuttle which was very good because my husband and I didn't know where to go. We were there for appointments..

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Colgrl81
Dear Colgrl81:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you and your husband were able to utilize our shuttle service. This is a great amenity we offer that goes to many hospitals and local attractions/destinations. Some of the other utilized amenities that we offer are breakfast, Wi-Fi, fitness room, guest laundry and much more! I hope that your "smooth check-in" also included our front desk agent giving you the "Nexus touch" of service!

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus for your trip to Seattle and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here in April for a few days. The hotel was clean and the staff were very nice. There is a mall half a mile away and a Starbucks across the street (of course). It is an older building, and seems more like a motel than a hotel. The rooms are accessed from outside. The complimentary breakfast was fairly basic, with the usual cereals, waffle iron and bagels, along with two types of hot food. Typically, this would be eggs and either bacon or sausage. Edible, but not impressive. There was a good bit of noise from the people moving around in the room above us, and people walking along the outside walkway. There is a nice Indian/Mediterranean cuisine restaurant right in front of the hotel, and over at the mall there are a number of nice places to eat. The biggest problem with this hotel was that the WiFi was unreliable. I lost my internet connection repeatedly, and at any time of the day and had to struggle to get it back. Overall, I would not stay here again if I could reasonably avoid it, mostly because I don't think it is worth the price. I've stayed in much nicer places for less.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face a busy street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary G
Dear Gary G:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. We so very much appreciate your staying with us in April. You did touch-on some of our complimentary amenities (Wi-Fi & breakfast) that make us a tremendous value for the Seattle area, here are some more - free parking, shuttle to many locations, fitness room, guest laundry, in-room coffee and mini-refrigerators and our business center. My apologies the guests around you were noisy and disturbed you during your visit.

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was a comfortable clean hotel. Good staffing, a handy location, and comfortable beds though a bit on the hard side.

We found it a nice quiet place to stay, and staff very amenable. Hotel breakfasts were fine, WiFi was reliable. All in all, a good place for us for our business trip. Nothing really to complain about, and if you are looking for a clean nice room, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lalatimarketingmngr:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hotel Nexus. I was so pleased you chose the Hotel Nexus for your business trip to Seattle. I'm sorry you found our Serta Perfect Sleeper Presidential Suite Diamond Plush Beds a little hard. I'm glad you were able to recognized our cleanliness, breakfast, Wi-Fi and convenient location. But what pleases me most is to read about our friendly staff - they are an amazing group of individuals that give all our guests the "Nexus touch" of service.

Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2014

At first sight, the hotel looked like a motel, but I was very pleased that the facilities were great. We utilized the free shuttle everyday to go downtown and other places in Seattle. The staff was friendly and the other hotel guests were nice to talk to. Lots of eateries near the hotel. There are also some halal food around for muslims. (Mediterranean Grill next to 7/11, Saffron grill has no pork I think )

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Lulu G:

Thank you so very much for review the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor! I was so pleased to read our hotel was great and you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service. Our shuttles go to many local attractions and destinations throughout Seattle. You like many other guests recognize the value, location and most of all our outstanding staff. Our staff consistently gives the "Nexus Touch" of service to each and every guest.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel while my husband had surgery at the University of Washington Medical Center. The staff was wonderful and the hotel was very clean. I used the shuttle service to and from the Medical Center. The drivers were very caring and courteous. They were very punctual and I really appreciated not having to drive to the UW every day. This is a great hotel and the price was very accomodating for those of us with medical concerns. Thank you to all the staff that made my stay so much easier!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Herbalist58350
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Herbalist58350:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor! It pleases me so to read about the cleanliness of our property, friendliness of our staff and our complimentary shuttle service. We try to make each and every guest feel the Nexus Touch of hospitality and service. We are fortunate to be able to have many hospital guests and to able to supply our complimentary shuttles to numerous hospitals.

I hope your husband is having a speedy recovery and thank you so very much for choosing the Hotel Nexus for your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future.