“Affordable convenience”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #73 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Affordable convenience”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Refitted elderly hotel in the middle of everywhere on the north end of town. Pet friendly (15 dollar fee), complimentary dog dish, awesome employees. The gal that checked us in had a "trainee" nametag and was just the most efficient, personable and helpful desk agent ever. It's not fancy, but has everything you could want for a short stay. Just off I-5 near Northgate, free breakfast, small pool, comfy beads and plenty of soundproofing in the walls made for a very restful two nights, a welcome oasis for any Seattle vacation. Added bonus, freakin' AWESOME Indian restaurant out front, a donut shop next door and, of course, a Starbucks right across the street. "A" plus, two thumbs up, will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear kennycj:

Thank you so very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I was so very pleased to see that our staff, including our newest hire, gave you the "Nexus Touch" of hospitality and service! You named so many reasons that travelers choose us from our location, price value, pet friendly, pool, complimentary breakfast, cleanliness and the Saffron restaurant on property.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus for your Seattle visit and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Michelle Caruso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Corte Madera, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel has everything I want in a good hotel. I found nothing to complain about. I will return for my birthday. Going to Vancover''s Butchard Gardens.
Stayed 4 nights!I booked 2 suites directly through the hotel. No extra charges.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Pool and spa closed during my stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank keshetconi
Dear keshetconi:

Thank you so very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I'm was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit with us in one of our suites. I hope you were able to enjoy many of the complimentary amenities we offer such as breakfast, shuttle service, Wi-Fi, fitness room and guest laundry facility. But most of all, I hope our employees gave you the "Nexus Touch" of hospitality and service.

I hope your trip to Vancouver and Butchard Gardens went well! Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to your return.

Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel (Motel) Nexus for one of our nights on our last trip to Seattle. We decided to stay out of downtown for a night to save on cost. We did not know what to expect of this hotel but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has been updated with fresh paint and some fresh furniture that makes the place look nice. We upgraded to the spa suite. The room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, the fridge and coffee maker worked and the spa tub was a nice bonus. The room was nice but average, nothing special to earn it a higher rating. Breakfast was decent, had a good assortment of eggs/French toast/cereal/toast, etc. Breakfast room is very packed and small to accommodate all of the guests. Nice location to downtown (about 10-30 minutes depending on traffic) and the mall is really close by. Overall a very nice experience for a good price.

Room Tip: Room on the back (north) of the hotel avoids traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brewztraveler
Dear ReidJenn:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I was so pleased to read you stayed in one of our Japanese Soaking tub rooms, aren't the tubs amazing! You pointed out many of the values that make guest choose us from our vicinity to downtown Seattle, ample complimentary breakfast, close to Northgate Mall and our pricing value. Some of the other amenities that set us apart are our complimentary shuttle, Wi-Fi and 24 hour fitness center.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus, for your visit to Seattle, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Glendale, California, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Before making a reservation at Hotel Nexus, I read several reviews. They were decidedly mixed; however, much was made of the staff's friendliness. That factor, along with free Wi-Fi, the location near where we were visiting, and -- what I thought at the time was -- a reasonable price, sealed the deal. Unfortunately, the overall experience was very disappointing.
> When we arrived in our room, I noticed a coffee ring stain on bedside table. No bid deal, right? Yet what else did housekeeping miss?
> Then there was the broken faucet handle in bathroom. Later we discovered the A/C unit did not function. The next morning I called Front Desk re these two items, which resulted in the faucet's repair, yet the A/C unit was still non-functioning. Called Front Desk again re A/C. Maintenance made adjustments, but the A/C still did not function properly.
> While the breakfast selection was adequate, the Breakfast Room has a built-in bottleneck. Mgmt should consider different arrangement so backup at one station does not cause delay at another.
> The free Wi-Fi needed constant refreshing to use Internet.
> At checkout, Front Desk informed us that, because we had reserved through 3rd party, it was responsible for issuing receipt. [!] Contacted the 3rd, they informed us that hotel was responsible for record of customer expenses and should issue receipt. (Makes sense to me!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith C
Dear Keith C:

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the problems you experienced during your visit. We strive to give a superior product and service and obviously fell short of those standards. We have recently significantly upgraded our complimentary breakfast menu and we will soon have overflow seating available in our lobby along with second floor patio seating to accommodate our guests during our busy season. I was glad to see my staff responded on fixing your faucet.

