“nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Miami Beach, Florida
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Clean, convenient to downtown by car, bus, or rather limited shuttle service. All large hotel amenities including a full hot breakfast. Best of all, service was excellent and friendly: front desk, housekeeping, shuttle driver, even a young maintenance man who helped us with bus routes. Our 4th floor back room was off the busy street and quiet. Definite recommendation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AliceMoffat
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Juicyloo2:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus. Your feedback is an invaluable tool to assist us in our pursuit of exceptional service to each and every customer. My apologies that your card was authorized for the full amount of your stay, plus incidentals, as this was an error. We do pre-authorize, not charge, all reservations twenty-four hours in advance as to guarantee and hold for your arrival - again this is an authorization only.

I hope your stay in Seattle was pleasant and thank you for selecting the Hotel Nexus.

Michelle Caruso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here before and it was great so I posted a positive review about it. When I planned a trip to Seattle again I made a reservation through the hotel's website, but I think the hotel is under new management now. The website said nothing about charging my credit card in full before my stay and this wasn't the case when I had stayed here before, so I was upset when the hotel charged more than the full amount of my stay before I even checked in. I called and asked why they charged an additional amount and was told that it was to cover 'incidentals'. When I arrived there were no amenities in the room like water or a mini bar that could have qualified as incidentals, so I still don't know why they did that. The hotel stay was okay, but I didn't appreciate the unforeseen charge being placed on my credit card in advance of my stay, so I will find another hotel when I travel to Seattle again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank juicyloo2
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Juicyloo2:

Michelle Caruso

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Langley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked this hotel as we had a course on the Saturday at a near by buisness, we also upgrade to a Spa Suite.
We arrived and the check in was great, the front desk staff and great. We went to our room and we were a little dissapointed at the size of the room. We would have been ok with the size of the room but then we discovered other things. It was advertised as having a Spa Tube, which it did and we enjoyed but it only had one "Luxurious Bathrobe" and it did not have a belt.
We went out for dinner and returned to put the leftover in the fridge. I opened the fridge and it was warm inside, I turned the controler to the coldest setting and it never got cold. In the morning we tried to make coffee but the coffee maker did not work. We tpld the front desk about the problems and when we returned after our course, the fridge had been replaced but not the coffee maker, also housekeeping took the used towels for the spa but did not leave any clean ones. Another trip to the front desk. They did replace the coffee maker then and brought clean towels also.
The next day we went to Pike Place Market or the day onlt to return to the room to once again find no clean towels, used ones gone and one soaking wet towel still on the bathroom floor. We gave up.
The room itself looked like it was a regular room that the Spa Tube was installed at a latr date. The Spa Tube is in the main room with a peice of frosted glass dividing the room from the bathroom, now the glass does not goto the ceiling or to the edge of the opening so you hear with clarity everything that is happening in the bathroom, which bothered my wife alot.
The location is not the greatest if you want to do things in downtown Seattle, they do have a free shuttle but it leaves at 9:30 in the morning and then picks you up again at 3:00 in the aftrnooon. If you want to have dinner downtown you will have to get a cab at least one way, about $30.
We will not be back and we will tell everyone who will listen about our time there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RMPearson
Dear RMPearson:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I first and foremost would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We strive to give a superior product and service and obviously fell short of those expectations. I would like to discuss your stay further and would like you to email or contact me at (206)365-0700.

Once again, my apologies and I look forward to speaking with you and being given the opportunity to have your patronage again.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel as we were in Seattle very briefly for an appointment. We stayed here only because it was so close to the office where we were headed so location-wise it could not have been better. However for most sightseers, it is a bit north of the city. It is conveniently located just off I-5.
It was pretty clean but there was a really unpleasant sour smell coming from the bathroom which I attributed to the shower curtain. This was very off putting and leads you to believe things are less clean than they may actually be. This could have been easily remedied by any housekeeper with a nose. Sheets and towels were clean and the bed was comfortable. There was only one chair in the room for 2 people and it was quite noisy outside since it is in a busy area. Turning up the fan helped drown that out. The A/C worked well. They have a buffet breakfast which we did not eat, opting to go by Starbuck's across the street.
I would not stay here again unless I was returning to that area of Seattle specifically and would not stay more than one night if I did.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Betsy S:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves in the quality of service and product that we offer and fell short of your expectations with a smelly shower curtain. I do agree also, that this could have been quickly remedied by the housekeeper changing out the curtain - this has been reviewed with the individual involved. Your comment that we might be out of the way for sightseers is just the opposite - we have complimentary shuttles to downtown and save many guests on expensive parking fees. Plus we are conveniently located off of Interstate 5. Our hot complimentary breakfast has recently been upgraded to add granola, gluten free bread, breakfast potatoes and much more - sorry you did not have a chance to try it out.

Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to possibly serve you again in the future.

Moses Lake
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the nexus numerous times in the past. This time there was an air freshner or some other product used in the room that had an unbearable smell for both my husband and me. The whole experience is just so/so, adequate, moderately clean, not a real safe feeling neighborhood. We will try somewhere else next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marciab2012
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear MarciaB2012:

Thank you for reviewing The Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor and also telling us about your experience on our departure survey. I have reached out to you with my contact information to discuss your stay. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff along with the cleanliness of our property - we obviously fell short of your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping Manager and the room in question has been addressed.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we hope to be in contact with you shortly.

Lowell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Once again we stayed at Hotel Nexus before our cruise adventure. The shuttle schedule to the docks has changed, but it's still the same great, friendly service. And a deal when you consider we parked our car there for a week. Thank you Hotel Nexus! We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisa B:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased you were able to stay at the Hotel Nexus and take advantage of our cruise and park package. I hope you had a wonderful cruise! We pride ourselves on the product and services we offer and I see we met your expectations.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at the Hotel NEXUS across I-5 from Northgate Mall in Seattle several times now. It's easy to get on or off I-5 just a block or two from the hotel. I've been receiving treatments at Swedish Medical Center, and the hotel has an economical Swedish rate. They have a shuttle that will take you to the Swedish facilities although the schedule isn't great. It's a clean, comfortable place to stay, and one of the best aspects is free parking. The big downtown hotels can hit you pretty hard for overnight parking. The huge Northgate Mall is easily walkable and Stanford's Restaurant is very easy to walk to. The included hotel breakfast is good, although nothing spectacular. Staff is friendly and courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank steveinwa1
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Steveinwa1:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. Firstly, I am so glad we offer the Swedish Hospital rate and hope your treatments were a success. We offer discounts for several hospital patients and their families, it is our pleasure to assist during these stressful times. I am glad you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service to the hospital. I hope you were able to also utilize our shuttle to numerous other drop-off locations throughout Seattle. Thank you for also recognizing that our property is clean, our complimentary parking and we have a convenient location.

Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and hope you choose our property on your next visit to Seattle.