“Average all around”

Ranked #71 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Houston, Texas
“Average all around”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel as we were in Seattle very briefly for an appointment. We stayed here only because it was so close to the office where we were headed so location-wise it could not have been better. However for most sightseers, it is a bit north of the city. It is conveniently located just off I-5.
It was pretty clean but there was a really unpleasant sour smell coming from the bathroom which I attributed to the shower curtain. This was very off putting and leads you to believe things are less clean than they may actually be. This could have been easily remedied by any housekeeper with a nose. Sheets and towels were clean and the bed was comfortable. There was only one chair in the room for 2 people and it was quite noisy outside since it is in a busy area. Turning up the fan helped drown that out. The A/C worked well. They have a buffet breakfast which we did not eat, opting to go by Starbuck's across the street.
I would not stay here again unless I was returning to that area of Seattle specifically and would not stay more than one night if I did.

• Stayed June 2014
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Betsy S:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves in the quality of service and product that we offer and fell short of your expectations with a smelly shower curtain. I do agree also, that this could have been quickly remedied by the housekeeper changing out the curtain - this has been reviewed with the individual involved. Your comment that we might be out of the way for sightseers is just the opposite - we have complimentary shuttles to downtown and save many guests on expensive parking fees. Plus we are conveniently located off of Interstate 5. Our hot complimentary breakfast has recently been upgraded to add granola, gluten free bread, breakfast potatoes and much more - sorry you did not have a chance to try it out.

Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to possibly serve you again in the future.

Michelle Caruso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Moses Lake
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the nexus numerous times in the past. This time there was an air freshner or some other product used in the room that had an unbearable smell for both my husband and me. The whole experience is just so/so, adequate, moderately clean, not a real safe feeling neighborhood. We will try somewhere else next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marciab2012
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear MarciaB2012:

Thank you for reviewing The Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor and also telling us about your experience on our departure survey. I have reached out to you with my contact information to discuss your stay. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff along with the cleanliness of our property - we obviously fell short of your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping Manager and the room in question has been addressed.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we hope to be in contact with you shortly.

Michelle Caruso

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Lowell
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Once again we stayed at Hotel Nexus before our cruise adventure. The shuttle schedule to the docks has changed, but it's still the same great, friendly service. And a deal when you consider we parked our car there for a week. Thank you Hotel Nexus! We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisa B:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased you were able to stay at the Hotel Nexus and take advantage of our cruise and park package. I hope you had a wonderful cruise! We pride ourselves on the product and services we offer and I see we met your expectations.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at the Hotel NEXUS across I-5 from Northgate Mall in Seattle several times now. It's easy to get on or off I-5 just a block or two from the hotel. I've been receiving treatments at Swedish Medical Center, and the hotel has an economical Swedish rate. They have a shuttle that will take you to the Swedish facilities although the schedule isn't great. It's a clean, comfortable place to stay, and one of the best aspects is free parking. The big downtown hotels can hit you pretty hard for overnight parking. The huge Northgate Mall is easily walkable and Stanford's Restaurant is very easy to walk to. The included hotel breakfast is good, although nothing spectacular. Staff is friendly and courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank steveinwa1
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Steveinwa1:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. Firstly, I am so glad we offer the Swedish Hospital rate and hope your treatments were a success. We offer discounts for several hospital patients and their families, it is our pleasure to assist during these stressful times. I am glad you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service to the hospital. I hope you were able to also utilize our shuttle to numerous other drop-off locations throughout Seattle. Thank you for also recognizing that our property is clean, our complimentary parking and we have a convenient location.

Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and hope you choose our property on your next visit to Seattle.

Lakeside, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was great. Breakfast was a welcome surprise. Food was good and they my kept it stocked and clean. Quiet. I didn't have a vehicle, took shuttle to & from the airport, not a lot of food choices unless u like Indian food. There is a 7-11 close, a couple hole in the wall spots for Greek (if I'm remembering correctly) and Chinese, and a Starbucks across the street. The mall is within walking distance and the Azteca Mexican Restaurant was amazing! I was there for a 3 day event on the premises and the staff was very good. Beautiful trees everywhere. With so much to explore in the area and the total beauty... I suggest u rent a car. I would recommend.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Keppeler!:

Thank you so very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you recognized our staff, they strive to give each guest the "Nexus Touch" of service. I was so excited to read you liked our new breakfast! We recently changed the menu to add gluten free items, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal with assorted toppings, peel and eat eggs and mini muffins.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus for your Seattle visit and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for 5 weeks, and have both pros and cons for this hotel.

Pros:

Clean (great housekeeping)

Staff (friendly)

Free Breakfast (Good Variety)

Cons:

Noisy (right beside freeway with motel like exterior doors, you hear traffic and sirens all night long)

Thin walls (could hear EVERYTHING my neighbours were doing)

Breakfast Area (much too small a space for number of guests, always had to eat in my room)

Disrupted (please do not disturb sign on door was constantly ignored by a male supervisor, I only had it out when my baby was sleeping, and he always knocked anyway)

Over billed (we were severely over billed and it wasn't until we insisted on speaking with accounts directly that it was resolved)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Tessa F
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Tessa F:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I would like you to know that I take all feedback to heart and use the information to improve our hotel and service. I was pleased to see that you found our rooms to be clean, our staff to be friendly and our complimentary breakfast to have a good variety. As far as the "cons", I would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to ask that you contact me by email at gm@hotelnexusseattle.com or by phone (206)365-0700 so I may clarify some issues and make sure that your overcharging has been resolved.

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and I hope to hear from you soon.

Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Checked in late... Smooth check in and they are right next to a restaurant that's awesome. The pool was closed but it was still a good place to stay .. And they have a free shuttle which was very good because my husband and I didn't know where to go. We were there for appointments..

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Colgrl81
Dear Colgrl81:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you and your husband were able to utilize our shuttle service. This is a great amenity we offer that goes to many hospitals and local attractions/destinations. Some of the other utilized amenities that we offer are breakfast, Wi-Fi, fitness room, guest laundry and much more! I hope that your "smooth check-in" also included our front desk agent giving you the "Nexus touch" of service!

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus for your trip to Seattle and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.