I have also followed up with our housekeeping staff to make sure to look at our in-room coffee makers are cleaned properly. By telling us where we can improve, you give us the ability to deliver better service to all in the future - and for that I'm grateful for the feedback. Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Michelle Caruso

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Clean, convenient to downtown by car, bus, or rather limited shuttle service. All large hotel amenities including a full hot breakfast. Best of all, service was excellent and friendly: front desk, housekeeping, shuttle driver, even a young maintenance man who helped us with bus routes. Our 4th floor back room was off the busy street and quiet. Definite recommendation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AliceMoffat
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Juicyloo2:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus. Your feedback is an invaluable tool to assist us in our pursuit of exceptional service to each and every customer. My apologies that your card was authorized for the full amount of your stay, plus incidentals, as this was an error. We do pre-authorize, not charge, all reservations twenty-four hours in advance as to guarantee and hold for your arrival - again this is an authorization only.

I hope your stay in Seattle was pleasant and thank you for selecting the Hotel Nexus.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here before and it was great so I posted a positive review about it. When I planned a trip to Seattle again I made a reservation through the hotel's website, but I think the hotel is under new management now. The website said nothing about charging my credit card in full before my stay and this wasn't the case when I had stayed here before, so I was upset when the hotel charged more than the full amount of my stay before I even checked in. I called and asked why they charged an additional amount and was told that it was to cover 'incidentals'. When I arrived there were no amenities in the room like water or a mini bar that could have qualified as incidentals, so I still don't know why they did that. The hotel stay was okay, but I didn't appreciate the unforeseen charge being placed on my credit card in advance of my stay, so I will find another hotel when I travel to Seattle again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank juicyloo2
Dear Juicyloo2:

Langley
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked this hotel as we had a course on the Saturday at a near by buisness, we also upgrade to a Spa Suite.
We arrived and the check in was great, the front desk staff and great. We went to our room and we were a little dissapointed at the size of the room. We would have been ok with the size of the room but then we discovered other things. It was advertised as having a Spa Tube, which it did and we enjoyed but it only had one "Luxurious Bathrobe" and it did not have a belt.
We went out for dinner and returned to put the leftover in the fridge. I opened the fridge and it was warm inside, I turned the controler to the coldest setting and it never got cold. In the morning we tried to make coffee but the coffee maker did not work. We tpld the front desk about the problems and when we returned after our course, the fridge had been replaced but not the coffee maker, also housekeeping took the used towels for the spa but did not leave any clean ones. Another trip to the front desk. They did replace the coffee maker then and brought clean towels also.
The next day we went to Pike Place Market or the day onlt to return to the room to once again find no clean towels, used ones gone and one soaking wet towel still on the bathroom floor. We gave up.
The room itself looked like it was a regular room that the Spa Tube was installed at a latr date. The Spa Tube is in the main room with a peice of frosted glass dividing the room from the bathroom, now the glass does not goto the ceiling or to the edge of the opening so you hear with clarity everything that is happening in the bathroom, which bothered my wife alot.
The location is not the greatest if you want to do things in downtown Seattle, they do have a free shuttle but it leaves at 9:30 in the morning and then picks you up again at 3:00 in the aftrnooon. If you want to have dinner downtown you will have to get a cab at least one way, about $30.
We will not be back and we will tell everyone who will listen about our time there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RMPearson
Dear RMPearson:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I first and foremost would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We strive to give a superior product and service and obviously fell short of those expectations. I would like to discuss your stay further and would like you to email or contact me at (206)365-0700.

Once again, my apologies and I look forward to speaking with you and being given the opportunity to have your patronage again.